EPCOT PS timing question

debbie fields

Earning My Ears
Good morning, all!

We are planning on doing a PS at Alfredo's for dinner on December 1, but would like to see the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony before dinner that night. I seem to remember the Lighting happens at 6 pm. Anyone know how long the show is? Could we make a 7 pm PS? Enough time to walk halfway around WS? Seeing Illuminations that evening is not an issue, as we will hopefully see it the night we arrive, 11/26.

TIA, all! :D

The show is about 20 mins long. Just be sure that you view the tree-lighting from the "Italy" side. In fact, your best bet would be to stand near the walkway that goes to the old Odyssey Restaurant. After the tree lighting, you can by-pass the massive crowd, cut across past Odyssey to Mexico, and then head on to Italy.

:earsboy:

Actually, the tree lighting has started before 6 pm in the past, maybe 5 to 10 minutes at the most. It lasts about 15 minutes, which would give you more than enough time to walk around to Italy by 7 pm. It's always good to arrive early for your priority seating. Sometimes, you can get seated even earlier. We've witnessed the tree lighting ceremony and made it around to the Candlelight Processional at the American Gardens Theater by 6:45 pm, so I know you can make it to Italy.

Thanks for your help, guys! I'll be making my PS this Thursday - exactly 90 days out! And my CP PS, too! Cannot wait til Nov woo hoo!

You may also want to consider taking one of the Friendships over. I believe the one on the left hand side will drop you off between Italy and America.

Good idea, MelanieC! I almost forgot about those boats!

And it'll give the tired feet a rest - momentarily, anyways!

I believe the friendship boats cease operation at dusk.

Keep in mind there will be a CRUSH of people leaving the tree-lighting and it will be hard to get to the boats unless you stand behind the tree for the ceremony, and what's the sense in that?

Also, a lot of people will have that same idea -- head for the boats. You'll get to Italy a lot more quickly if you walk.

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter