Epcot World Showcase

once

Mouseketeer
On Disney’s website, it says that the World Showcase at Epcot starts at 11 a.m. By “World showcase”, did they mean the video presentation of each country? Are everything else (stores and gift shops) open before 11? If I head there early, what should I expect to find (any area being closed off, Photopass photographers?)

The only things open in World Showcase before 11AM are Akershus for breakfast ADRs and Boulangerie Patisserie for Quick Serve. There are Cast Members and Ropes that prevent folks from wandering too much. We do enter Epcot from the International Gateway at Rope Drop and there is a rope over the bridge leading to France. We freely roam and take pictures in the UK and Canada pavillions on our way to Future World. I don't think you can wander around the rest of World Showcase before 11AM though if you told a CM you were heading to France to go to Boulangerie Patisserie that would be OK. I don't think you'll find any Photopass photographers and you won't be able to shop. Hope that helps!

Thank you. I was hoping to get to the World Showcase earlier (maybe at 10:15) and take some photos (with my tripod if there's no photographer around) before the crowds pour in. But it sounds like the area will be pretty closed off.

Thank you. I was hoping to get to the World Showcase earlier (maybe at 10:15) and take some photos (with my tripod if there's no photographer around) before the crowds pour in. But it sounds like the area will be pretty closed off.
You will not be allowed to do that.

The only way to get anywhere close to World Showcase before it opens is if you come in through the International Gateway from Y&BC and the Boardwalk. We did that before and just sat in a nice quiet area in the UK before the rest of WS opened. If you go in that way you may be able to snap a few pictures without many people, however none of the shops/restaurants are open at that time

You would be able to get pictures in Mexico and Norway, although Norway is busy. I think you can also get pictures in Canada and UK, and now possibly portions of France. The inside areas, other than the listed above food places, just will not be open.

If you are at the RD ropes at 11 am, you could probably get to some countries without a large amount of people.

On Disney’s website, it says that the World Showcase at Epcot starts at 11 a.m. By “World showcase”, did they mean the video presentation of each country? Are everything else (stores and gift shops) open before 11? If I head there early, what should I expect to find (any area being closed off, Photopass photographers?)
The term "world showcase" means the area where all the countries are represented, not the individual movies of each country.

You can walk past Mexico and Norway. That part is open to allow guests access to Akershus for breakfast. You can't go past Norway. The Mexico pyramid is closed. You could only get photos of the exterior. Norway will have strollers parked all over the place.

You can also walk past Canada, Britain and France which are accessible to guests going to Les Halles in France for breakfast. You can't go past France.

The only places open will be Akershus, Les Halles, and some limited merchandise locations in Norway and France. Nothing else will be operating until 11 AM. Some of the restaurants and bars open later (no service in Rose & Crown pub until 11:30, La Cava del Tequila opens at noon)

The term "world showcase" means the area where all the countries are represented, not the individual movies of each country.

Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping that was not the case

Does Future World East/West open before the World Showcase?

As already indicated, Future World opens usually about 9 am, unless they are opening early for EMH or some other reason. World Showcase then has its own RD at 11 am. The rope drop on the left side when facing WS is between Norway and China. On the right side, I think it is now somewhere in France.

As already indicated, Future World opens usually about 9 am, unless they are opening early for EMH or some other reason. World Showcase then has its own RD at 11 am. The rope drop on the left side when facing WS is between Norway and China. On the right side, I think it is now somewhere in France.

Do a lot of people line up for this RD? My trip is in September

Guests can walk through France,United Kingdom,Canada,Mexico and Norway until 11:00 AM.

There is a rope between Norway and China and a rope between France and Morocco until 11:00 AM.

The only things open before 11:00 AM are Akershus,the "front part" of the Norway Merch Shop,World Traveler and the Bakery and adjacent Merch Shop in France(also sometimes the kiosks in Canada and UK will open before 11:00 AM).:)

9328730345_4567a101a2_c.jpg

14008555737_010dd3faa5_c.jpg

Do a lot of people line up for this RD? My trip is in September

It is nothing like RD for the parks. Many do not actually line up at the RD until about 10-15 minutes before the actual drop, at least when I have been there. Most just hang out until the drop and then stroll through. I think the most I saw in the few times I was there for the Norway/China drop was about 30 people waiting, but most were just sitting on benches waiting.

Guests can walk through France,United Kingdom,Canada,Mexico and Norway until 11:00 AM.

There is a rope between Norway and China and a rope between France and Morocco until 11:00 AM.

The only things open before 11:00 AM are Akershus,the "front part" of the Norway Merch Shop,World Traveler and the Bakery and adjacent Merch Shop in France(also sometimes the kiosks in Canada and UK will open before 11:00 AM).:)

9328730345_4567a101a2_c.jpg

14008555737_010dd3faa5_c.jpg

Thank you very much for the pictures! It's so much easier than trying to imagine it

Thank you very much for the pictures! It's so much easier than trying to imagine it
You're welcome.:)

I love to walk through WS in the early AM-so peaceful and pretty.

Sometimes I will just sit in front of Rose & Crown for a while and watch everybody coming from the IG excitedly headed to FW.

Wait, so does that mean people coming from the BW hotels for Akersus breakfast have to walk all the way around to get to Norway? Oooph!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter