Epcot Suggestion

Malin

Mouseketeer
Visiting Florida next year in July and planning to have most of the itinerary planned out six months before we visit so we can get all the reservations confirmed well up in advance. While we won't be bothering much in the way of dining reservations. I feel it would be nice to at least give one of the Epcot Restaurants a try when we visit that Park for the day. Since Epcot is the foodie Theme Park in Orlando. I am looking at table service Restaurants to chose from and hoping for your suggestions. We're looking for decent food in a non romantic environment that features a menu which is not to adventurous for the palate. So I've already ruled out Teppan Edo and also not to fussed about Character dining...

I would say San Angel is a must. So pretty and cozy. Below is taken directly from WDW's site:

San Angel Inn restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot theme park features Mexican cuisine for lunch and dinner. Modeled after a 17th-century hacienda at the base of Mayan ruins, the restaurant serves an array of zesty specialties.

Starters and Entrees
Order one of many savory appetizers such as Tacos de Chorizo con Papas with fresh salsa verde. Move on to traditional entrees like the Mahi Mahi grilled filet with bell peppers and Spanish onions or Tacos de Ribeye doused in a chipotle pepper sauce.

Desserts
Choose from a selection of classic desserts, like flan or Chocolate Caliente y Churro.

For Guests 21 and Older
Margaritas, wine and Mexican beers are available to Guests 21 years of age or older. Try the handcrafted premium Magic Blue, Pineapple or Blood Orange drink specialties.

The Unique Ambiance
San Angel Inn simmers with romance under perpetual twilight where Mayan ruins lend an ancient ambiance. Sit near the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros attraction and watch the boats drift by as part of this intimate dining experience.
.Guest Policies

•Specialty celebration cakes are available for an additional charge and should be ordered 48 hours in advance by calling (407) 827-2253.
•This location can accommodate most special dietary needs. Advance notice may be required and cancellation fees may apply. Please indicate any special dietary need at time of reservation booking. Learn more about how we can help accommodate special dietary needs.
•This location participates in the Tables in Wonderland program. Participating restaurants are subject to change without notice

Thanks for your suggestion:)

But I did mention looking for something a bit non romantic:)

Also feel Mexican food might be a little to adventurous for what we're looking for here.

Le Cellier, its the popular restaurant in Canada. I think everyone should try it at least once.

Via Napoli is my favorite restaurant in Epcot, its over in Italy. Delicious pizza, love the atmosphere there.

Les Chefs de France is good if you like french food. Might be able to see Remy from Ratatouille.

Love Le Cellier! It's a steakhouse, so you can be as adventurous or unadventurous as you choose to be. Plus, they have pretzel bread that is to die for, so how can you go wrong?!?!

But, if you decide to eat here, be aware that ADRs fill up early.

I've heard Corral Reef is good. It's atmosphere is fun, allowing you to see the aquarium while eating, and the menu is basic fish and steak type dishes.

The Disney fan in me really wants to try Le Cellier. How difficult is it to make reservations here in the middle of July. I think likely impossible but this is my preferred choice and I would be online the moment it was made available to book.

Although I do need to consult my friend who'll be joining me and is not a fan of trying new things. In fear of eating something that's going to ruin her meal. I can see where she's coming from and I was very much like her before Disney Dining convinced me that it was ok to try new things.

Steaks are a favorite choice with us both, so Le Cellier and Corral Reef do sound good. Might give Les Chefs de France a miss purely down to the fact we are going to try and reserve a table at the Be Our Guest Restaurant during the trip. So have French cuisine already covered. We are both Brit's and I'm thinking the Rose & Crown would be more suitable for our taste. But it never seems to get a good word of mouth and is always one of the last Restaurants to be fully booked. Anyone on the board recommend it?

Oh also Via Napoli could be a possibility as who doesn't like pizza and pasta.

How about Biergarten? Definitely more of a casual party atmosphere than a romantic one and the choices are just a bit different from what you might usually be interested in (German versions of pasta and meats, for example). Rose and Crown also could work for your specificiations.

Via Napoli is my favorite restaurant in Epcot, its over in Italy. Delicious pizza, love the atmosphere there.

Les Chefs de France is good if you like french food. Might be able to see Remy from Ratatouille.

I agree with these. We LOVE both quite a lot. Id recommend Via since you indicated you wanted a restaurant with a simpler menu. Honestly they really do make the best pizza.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

It seems to be a lot of love for Via Napoli. The Disney Food Blog also suggested that particular location. I think I've narrowed it down to 5 places now. So we'll look at the menu's and review it in a few months once the 180 day window opens. If anyone else has suggestions please add. But most likely choices are Via Napoli, Rose and Crown, Corral Reef or Le Cellier. Although Chinese food is loved by us and so might add Nine Dragons.

I have a Magic Kingdom question which I feel I may as well leave up on here. The Wishes Dessert Buffet would anyone recommend ?

Les Chef's, you think French cuisine, but it's not far out French like it's partner upstairs, the Bistro. Les Chefs menu, if you enjoy more simple things would work, the shortibs over noodles is good, as is the filet and potatoes, roast chicken, creme brulee or the profiteroles. The restaurant has nice, casual setting.

Le Cellier I've always enjoyed, it's a steakhouse. They have a beer cheese soup that is different than the typical America versions, we love it! The filet, risotto, mashed potatoes, all really good! I love a good NY Strip!

Rose and Crown is also a choice to consider. They have meat & potatoes, check out their menu on allear.net. The pork, the Sunday Roast, the fish and chips. Really good and tasty, not too adventuresome!

We enjoy Via Napoli but the menu is limited. Not many pasta choices, the mushroom pizza however is outstandin as is the appetizer platter w/ aroncini, calimary etc.

My vote is for the Rose & Crown, and an 8:30 ADR would be an ideal location for viewing of Illuminations. We have dined there many times, some meals better than others but never a bad meal and the service has always been great. Great selection of beverages is always a bonus too!

Coral reef is a great place for picky eaters. The steak and chicken dishes can be served w/o sauce and with mash potato or fries.
Chefs is good too. I get the braised short ribs. The sauce is good and not weird. DH loves the steak w/o sauce. The first time he got it with and wasn't happy with it. You can also get fries here too.
Our fav is Via Napoli. The pizza is great, DS raves about the sausage it is so fresh tasting! I had the Spag and meatballs and loved it! I have a hard time deciding between the two! The Zepolle for dessert is addicting!
Rose and Crown was good too but the menu has changed and I don't see anything on it that looks plain enough for me. I had the cornish hen w/o sauce with mash potato but that is not on the menu anymore. JMO

There is a thread under reservations with lots of great wishes info. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link.

Le Cellier is a must. It has lovely food and nice setting if romantic s what you're after, the only downside is it can feel a little cramped.

My first vote is Via Napoli, food is excellent, atmosphere excellent. Have you checked out Marrakesh? Went last year with a VERY picky eater and he ended up loving the food, they will customize your meal for you, i.e. take out spice, etc. And we all enjoyed the atmosphere, belly dancing, music.
I haven't been to Le Cellier yet, visiting this in April. Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Whoever posted about the San Angel Inn must have had a very different experience than we have when we went there. Have gone there twice.

I want to preface my comments with some background information. My husband is Mexican/Cuban by decent, my mother-in-law could prepare some outstanding Mexican/Cuban cuisine in her day. I love this style of food/cooking, and I know that the Tex/Mex food from Taco Bell is not real Mexican cuisine, and that Mexican cuisine is not the same as Cuban is not the same as Spanish, and so on and so forth.

The Mexican cuisine that we had at San Angel Inn was just plain nasty. I had a chicken mole dish that was so dry, I could barely choke it down (this is something that I prepare at home at times, and have had before and I know how it should taste). The restaurant was dark (probably so you couldn't see the food), and uncomfortably crowded (didn't want to navigate the path with my then four year old son to go to the restroom). My husband's opinion of the food was the same as mine.

Since we love Mexican food, we decided to give the restaurant a second chance. This time, we brought my brother and his family (who also like Mexican food). After the second visit, I decided that the first experience wasn't just a bad day. Haven't gone back again. The menu sounds lovely, but, the food is just awful.

Another vote for Le Cellier! It's our favorite in the World Showcase! Via Napoli is good, too. We had a bad experience at Coral Reef, so I can't suggest that. Service was terrible! If you can get into Le Cellier you won't regret it!

DisneyDetective said:
Le Cellier is a must. It has lovely food and nice setting if romantic s what you're after, the only downside is it can feel a little cramped.

Remember LeCell is goin to a 2ts meal in 2013 for lunch and dinner. That also means for OOP patrons will pay more for.their meals.

Awesome feedback :)

Its always nice to get a different opinion. I showed my friend the menu tonight for the Be Our Guest Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. And even though its limited in offerings it has still manage to get a :thumbsup2 So I'm confident finding something in World Showcase will not be an issue. Le Cellier is still my preferred choice and but I know its difficult to get a reservation. So I'm pushing ahead with the other options for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter