• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot reservations - thoughts?

Herbord3

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we are going to do a few days of dining reservations and I have a lot reserved, so I'm going to post different threads and would like to know your thoughts on Epcot.
Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Thanks!

I can only speak to Garden Grill. We had a PPO last month...We were able to walk right on to Soarin' after a fun breakfast. Characters were great and our server was friendly and helpful- had us pay early so we could head to Soarin' as soon as we were ready. While the "family service" food isn't as varied as a breakfast buffet (We are CP fans), it was VERY plentiful and we all enjoyed the meal. The giant cinnamon roll was a hit and I loved the big bowl of fresh fruit.

I agree with PP about GG breakfast. It's our favorite character meal on property! Love the location, food, and character interaction. And if you can get PPO, it's great to walk right on to Soarin.

I had a PPO Garden Grill and it was amazing being one of the first into the park. We got to walk on a bunch of rides with no waits after finishing our breakfast. I really like the food at Le Cellier, the filet mignon and cheese soup are fantastic. The space is very cramped though, they squeeze the tables as close as they possibly can. It was the only downside for me that I felt like I was a part of the neighboring tables conversations. Via Napoli I had a bad experience the last time I went. It took forever for us to get our food and our waitress was nonexistent. The pizza tasted good though. It can get really noisy in this restaurant.

I have never eaten at Le Cellier, so I can't comment. But we are just back and loved Garden Grill. The character interaction was one of the best of the trip and the cinnamon roll was awesome. If you get a PPO you can walk right on to Soarin multiple times. We also ate at Via Napoli. The food good. The rice balls were excellent! The pizza has great taste, I just prefer crunchy pizza and theirs was chewy. However, lunch took over two hours. The waiter was very nice, it just seems that everything moves slow there.

Of those three, Garden Grill would be for me.

LeCellier is stupid expensive and Via Napoli is also pretty pricey for what you get.

That said, I can get pizza within steps of my home that I would put up against Via Napoli’s or pretty much any place in the world including those in Italy, and it’s $9.90 Monday through Thursday. So VN is def not for me.

We love Garden Grill but I would recommend you try all of your choices and determine their worth. For example I refer to Le Cellier as a legend in its own mind. I remember when the food was so good you did not mind the cramped space and less that polite staff. With it costing so much now and the quality having gone down I skip it, if I want a good steak there is Yachtsman or Shula's or my favorite restaurant Jiko.

We have always enjoyed Le Cellier and never missed it until I planned this trip. I decided that Yachtsman is a better use of 2 credits for our dining plan credits and is just a short boat ride or walk away from the back gate of the park. Not sure if you are using the dining plan or paying OOP. It is more expensive.

We decided to eat at Le Cellier after originally planning another restaurant. We are eating again there this year! The mussels were so good! My steak was cooked exactly the way we wanted it to be. It is cramped, but the food made up for it.

We absolutely love Via Napoli, our whole family can agree on it and we always have a great meal there. Had a horrendous service experience at Garden Grill about two years ago and haven't gone back(food was just so-so). Le Cellier is on my must-do list- I can't believe I haven't tried it yet! I hope you have a great trip, no matter what you decide!

Enjoyed our breakfast at Garden Grill
Love Via Napoli
Enjoyed eating at Le Cellier, but we have only been there once.
These all seem like great choices.

Looks like a good plan.
We generally avoid Le Cellier as it is loud, crowded and we have very good Steak Houses around us. For us, there are more interesting restaurants in EPCOT.

Hi everyone, we are going to do a few days of dining reservations and I have a lot reserved, so I'm going to post different threads and would like to know your thoughts on Epcot.
Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Thanks!

Le Cellier is okay.. I would say it hasn’t met our expectations the last two times we’ve been there. (We usually get the filets and split an appetizer.) The food tastes good and all, service is usually good. It just hasn’t been memorable.

Via Napoli has a fun atmosphere. We didn’t care for the pizza though, pizza was almost mushy. (The crust wasn’t crispy and it kinda fell apart as you tried to eat it.) We haven’t been back since, we prefer to use our Epcot Dining days elsewhere.

We usually book San Angel Inn. They have good food and we love the atmosphere.

Of those on your list, we've only done Garden Grill breakfast. It was excellent!

Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli
Le Cellier
Thanks!

We have only done Le Cellier and it okay IMO. If you are a big steak eater, go for it, otherwise the food is not worthy of a signature dining classification. I would also say it's devoid of unique, Disney theming or atmosphere. The gardens in the Canada pavilion are beautiful but once you get into the restaurant, it's nothing special. I would do La Hacienda or San Angel before I do Le Cellier again.

Le Cellier is okay.. I would say it hasn’t met our expectations the last two times we’ve been there. (We usually get the filets and split an appetizer.) The food tastes good and all, service is usually good. It just hasn’t been memorable.

Via Napoli has a fun atmosphere. We didn’t care for the pizza though, pizza was almost mushy. (The crust wasn’t crispy and it kinda fell apart as you tried to eat it.) We haven’t been back since, we prefer to use our Epcot Dining days elsewhere.

We usually book San Angel Inn. They have good food and we love the atmosphere.

I totally agree with you about Le Cellier, it's just blah. Not bad but not great. The theming is just plain and for what you're paying for, I feel like it has no over the top disney theming or anything that makes it anymore special than your local Ruth Chris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter