Epcot Pearls...? Anyone?

IWasBornToLoveDisney

DIS Veteran
ok i recently read about some pearl thing in japan at epcot... it sounds like a lot of fun... :)

if any, and i mean ANY of you know any thing, please please please please tell me!!!!!!!

my trip is in 8 days and i think this would be awesome!!!! :woohoo:

please help me out fast so that i can start planning this!!! :thumbsup2

thanks in advance!!!

you can buy an oyster and it will have a peral in it and you can make it a pice of jewlrey

I love these! My sister and I got two each on our last trip. You get to pock the pearl that you want for like $15. They open it in front of you, clean it and then measure it. They tell you if it is rare or anything like that. If you get a really big pearl, they bang on the little drum which causes quite a bit of noise. :) You can then keep your pearl or you can set it into jewelry. My sister and I both got a ring and necklace. Unfortunately, the pearl fell off of her ring which was kind of sad. Just be sure not to do it on the last day of your trip because you most always have to pick it up the next day. Have fun on your trip and good luck with your pearls! You may even get two in one oyster!

During my 2003 trip, my sister got a pearl. It was cool; she got the biggest one of the day AND the biggest one of the week.

i was just wondering how much they are? i really want to get one next time we go to wdw.

To open the oyster it is about $15(or it was last year.) It depends on what kind of setting you get for your jewelry as to how much it costs. I think that mine and my sisters cost about $45 each for the pearl and necklace.

I really want to do this, but I don't really want to spend so much money to get the pearl set.

Maybe I'll just get the pearl, then when I get home find something pretty to keep it in.

They have cheap settings, as well as expensive ones. I picked one during both of my most recent trips I now have two necklace setting on one chain (I'm starting a collection, one every trip). The first setting was a bit expensive ($15 for the pearl, $20 for the setting, and $10 for the chain, but dad paid for it). But my most recent one was $15 for the pearl and $12 for the setting because I didn't need a new chain. It isn't all that expensive, it just depends on what you get it set into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter