• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot planners needed

ksueboo

Mouseketeer
I am having trouble thinking through how to plan out the Epcot day. Here are the facts.
June 8
party of 6 (4 kids, youngest is 9, all are adventure seekers)
off-site so we schedule FP+ next week
Assuming Soarin will not be open for FP+ even if they open the old movie temporarily
Assuming Frozen EA will not be open or FP+ will already by taken. :P
No dining reservations to work around.
We are Rope Drop people.

Must do's...
Test Track
Living With the Land
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space (either version)
Pixar Movie
Sum of All Thrills? (We have never done this)
Joy/Sadness
Voices of Liberty
Three Caballeros (don't judge, we love this silly little ride)

What do we Rope drop? What do I FP+? Am I missing a "Must do?"
Any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Rope Drop would be something like Sum of All Thrills, which doesn't have FP + and can get 30 to 40 minutes waits after the first hour. Fp + would be Test track (saves the most time) and Spaceship Earth. You don't need FP + For the rest of the above attractions or they don't have them (Joy/Sadness and Three Caballeros for examples). I would do Lunch at some place like the F and G Kiosks in World Showcase. Don't forget that many Future world attractions close at 7 PM especially with Soarin not opened.

I will actually be at Epcot the day after you. With Soarin' being closed on that day, everyone is going to go straight to Test Track. I witnessed this on my trip over Spring Break. I guarantee that Fastpass is already taken for Test Track for the day (I haven't looked, but it is on the day I'm going). I would go straight to Test Track and then after do Sum of all Thrills. Living with the Land hasn't seen the line waits it used to since Soarin' has been down, so that should be a pretty short wait (maybe 25 minutes). 25 minutes is short for me, because I'm used to Disneyland wait times. Now I am a singer/musician and the Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing in all of Epcot. I can literally sit in the American Adventure for 4 hours and listen to them over and over again. I usually do this in the middle of the day where it's hot and I don't want to be outside walking around. The Voices of Liberty should never be missed at Epcot, but plan this for the middle of the day so you can get out of the sun and enjoy some air conditioning. I would get fast passes for Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. Here is an idea of the schedule I have formed for my day at Epcot that has most of the things on here that you are looking at doing.

June 9th: EPCOT – 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.

· Park open: Run to TEST TRACK!

· FASTPASS: Spaceship Earth – 9:15 a.m.-10:15 a.m.

· Ride: Sum of All Thrills

· FASTPASS: Mission Space – 10:15 a.m.-11:15 a.m.

· Ride: Gran Fiesta Tour, Reflections of China

· Lunch

· Voices of Liberty: 2:00 p.m???

· Voices of Liberty: 2:45 p.m.

· Voices of Liberty: 3:30 p.m.

· American Adventure: 3:45 p.m.

· FASTPASS: Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot – 4:10 p.m.-5:10 p.m.

· Dinner

· Ride: Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination, Seas with Nemo and Friends, O’ Canada.

· Illuminations: 9:00 p.m.

I will actually be at Epcot the day after you. With Soarin' being closed on that day, everyone is going to go straight to Test Track. I witnessed this on my trip over Spring Break. I guarantee that Fastpass is already taken for Test Track for the day (I haven't looked, but it is on the day I'm going). I would go straight to Test Track and then after do Sum of all Thrills. Living with the Land hasn't seen the line waits it used to since Soarin' has been down, so that should be a pretty short wait (maybe 25 minutes). 25 minutes is short for me, because I'm used to Disneyland wait times. Now I am a singer/musician and the Voices of Liberty are my favorite thing in all of Epcot. I can literally sit in the American Adventure for 4 hours and listen to them over and over again. I usually do this in the middle of the day where it's hot and I don't want to be outside walking around. The Voices of Liberty should never be missed at Epcot, but plan this for the middle of the day so you can get out of the sun and enjoy some air conditioning. I would get fast passes for Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. Here is an idea of the schedule I have formed for my day at Epcot that has most of the things on here that you are looking at doing.

· Lunch

· Dinner

· Ride: Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination, Seas with Nemo and Friends, O’ Canada.

A Music Life for Me - Are you considering applying to Disney for a musical position?

· Lunch

· Dinner

We LOVE Voices of Liberty! Although, we have never stayed to listen to more than 1 in a row? Are the songs usually different in consecutive performances?
Thanks for the tips. We were not able to get TT for that day so we are planning on running to it at rope drop with everyone else. I guess Sum of all Thrills will be next. I will sit while my family does that one. Thanks for the tips!
Hoping for a surprise soft opening of Frozen still but it doesn't make or break our trip.

We LOVE Voices of Liberty! Although, we have never stayed to listen to more than 1 in a row? Are the songs usually different in consecutive performances?
Thanks for the tips. We were not able to get TT for that day so we are planning on running to it at rope drop with everyone else. I guess Sum of all Thrills will be next. I will sit while my family does that one. Thanks for the tips!
Hoping for a surprise soft opening of Frozen still but it doesn't make or break our trip.

The Voices of Liberty will usually do different songs. They will most likely end up doing "Oh, Susanna" again multiple times, but other than that, their beginning and ending songs usually rotate. Their blend is just incredible, so I don't mind if they repeat or not. Also, there is usually about 30 minutes between each show, so if you didn't want to stay at the American Adventure, you would have enough time to go visit Italy, Japan, or Morocco possibly before their next performance...I personally don't know what the Sum of All Thrills will be like at that time, but it should be shorter than at any other point during the day...I would love to see a soft opening for Frozen. I just don't know if that will happen, because they still haven't announced an opening date. I can assume our chances are greater for Soarin, but that is still more than a week out.

· Lunch

· Dinner

Pretty Solid!

Don't forget for your 9 yo Agent P. That was a very fun activity for my 9 granddaughter when we last went to EPCOT. She spent a lot of time exp;oring the different countries in WS. She got to see things that you normally don't see. She had a lot a fun

Don't forget for your 9 yo Agent P. That was a very fun activity for my 9 granddaughter when we last went to EPCOT. She spent a lot of time exp;oring the different countries in WS. She got to see things that you normally don't see. She had a lot a fun

This is a hit with our grandkids also.

And an even bigger hit with them is Club Cool (sample free soft drinks from around the world).

Must do's...
Test Track
Living With the Land
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space (either version)
Pixar Movie
Sum of All Thrills? (We have never done this)
Joy/Sadness
Voices of Liberty
Three Caballeros (don't judge, we love this silly little ride)

I would definitely do Sum of All Thrills on this trip since the Dis Daily Fix said yesterday that this attraction can be closing as of June 30th as it is now not listed on the map. It can potentially be closed now. I have no idea. I'm just going by what they said.

Dumb question but what's sum of all thrills? Thanks
Sum of All Thrills is a rollercoaster making simulator inside Innoventions at Epcot. You can make your own rollercoaster and then you get to ride it by sitting inside a simulator. You can also make a bobsled or an airplane route as well I believe. Look at my post above to hear the rumor regarding this attraction possibly closing.

I would definitely do Sum of All Thrills on this trip since the Dis Daily Fix said yesterday that this attraction can be closing as of June 30th as it is now not listed on the map. It can potentially be closed now. I have no idea. I'm just going by what they said.

Oh wow. Good to know!

Assuming Soarin will not be open for FP+ even if they open the old movie temporarily
There is one more thing I would like to point out. I'm not sure if you saw, but the original Soarin' film will be opening up. If you want to get a fastpass for Soarin, you can starting tomorrow morning. I think you mentioned that all of the Tier 1 attractions might have been taken by the time you started getting your fastpass selections. This would be a great Tier 1 to get.

There is one more thing I would like to point out. I'm not sure if you saw, but the original Soarin' film will be opening up. If you want to get a fastpass for Soarin, you can starting tomorrow morning. I think you mentioned that all of the Tier 1 attractions might have been taken by the time you started getting your fastpass selections. This would be a great Tier 1 to get.
I saw that too! Thank you, this is why I love the DISboards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter