Epcot rope drop strategy?

charminnie

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Just made my fastpasses for my trip in late May. Epcot is always frustrating since they only allow one Tier 1 fast pass. So I chose to fastpass Test Track. My question to those who have recently been, should I go straight to Soarin at park opening or should I go to Frozen? We will want to ride both. TIA

Soarin'

If you have a TT FP+, I would do the following. Rope drop Soarin', walk quickly to FEA, then FP+ TT. If you do that, you can hit all 3 within an hour, easily.

If it were me in this scenario, we'd rope drop Frozen because I have found Soarin is relatively easy to obtain as a 4th FP. It also has manageable standby wait times more often than Frozen does.

Our preference though is to rope drop Test Track (or use single rider) and FP Frozen, doing Soarin later with a 4th FP or when the waits aren't as bad. Rope dropping Frozen works fine, but its such a long walk back there from the front of the park and when you're walking at a brisk pace, its tiring! lol! People who have Akershus pre-park opening breakfasts and those entering through the International Gateway will beat you to the line, but with no FPs at that time, the wait has still been ok in our experience.

Run to Soarin. I think it gets longer wait times these days - like over an hour.

Frozen is blah. More recently, isn't it more like a 45 minute wait?

I'll let a more recent visitor correct my silly ideas.....

Run to Soarin. I think it gets longer wait times these days - like over an hour.

Its actually the opposite. The addition of the third theater at Soarin has helped to lessen the wait times, and they don't build quite as fast in the morning. Frozen is a slow loading ride and often breaks down, which can make the standby wait pretty long at times.

RD Frozen. We have gotten Soarin as a 4th + Fp easily, but not seen many Frozen FPs come up.
With 3 theaters now, even a longer line for Soarin' doesn't take too long.
Depending on crowds, you may be able to RD Frozen, then standby Soarin before your TT FP.

A couple of the bloggers have looked at this in the last year or so and determined that it's pretty much 6 of 1, half dozen of the other between FEA and Soarin. You can go to either 1 first and have a similar wait at the second. FPing TT is generally recommended because it's the ride that's down the most.

We have FPed FEA the last two years, RDed TT and then swing right over to Soarin. Generally it works fine but we ran into some funky things last year with how they opened the 3 Soarin theaters (early May they were only running 2 of them at RD and opened the 3rd 45 mins later). This year we're going to RD FEA and FP TT. We'll hit Soarin as a 4th or at the end of the evening.

Sorry to hijack the thread! I can post to the main board if i need to....Does anyone know the likelihood of getting TT for a 4th FP? We would probably FP for about 2 hours after park opening, RD Soarin and then spend some time taking in The Seas, etc before making the haul over to the other side of the park. It's been about 4 years since we've been, but i seem to recall it being quite a hike between the 3 attractions, and I don't really want to race from one to the other.

Sorry to hijack the thread! I can post to the main board if i need to....Does anyone know the likelihood of getting TT for a 4th FP? We would probably FP for about 2 hours after park opening, RD Soarin and then spend some time taking in The Seas, etc before making the haul over to the other side of the park. It's been about 4 years since we've been, but i seem to recall it being quite a hike between the 3 attractions, and I don't really want to race from one to the other.

I was there this week and on Tuesday the 26th I was able to make a 4th FP for Test Track for 4:25-5:25. I was pretty surprised, because it was relatively busy in the park that day.

They do FP drops for Soarin and TT. I saw many more available for Soarin then TT, but they were certainly there.
TT also has the single rider line which can be nice.

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like it could go either way. Honestly, I don't even care for TT, I practically live it every day on the road with my husband! :P I think my 7 year old would be the only one to get a thrill out of it. I'm not opposed to just skipping it this trip. My older 2 kids absolutely loved Soarin, and that was before the redo. I think my little guy will love it to! We'll try for FEE, but even my princess (10 y/o) is almost over Frozen, but we've never ridden it. Last time we went, it was Maelstrom! Waaahhhh.

Soarin'

If you have a TT FP+, I would do the following. Rope drop Soarin', walk quickly to FEA, then FP+ TT. If you do that, you can hit all 3 within an hour, easily.

:thumbsup2

Exactly what we did two weeks ago.

We waited through one cycle of Soarin (in order to get center section), and Frozen was still only a 20 minute wait by the time we got over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter