• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Santa's/storytellers???

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
Is there a certain time the storytellers are there for each country? If so, are the times posted in the park maps? Can you get to each country and see each one? Can you take pictures with the Santa's?

I don't remember if the times were posted in the maps but they certainly were posted conspicuously in each of the country's.

As for pictures, sure you can have your picture taken with them. They really stay in character - which is a real hoot for the pre-digital-camera age Santa's. It's also great fun to offer to take pictures for couples and families - that way every can stay together in the shot, and the "santa" will even tell you either a) this good deed has taken you off his bad list, so you'll get presents instead of coal; or b) that he would put something extra in your stocking or under the tree because of your kind act; or c) he'll hand you an olde fashioned thick peppermint stick. Pretty cool eh - I wasn't expecting anything, but that's what happened to me.

From what I understand, the times of the performances are listed on the white card that is usually displayed next to the park maps at the entrance to the park. The white cards usually have a complete listing of any performance art or theater shows that will be offered during the day in the park. Mickey

When we were at Christmas time in '99 and '02 each country had a sign posted with the time for Santa or the story teller in front of the place each would be appearing. For instance there was a sign near the fountain in France fpr Papa Noel and one in front of the Tea Shoppe in the UK for Father Christmas and so on in each country.

Try this website, I think this is last years schedule but I am sure it will be the same. http://pages.net/stevesoares.christmas.html I hope this helps!

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to meet them all. I tried the link, but it wasn't working for me. I'll have to try it again later.

Originally posted by PRINCESS VIJA
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to meet them all. I tried the link, but it wasn't working for me. I'll have to try it again later.

Try this one: Epcot Christmas

Then click on "Epcot" at the top of the page, and then look to the left column (in blue) and click "holidays" at the bottom of the column and then head to the bottom of the page to "December" and click on "Christmas Entertainment".

There it will be!

hi does anyone know when the storytellers are done at epcot, we are coming in on Christmas day very late, will they still be there after Christmas? thanks........goof

Thanks for the link! I found the info and printed it.

goofy4mickey48, on the linked website with last years info it says "celebrated from the day after Thanksgiving to December 30"

So, I think you'll be safe!

:D

When we have done this before, we were able to start at either end of WS and listen to a storyteller and then move on to the next country in order to hear the next one. Sometimes we had a little time before or after to look around the country. We did start as soon as the first storyteller began.

I loved the different santas! It's one of the things I am looking most forward to with going back in December! I really liked Norway's elf/gnome Santa guy (very descriptive, I know!) - he was so funny and the children we enraptured by him. I can't wait for my daughter to see him (and the others, of course!).

Erin :D

We especially loved the German Santa as he was very much in character and told some stories and traditions from Germany that were very close to what had with my grandparents. His accent also made me think of my grandfather.

I don't believe there is a set time for them but they are out when the crowds are really out and about.

Enjoy!

Can anyone tell me if the regular entertainers are out during Christmas time or is it just the "Holidays around the world"? I have always missed the acrobats in China and the statues in Italy. I am hoping to see them this trip. I am hoping to time the storytellers just right and then ending the day with the Candlelight Processional and then Illuminations. We loved the CP last year but the Storytellers ended a day before the last CP so we missed them.

beattyfamily: Thanks for posting the correct link, not sure why the other one is not working

Originally posted by kindredspirit
beattyfamily: Thanks for posting the correct link, not sure why the other one is not working

You are very welcome...I think your link had Christmas at the end; mine didn't but it might just be that yours had 'htm' at then end with no l. I think it needed the l to work??

I wish I could answer you other question! I would LOVE to see the statues in Italy!

Thanks for the info Princess Vija, i missed that somehow!? I'm really glad we'll get to see the storytellers!! ...........goof

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter