epcot opening?

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Sorry out of the loop. Does all of epcot open now at opening or is it still world showcase later? If its later what about Ratatouille?
Thanks, :cutie:

Thanks for asking. I was confused about this, too, after seeing comments about crowds being held just after France.
It's possible some of these comments, if recent, talk of crowds being held before the park actually opens. Guests eligible for ETPE can access Remy until 9AM but cannot go further until the park opens to all guests.

Just a guess but possibly what is happening, especially for guests who are towards the front of the line for Remy.

While all of Epcot might be open, there are some places that don't open until 11 or noon. Like food stands. We had a hard time finding ice cream in the world showcase before noon in 2022, had to go to an ice cream stand near the land.

Was just Really frustrated to learn this week (Dec 2023} “most” of the World Showcase is NOT open until 11. Rat and Frozen rides are open but all that walking past closed stuff was irritating - zero ambiance. - Rope Drop / Early Entry from International Gateway seemed over rated. No opening music or announcement. Note that a Lot of things, even rides, are also closed for Extended Hours. Hopefully, you can find a list and plan ahead.

Last edited:

It's possible some of these comments, if recent, talk of crowds being held before the park actually opens. Guests eligible for ETPE can access Remy until 9AM but cannot go further until the park opens to all guests.

Just a guess but possibly what is happening, especially for guests who are towards the front of the line for Remy.
Things must have changed since I was there last year because I walked all thru World Showcase during ETPE one day last year. It was my last day at Epcot, but I'd ridden Remy twice on other days. Hoped the French Bakery was open for breakfast, but it wasn't so I just kept walking past Japan, Morrocco, etc. and no one stopped me. It was a very odd feeling that WS was empty. The only photo I have is from the QS up on the hill in Japan.

Attachments

• tempImageIn8ABm.png
    tempImageIn8ABm.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Things must have changed since I was there last year because I walked all thru World Showcase during ETPE one day last year. It was my last day at Epcot, but I'd ridden Remy twice on other days. Hoped the French Bakery was open for breakfast, but it wasn't so I just kept walking past Japan, Morrocco, etc. and no one stopped me. It was a very odd feeling that WS was empty. The only photo I have is from the QS up on the hill in Japan.
It is open to walk through and a neat experience when it’s quieter. I think previous poster thought everything would be open (shops, food, etc) but that has never been the case with World Showcase.

Like you, I enjoy walking through before the crowds arrive.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter