• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Touring Plan Help

cmpeter

DIS Veteran
It's going to be me, dh, ds (16) and dd (12). Going on Monday, Aug 30. First time at WDW (have done DL tons). I want to plan the morning headliners and leave the afternoon free for the "anytime" rides and/or heading back to the hotel (Hilton Parc Soleil off-site). We have a 6:00 pm dinner reservation (Teppan Edo) and will then stay for Illuminations.

I would like to have a plan for Soarin, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, Sum of all Thrills and Mission Space. Would also try and fit lunch in around 11:30 (CS.)

I plugged the rides into Ride Max and Touring Plans and got very different schedules...one had me pull no Fast Passes and had a 45 minute wait for Mission Space, a 28 minute wait for Sum and a 21 minute wait for Spaceship. The other had virtually no waits at all.

So...what order would you do these rides in? When and for what would you pull a Fast Pass? Thanks!

We went in June and spent 2 days at Epcot. This is what we did...

As soon as we arrived (shortly after park opening) we went to Soarin' to grab FPs. We used the Mobile Magic app, so depending on the return time, we chose what to do next. One day, we went to Nemo and spent some time there. There other day, we went to Mission Space. Spaceship Earth usually had no wait or a 5 minutes. Usually our FP return time was right after lunch, so we grabbed QS in the building...Sunshine Seasons (I think). We fit in the other attractions in the building when the times were short. Only waited 5 minutes for Living with the Land. One day when we had later FP times, I booked a Behind the Seeds tour - right by Soarin' - which was really neat. Our tour guide actually gave us 3 FPs for Soarin' for 3 people each. My boys were in heaven!

Epcot was our favorite park by far. We loved the WS and all of the shows and street performers.

August 30th is a Wednesday..

we have been during the last week in August.

we headed directly to soaring and grabbed FPs (use the 16 year old as a fast pass runner)
then went and rode test track-- but that is closed for you. grab your Fp then head into Sum of all thrills.

we rode the space ship earth as we were leaving the park.

(crowds are super low-- if you are using touring plans best park option.

I dont think we ever waited more then 5-10 minutes for any ride

August 30th is a Wednesday..

Actually, it's the Thursday. And the only reason I know, is that we're doing MK on the 28th for a last day of pass on our way back through Orlando, and hitting Harry Potter land on the Wednesday the 29th!

Oh...thanks for pointing out my error with the date...it's July 30th (a Monday.)

Thanks for the feedback...Soarin first sounds like the way to go.

We don't do Soarin' as we're both terrified of heights, but I agree that's where you should start. If your return time is pretty quick, you could go to Nemo because it's very close. If it's later, then I suggest doing one of the other big ticket rides possibly, but we love Nemo and definitely do Turtle Talk with Crush.

Do you plan on walking the World Showcase later that evening? I love walking back there!

Agree. Soarin first.

Do not wait in line for Spaceship Earth. It should be walk-on either on your way out after lunch or on the way back in before dinner.

juliebug1997 said:
We don't do Soarin' as we're both terrified of heights, but I agree that's where you should start. If your return time is pretty quick, you could go to Nemo because it's very close. If it's later, then I suggest doing one of the other big ticket rides possibly, but we love Nemo and definitely do Turtle Talk with Crush.

Do you plan on walking the World Showcase later that evening? I love walking back there!

I have a terrible, terrible fear of heights and I love Soarin' - you should give it a try! I only have to close my eyes a couple of times.
Oh, and I can't go into the queue that seats the up top rows...lol.

cmpeter, be sure to set a start and end time for your touring plan on TP.com; without those, the optimizer thinks you'll be in the park all day. I set an end time of 1:30 pm and got different results.

Len

Actually, it's the Thursday. And the only reason I know, is that we're doing MK on the 28th for a last day of pass on our way back through Orlando, and hitting Harry Potter land on the Wednesday the 29th!

LOL its my birthday == and it IS on Thursday (will be in aruba on a sunset sail

This involves some backtracking, but I would do your attractions in this order:
1 - Soarin
2 - Sum of All Thrills
3 - Mission Space
4 - Spaceship Earth
5 - Living with the Land

If you start at park opening, you ought to be able to do these easily by 11:30.

The order in the previous post is great! And if you do Living with the Land last, you can grab your CS lunch at Sunshine Seasons (my fav)!

When we went, the line for Soarin' was half as long as the FP line. So we went on Soarin', then to Nemo (skipped Turtle Talk bc it was obvious we would get pushed to the next later showing- too many people waiting) then up to Figment.
My suggestion would be to go do Soarin', if you love it grab a FP on the way to Living with the Land, then head to Sum of all Thrills and Mission Space, and do Spaceship Earth on the way out. A nice, slow, air-conditioned ride after running around the park. :)

It's going to be me, dh, ds (16) and dd (12). Going on Monday, Aug 30. First time at WDW (have done DL tons). I want to plan the morning headliners and leave the afternoon free for the "anytime" rides and/or heading back to the hotel (Hilton Parc Soleil off-site). We have a 6:00 pm dinner reservation (Teppan Edo) and will then stay for Illuminations.

I would like to have a plan for Soarin, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, Sum of all Thrills and Mission Space. Would also try and fit lunch in around 11:30 (CS.)

I'd run it through the touringplans.com thing. I just said that it another thread, but that's honestly what I'd do.

If I couldn't do that, I'd do Soarin, LWTL, MS, Sum, SE, eat.

My guess is that SE would be the longest wait.

I'm done with screwing around with FP these days. Too much thinking. Too much work.

1 - Soarin
2 - Sum of All Thrills
3 - Mission Space
4 - Spaceship Earth
5 - Living with the Land

This exactly what I'm planning on doing followed by lunch as Sunshine Seasons!pixiedust:

1 - Soarin
2 - Sum of All Thrills
3 - Mission Space
4 - Spaceship Earth
5 - Living with the Land

This is exactly what I would plan for. And then as you are leaving Living with the Land, you can grab a Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons.

While I haven't been to WDW before, But that will change come October of this year. I have been to Soarin at Disneyland and I would say hit Soarin first as that is one of the best rides and it seems like it is a ride that always has big lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter