• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot on January 4th

canadiancruisers

Mouseketeer
I'm confused. We are at WDW for just two days per Disney Cruise. We are staying at the Poly and have decided to make one day a resort day with a visit to downtown Disney. Our only park day is Jan 4th. I had hoped to fit in the MK in the morning and afternoon and head over to Epcot for the evening with a ADR for Biergarten. It is extra magic hours that evening at Epcot. One touring website sys Epcot is a best park and another says avoid it. What do you think of my plan? Do evening EMH make the park less doable? We did love Epcot last time. We were in DL in June so did quite a bit of MK type rides

Also, we won't hit AK at all (and didn't last time). Should I rethink that? No desire to go back to HS EXCEPT perhaps to try to sneak in for a quick afternoon stop before

Epcot for the sole purpose of hitting Star Tours. We love that ride At DL.

As I type this post I realize I have more questions than I thought. Do you think my MK / Epcotplan makes sense on Jan 4th? Yes or no to Star Tours detour and lastly, how silly am I not to fit AK in at all?

What do you hope to get done on that day? Do you want to ride a lot of rides, or is it more about atmosphere and strolling through world showcase? Epcot seems to absorb people better than most parks, so it might not be an issue. You will see an increase in people with the emh though- are you eligible for emh? Have you thought about doing Epcot in the am and hopping to mk? It really depends on what you hope to get done in each park...

Oops- missed that you we staying at the poly, so since you'll be emh eligible, it may even be a good way to fit in more things in a short trip...

Thanks! Yes, my plan is to do the EMH at Epcot. I think I will stick with this plan (and Maybe Star Tours) unless anyone thinks AK is too good to miss? We are from Alberta Canada (West) so are more likely to get to DL in the next couple years. The trip to WDW is piggy backing on a Disney Cruise. I'm not sure I will convince my DH of a third being needed any time soon!

Star Tours is at the Disney Hollywood Studios.

You could do Star Tours at DHS and then head over to EPCOT via the boat. Also, the Osborne Family Festival of Dancing Lights will still be on display at DHS so you might want to catch that before heading over.

We'll be at the World starting 1/5 and plan on doing that as well as catching the castle dream lights at Magic Kingdom.

Enjoy! :santa:

Star Tours is at the Disney Hollywood Studios.

You could do Star Tours at DHS and then head over to EPCOT via the boat. Also, the Osborne Family Festival of Dancing Lights will still be on display at DHS so you might want to catch that before heading over.

We'll be at the World starting 1/5 and plan on doing that as well as catching the castle dream lights at Magic Kingdom.

Enjoy! :santa:

The Osborne Lights can only be seen at night and the OP has a dinner ADR at Biergarten, although if it's a fairly early dinner, they could eat, go to HS and check out the lights, then go back to Epcot for EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter