• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot restaurant suggestions(other than Canada, Germany or Italy)

calablovedisney

DIS Veteran
Hi. looking for some place new to try on our next trip. right now I am thinking specifically of Epcot, but if you have another suggestion I'd love to hear it.
We have eaten at Le Cellier, Biergarten, Tutto Italia and Arkersurus. We love Le Cellier and Tutto, but wondering what else we should try. We only have 4 nights for reservations and want to do Ohanas, Bomas and possibly a fantasmic package.
We are thinking of Japan, but I don't eat shrimp or steak, would I find something there?

thanks!!

Yes. Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining offer chicken and scallops as options.

You could also check out San Angel Inn, Nine Dragons, or Rose & Crown. My family liked all of these.

Teppan Edo is very good---think Benihana style food--but just a tad better and less greasy. We ate there last November and everyone (even the kids!) enjoyed the meal.

One of our "must do's" is Chefs de France. DH craves the creme brulee. In fact, I just made ADR's today for October and also booked Kouzinna, Chefs and Prime Time at Disney Studios. :hippie:

My DBF and I really enjoyed the chicken couscous at Restaurant Marrakesh. The fried rice and honey chicken at Nine Dragons were delicious as well.

I always enjoyed Restaurant Marrakesh also, and Chefs de France, can't go wrong with them. Wasn't that impressed with Rose & Crown, but I did notice a LOT of English people who were eating there, so that made me think it was traditional English food and just not to my taste. As far as the Japanese resturant, I am sure they have chicken choices on the menu, I didn't make it there this last month, but we have eaten there several times in the past. Good luck and have fun! :woohoo:

I like Garden Grill. I know the guys on the WDW Today podcast, kill this one, but we really enjoyed it. Its no longer a character meal, so it may be even easier to get an ADR now. I thought the food was really good and the desert was awsome.

I like Garden Grill. I know the guys on the WDW Today podcast, kill this one, but we really enjoyed it. Its no longer a character meal, so it may be even easier to get an ADR now. I thought the food was really good and the desert was awsome.

It's still character. I was there about 2 weeks ago and was visited by Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. And the food is delicious, the mashed potatoes are yum! :thumbsup2 It's pretty cool the way it slowly spins as well.

We loved Teppen Edo in Japan. The food and entertainment was wonderful. They have chicken and are very good about asking your food preferences, such as if you want mushrooms with the vegetables.

Les Chefs de France! They have a varied menu from which to choose and everytime we have been there the food has been superb.

We especially enjoyed:

1. Roasted breast of duck and leg confit, French green beans and sweet potato, spiced honey sauce.
2. Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese.
3. Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet wine on a bed of polenta.

All 3 of these were excellent and as an added bonus the atmosphere inside the restaurant is amazing.

Coral reef is good stuff. I'd also consider San Angel inn. I think for Mexican it's pricey but the dishes are not typical taco bell fare.

Le Chefs de France is always a must for us. We always enjoy the food, and it's definitely something we can't get at home, unlike German or Chinese or Japanese or Mexican food.

I agree on Chefs de France. I've been several times and have never had a bad experience (I included the menu items below which I have enjoyed).

1. Tarte a la flamme Alsacienne
2. Soupe a l'oignon gratinee (this is an especially delicious French onion soup)
3. Canard au miel, haricots vert et pommes de terre douce
4. Filet de saumon, ratatouille sauce Choron

As far as dessert goes, the creme brulee has been my favorite so far.

If you want more of a fun, interactive dining experience, I would suggest Teppan Edo as well. They have chicken and veggie options, too, so I wouldn't shy away just because you don't like shrimp or steak.

We love San Angel Inn in the Mexican Pavillion.

It gets a bit of a bad rap here on the boards, but I think it is due to people not understanding they aren't going to eat tex mex, but SAI serves more traditional mexican foods.

I suggest taking a look at the menu, see if anything appeals to you. Because if it does, the atmosphere can't be beat. It is so romantic and relaxing. You get the feeling you are dining on the Mexican riveria. :cloud9:

We enjoyed San Angel Inn, Nine Dragons, and Coral Reef. We'll be trying Biergarten for the first time this coming October but I was just on another thread where it got great reviews!

Coral Reef is very good. I am a picky eater but the chicken is wonderful. Plus you just can't beat the atmosphere of the aquarium.

Another vote for Teppan Edo. I don't have it on our list this trip, but only because we are eating in Epcot 3 times already! If we decide to cancel something, I'm going to try for a walk-up or ADR the day of!

As for a non-steak option, I'm pretty sure they had a chicken option at TE. I know there was an all veggie meal if that appeals to you!

Garden Grill and Coral Reef were very good when we were there last year. I know both of these get a bad rap, but we enjoyed them both so much we're going back!

Rose and Crown is a tradition of ours. Love love love this place, plus it's a great place to view Illuminations if you're there for an evening reservation.

We also really enjoy Teppan Edo. The presentation is awesome, and the food is very good.

The restaurants in Japan and France are our favourites. If you don't eat shrimp or steak, you can get chicken breast at Japan, and it's great. You could also try Les Chefs de France, in the France pavilion. Really great atmosphere and food!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter