• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot resorts

lissawynn

I drink Coke with everything.<br><font color="deep
I'm interested in hearing opinions from those who have stayed at Epcot resorts. My DH and I honeymooned at the WL in September, but we would like to stay at an Epcot hotel during our next stay (2/04).

My DW and I stayed at BC in November for the first time. Loved it! Closest resort to Epcot, so the short walk was great (we are big Epcot fans). Stormalong Bay was super and we really enjoyed visiting both Cape May Cafe & Beaches and Cream. It was fun to grab a rocker in the early morning or late evening and sit on the "back porch" (facing Boardwalk area) and "veg" for awhile. We liked the decor a lot and had a blast!

We've stayed at the Yacht Club, The Boardwalk and the Swan and Dolphin several times each and the location can't be beat!

All of the EPCOT Resorts are so convenient to both EPCOT and MGM, plus you have the Boardwalk for night time fun as well as a number of excellent restaurants within walking distance.

You'd be happy at any of them I'm sure.

We were totally spoiled by the Dolphin 2 months ago. Our 24 yr. old joined us mid-week, otherwise it was just us and we prefer MGM and Epcot. These were a comfortable walk away, with the Boardwalk shops and pubs even closer. Next trip we'll have 3 generations along so we may need a multi-bedroom suite elsewhere, but given the choice I'd stay at one of the 'Epcot Cluster' resorts anytime.

Bill From PA

d2roomview.jpg

We love the Dolphin! The location is wonderful - easy walk to either Epcot or MGM, and the Boardwalk is just a few steps away for evening entertainment!

The restaurants at the Swan/Dolphin resorts are very good too! Palio is our favorite! :D

We honeymooned at the Boardwalk and really enjoyed it. Our reasons for staying there were threefold: one, it had just recently opened, two, it was a deluxe with a theme we liked and three, the close proximity to Epcot and MGM.

My only complaint is that I thought the boat ride to MGM took forever, but maybe it was just my perception.

We'd definitely stay there again, but not until we've tried the other resorts in that area.

I have stayed at the BoardWalk Inn (in May 2000) and the Yacht Club (Dec. 2002), and loved the location of both resorts. Either is a very short walk to Epcot (the walk from the BWI is just a tad shorter). Plus, it's really nice to be able to visit the other Epcot resorts so easily to dine there and see all the entertainment on the BoardWalk. I thoroughly enjoyed each resort and would stay at either one again in a heartbeat. The BoardWalk has a little more fast-paced, entertainment oriented atmosphere, and the Yacht Club is a little more relaxed and reserved. Hope this helps! :)

Personal favorite: BoardWalk--excellent services and theme, boardwalk night activiities right at your fingertips (I prefer this resort to any on site), ESPN Club is a good place for sports lovers and for short order dinners, Flying Fish is excellent seafood restaurant, there are two other rerstaurants, a night club, and a dance hall.

BC/YC: these have the best pool on site, Stormalong Bay, which is actually a mini-waterpark and it has a sand bottom. Also here is one of my favorite buffet restaurants for dinner, Cape May (on the BC side; BW does not have a buffet restaurant), which has a seafood buffet (and lots for those that don't care for seafood); YC also has an excellent steak restaurant in the Yachtsmen's Steakhouse. Either side (YC or BC) is a good choice.

Swan/Dolphin: not run by Disney; they are part of the Starwood group (includes Westin); missing some of the Disney touches but don't let that discourage you. Two well run deluxe hotels and a very good pool. Palios is an excellent Italian restaurant. S/D has many discount programs applicable to groups -- like teachers, government employees, annual passholders, nurses--and if you are part of one those groups you can get very good rates even when Disney is not discounting the other Epcot resorts. Note, many rooms do not have balconies.

All are within walking distance of each other and EPCOt and MGM.

I appreciate all the information from those of you who have stayed at the Epcot resorts, and I can't wait to hear from more of you! My husband enjoyed Epcot the most on our honeymoon. While staying at the WL, we found the need to constantly be on a bus a bit of a disadvantage. For our next trip we would much prefer to be close to Epcot and MGM(my second favorite park).

I highly recommend the Epcot resorts. I honeymooned at the BC, and at the time the BW was being built. I have been back twice, both times stayed at BWI. I'm leaving in 23 days and going back to BWI.
The resorts are very convenient to almost anything you could need. A short walk or boat ride to Epcot, a longer walk or boat ride to MGM, and the bus rides to other parks are not that bad.
I have wanted to try other resorts, but my DH (who thinks we're made of money!) likes the Deluxe resorts with a water view and he will only stay in the Epcot area.
My only disappointment with BW is that there is no actual restaurant inside the resort, as there is Cape May Cafe in BC. On our first trip to BW, we ate at Spoodles each morning for the breakfast buffet. Last year when I was there, they discontinued the breakfast buffet, which we both enjoy. After the second day, we ended up going to Cape May Cafe every day for breakfast.
The pool at BC/YC is the best! Natural sand and all -
As long as we can continue to afford it, we will always stay at an Epcot resort.
You really can't go wrong with any that you might pick, it all depends on which atmosphere you like the best.

The Yacht Club is the most beautiful resort at WDW (in my opinion). :) It is elegant, but casual, and recently renovated. A perfect place to stay if you love Epcot and MGM. :)

My second choice would be the BWI. I love this resort, it's VERY romantic, but not quite as nice as the YC.

Have fun planning! :)

We stayed at the Dolphin in May and are at the YC as I type this. Both are excellent choices, but if the cost were the same I'd pick the YC.

We have stayed at the Swan twice and love the EPCOT resort area. It is SO close to so many things - EPCOT, MGM, Boardwalk, other resorts. You will love it!

My husband and I loved the CBR. We stayed there for our honeymoon. Request Aruba...it has the longest beach and is more adult oriented than the others. We were also able to see the fireworks from Epcot. It may be a longer walk to the food court, but who cares, the ambiance is wonderful. If our budget allowed it we would be staying there in November. I have stayed at the CBR 3 times now out of the last 6 years. It just gives you the carribbean atmosphere, including the Disney atmosphere. Cannot say enough about it!! Since the construction, you can now walk to MGM and Epcot from the CBR. Give it a try!!!!
:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Epcot resorts, but our favorite is the Beach Club. Just love the themeing and atmosphere of this resort.

I am going to echo everyone else's opinion here. The Epcot resorts, particularly YC/BC cannot be beat for their location and selection of eateries within walking distance. You also have the added advantage of the Boardwalk entertainment complex with Atlantic Dance, ESPN Club, and the dueling piano bar.

You can walk, yes walk, to both Epcot and MGM from any of the Epcot resorts. And if you are lucky enough to obtain a view of Crescent lake from your room, you won't be disappointed!

My DW and I honeymooned at YC in 98, and we are headed back this December for BCV.

I'd say take your pick, and then sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself.

From Michele Rossi:

"Since the construction, you can now walk to MGM and Epcot from the CBR. Give it a try!!!!"

Is this correct? First I heard of it. What did they build so you can walk to MGM and Epcot? (Particularly Epcot, which is 1 1/2 miles away and on the other side of a 6 lane highway.)

We like to stay at different resorts, but we are now addicted to the Epcot resorts.

We stayed at YC in June 2001 and fell in love. We bought into DVC at BCV. We stayed at BC in December 2002. We could leave our room walk to Epcot and be inside Epcot in less than 5 minutes!! It can't be beat.

We used the bus to go to MK and had great service. We drove to MGM and were parked in less than 10 minutes!

Give one of the resorts a try. We will love it.

By the way, WL was my favorite resort until I stayed at YC
;)

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
The Yacht Club is the most beautiful resort at WDW (in my opinion). :) It is elegant, but casual, and recently renovated. A perfect place to stay if you love Epcot and MGM. :)

TigrLvsPooh summed it up perfectly!! The YC is our favorite resort, and I can't wait to see the newly renovated rooms myself! The pictures look wonderful. The location can't be beat, and Stormalong Bay is IMHO, the best pool at Disney. :):D:)

:sunny: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We really enjoy the BC. Its a great location for Epcot and MGM. It has the best pool. It's a great place overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter