EPCOT resorts: Beach, Yacht or Boardwalk??

pirate33

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I'm planning a 3-night visit on my own as part of a business trip in late October. I've never stayed in the EPCOT area resorts. Thoughts on which is best for this trip?

I will be getting a view room at whichever resort and staying on the hotel side, not DVC. Boardwalk water view seems to get points for interest; Beach Club has apparently just been renovated. Any reason to prefer Yacht Club? I likely won't use Stormalong Bay but would like to check it out for a future family trip. I can't keep track of which rooms have been renovated where so any tips appreciated!

(I've stayed at Swan/Dolphin before and while there is a lot to say for that property, I want to try one of the Disney resorts.)

I think any of those 3 would work. If you aren't going to use Stormalong Bay (gasp!), I don't think it matters much. We liked the Boardwalk views - ours was of the waterway to HS. No matter where you stay you can still walk right by SAB to check it out. All the food at the Boardwalk is actually out ON the boardwalk if that matters to you.

The best part? Food & Wine is right down the walking path, or just a quick boat ride away!!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOY!

My parents only stay at beach club and their trip is usually all about resturants in epcot. They love being able to walk into the back where the food is.

check out the 2015 Beach & Yacht Club link for all KINDS of info. I'll be staying at BC next month. They are just finishing renovations on the 1st floor now, the rest is complete.

I LOVE Yacht Club! I chose that over BC because I like the ambience of YC more, and there seemed to be fewer rowdy families on the YC side; it has a more "adult" feel to me.

I've always wanted to stay at Boardwalk, but my enormous, irrational fear of clowns has prevented me thus far :scared1:

You really can't go wrong at any of the Boardwalk-area resorts!

I've stayed solo at all 3 and you really can't go wrong with any, if I had to choose my favorite it would be BWI very closely followed by the BC and YC third.

We had a water view room w/balcony at BC and loved it! The pool is a lot of fun and there are quieter areas you can swim without a lot of kids around.

Any reason to prefer Yacht Club?

Yacht Club has a more adult feel to it. Balconies/patios are important to me and at Beach Club you only have a 50/50 shot of getting one and requesting one isn't a guarantee of receiving one. It is also better for Disney transportation in comparison to the Beach Club. It is closer to the boat dock and it is the first stop for the buses. Yacht Club hasn't been remodeled yet, but I would say it looks more "lived in" than run down. It is one of my favorite resorts.

Another vote for YC, mostly because all rooms have a full balcony. BC only has full balcony/patio on first & second floor, the rest have a small one person standing balcony (except club level). All rooms at BW have full balcony, but the way the building is arranged, I have almost gotten lost winding my way back and forth to the room at times.

Boardwalk for sure. Stayed BC a couple of years ago & worst stay onsite in 25+ years. We just were at BWI for F&G in April & it was great.

Another vote for BWI--I absolutely loved it for convenience and we had a really great room. I also did not like BC when I was there also a couple of years ago--it was a big room, but really worn and the resort is really long--the BWI seemed more compact and I liked being next to the Boardwalk and the walkway to the HS and right near the International Gateway.

The Yacht club tends to be a quieter, from a family perspective. There is a little nice Bar in the lobby that is mostly used by business people attending conferences at Disney.

I've stayed at Beach Club and Boardwalk numerous times but never Yacht. My favorite from the places I've stayed I would have to say Beach Club. In any event, I'm sure whatever your choice will be you will enjoy it.

I agree that Yacht club seems to be the most "adult" of the 3 resorts. I've run into more than one family who were staying at the Yacht Club who've felt it wasn't as "child-friendly" as other WDW resorts. If you MIGHT do a character meal solo, Cape May Cafe at the BC is a great one for solos. Because of the convention trade, there'll be several other solos there for breakfast, simply because it's one of the few TS breakfast offerings in the area. Even though YC is more "adult", I prefer BC for my solo trips. The atmosphere there just seems more casual/laid back.

love the BC - so if you are going to Epcot mostly definitely go with BC.

if you are going to mostly studio (DHS) - then BWI

if you are not going to any WDW parks - then BC - it has a bunch of things to do - including a garden tour (or they did)

Have stayed at all 3 and with the kids it was BC/YC for SAB. Without, we definitely prefer BWI. I just like the vibe better on that side of the lake.

Have stayed at all 3 and with the kids it was BC/YC for SAB. Without, we definitely prefer BWI. I just like the vibe better on that side of the lake.

What Land Shark said. We weren't interested in the pool so BWI was our choice too.

We prefer YC because of the balconies. We could only book Boardwalk this time and was told some rooms have balconies. We like to enjoy a glass of wine overlooking the lake at the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter