Epcot on New Year's Eve

ShannonRT

DIS Veteran
New Year's Eve will be nuts. We know that. Our plan is to arrive around 10:30 and tour the resorts (Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Clubs) and then stay in the park until the midnight countdown. So my idea is to maybe park at the Studios and take the friendship boat over and enter through the international gateway, so that maybe we can find a spot near there for the fireworks and afterwards, we can exit there and head back over to the Studios to the car and avoid the max exodus through Future World. What do you guys think? Would it save us any time (and sanity) or no?

New Year's Eve will be nuts. We know that. Our plan is to arrive around 10:30 and tour the resorts (Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Clubs) and then stay in the park until the midnight countdown. So my idea is to maybe park at the Studios and take the friendship boat over and enter through the international gateway, so that maybe we can find a spot near there for the fireworks and afterwards, we can exit there and head back over to the Studios to the car and avoid the max exodus through Future World. What do you guys think? Would it save us any time (and sanity) or no?

I think that entry/exit plan is the best plan. I was there for NYE a million years ago, and it was sooooooooooooooo packed. I don't even remember the fireworks, just the crowds....

Are you staying at a Disney resort? If you are, I would plan to take the bus. Just hang back and let the mass exodus happen.

I don't know. HS has NYE events too. And their entrance/exit is horrid. I'm not sure I'd want to be in the traffic there vs. the traffic at Epcot quite honestly. I'm thinking you are facing 6 of one and half dozen of the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter