Epcot, what am I missing

I am a huge science fan and when I am at Future World at Epcot I can almost imagine that I am in some kind of city of the future. I guess that is Walt wanted after all. I love every ride and exhibit we have been on. The World Showcase is an entirely different park to me. It is so relaxed and I love just wandering around and swear that next time I will take an entire day of just Epcot and DS will just have to get over it.

Don't forget Illuminations!

We go in Dec. - It's amazing all year long but Christmas is just something special. I always end up w/ tears running down my cheeks. The fireworks are larger then life.

We hit a different park each day & always end up in Epcot - I can't immagine a trip DW w/out a lot of time in WS.

We love Epcot!
Future World is fun with Test Track and Innoventions, Living Seas and Imagination! We especially love World Showcase-walking through the different countries, sampling the many foods and walking through the shops, watching street performers and shows! There is a lot to do in Epcot, we find with the exception of Future World, we take this park at a slower relaxed pace. Lots of fun!
:)

jenk1013 said:
Are the snacks free? Someone mentioned there being little carts with things to try, but I wasn't sure if you had to pay for the stuff or not. We are a group of 5, so if we sampled food in each country, I'm guessing it would get pretty expensive.

Unfortunately no you have to pay for snacks. You might want to research other threads of favorites that other people like to munch on and pick out of few of those. Some of the items are big enough to share. My guess is that not everyone will want something in every country.

I agree with others saying that you need to give it a chance to grow on you. It is so different from the usual theme park experience (even for Disney) that it seems kind of odd and not what you expected. But that same “different kind of park” factor makes it very possible that some just won’t like it. A lot of people don’t feel like getting educated and/or exploring “the World” on their vacation. Because of that, they might find a few things enjoyable, but for the most part, Epcot is a dull time. I know the first time that I went with my parents (I was 15 at the time), they forced me to walk around WS with them and I enjoyed it about as much as a root canal…FW was okay because it had some neat stuff, but I was on vacation and was trying to get away from getting “educated”. So that first trip to Epcot was an awful experience. But now (after an enjoyable post-college trip to Epcot), I can’t wait to get back to Epcot.

I guess the moral of my post is…give it another try, don’t be afraid to explore everything, including things that you think you might not like (You may be surprised at some of the things that you find yourself enjoying). But if you don’t like it, don’t feel bad or confused..it’s probably just not your cup o’ tea.

We love Epcot! FW is good, but I too am not one to spend a lot of time looking at the displays. My dh likes it, I get a bit bored. But there are some things (they've all been mentioned) that are great (turtles, TT). I can't wait to try Soarin, it wasn't open when we were there. My kids love Spaceship Earth. And they really love the musical fountain...I would never have guessed how long they would stand there watching.
WS is my fave. I love all the shows. You definitely have to get a schedule and plan a bit. There are also a lot of characters in little nooks and crannies around the World. The first time we found Belle & Beast all alone in France, we were amazed. Nobody else was there for 5 or 10 minutes...it was great. The kids also like making the masks at the kidcot stations and we like the food. The boat rides (Mexico and Norway) are fun, and we've done the princess breakfast in Norway twice. We love Illuminations, the last time I went I took my mom for her 70th b-day...we sat on the water at Rose & Crown...had a nice meal and a great view. I still feel I haven't seen all I can there and can't wait to go back. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter