Epcot needs...

Who else think Epcot needs a new show or attraction?
I think it needs two more countries (next to Mexico and Germany) and 5 more attractions -- two in the Imagination pavilion, two in the Wonders of Life pavilion, and another one in the Innoventions buildings.

Last edited:
I think it needs two more countries (next to Mexico and Germany) and 5 more attractions -- two in the Imagination pavilion, two in the Wonders of Life pavilion, and another one in the Innovations buildings.
One new attraction can be at the France Pavellion which stars characters from Pixar's Rataouille and a new show starring the kittens froim The Arisotcats (Marie,Toulouse, and Berlioz) which teaches people about the art and music of France. Marie and Berlioz teaches you about music while Toulouse teaches you about art in France and its famous painters. He can also be seen painting various Disney characters. This coulkd also make Toulouse and Berlioz become meet and greet characters at Disney World. Meanwhile Soar in coiukd be rethemed after The Rescuers and you are guided by Ms Bianca and Bernard on a new rescue missioin .

I think it needs two more countries (next to Mexico and Germany) and 5 more attractions -- two in the Imagination pavilion, two in the Wonders of Life pavilion, and another one in the Innovations buildings.

I agree that they need to put in a couple of new countries. Which would be your choices? I'm leaning towards Brazil and Australia. Think about it - there are no countries in Epcot from the southern hemisphere and Australia and South America are the only continents that are not represented (not counting Antarctica obviously).

Well they are re-doing Norway...though obviously some don't see that as improvement...so that will be a "new" ride.

And they are building another Soarin' theater and I think changing the film? Not sure on the film.

BUt yeah...something exciting in the Imagination area or using the old Oddysey building would be great. Maybe when they are done with Avatarland, the new River of Lights show build out at AK, the TSMM expansion and the (hopefully) DHS expansion they will turn the eye toward Epcot.

Why do you hate Soarin'? Not being judgemental, just curious.

Something is off with the screen or the movie itself, it shakes and is a bit blurry. I also feel like they should chAnge the scenery or adventure so you are not having the same one everytime.

I'm just not a fan of it since it opened. I thought it would be better than what was presented.

Oh my god.

Now you are talking. Are you me? Are we the same? Perfection.
I think we are, the queue have the viewers shrunk to the size of a mouse and it takes place at the Rescue Aid Society complete with a preshow starring the leader of the rescue aid society explaining what they are about to rescue with Ms. Bianca and Bernard telling you what your role will be in the ride. With Ms. Bianca giving instructions for your safety and to put some of your belonging under the ride vehicle. The idea makes sense since Epcot places the soundtrack for "Rescuers Down Under".

We should start a petition or something. This has to be real.
We should, but we will have to wait a few years until Soarin ever gets replaced with a new attraction. While I don't hate Soarin, I do find it enjoyable its not the most interesting attraction in Epcot. Maybe if it ever becomes real, then the attraction might get people back into the first two Rescuers films. It could also count as a continuation after the second film ended.

I think Disney needs to find a way to still utilize Walt's vision. Epcot is dated, but every park gets a little more dated every year. But most people usually excuse the fact that a ride or attraction is dated due to the fact that it's still entertaining. Therefore, everybody wins. I think despite some things being dated in Epcot, most people still enjoy the park. But then just me calling it a park sounds a little odd, because we're not just talking about some park, we're talking about Epcot. The Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. And then we reach the problem, the park still revolves around the future but is also partially dated. It can definitely improve but it will have to do so by a different path, and I agree that the park must do something with dated rides. But I always hate good rides being removed due to reasons like this, perhaps ones that are not doing so well. I think they need to start by updating the entire park, changes to Epcot should be next on their list of improvements. If it was important to Walt, then its important to Disney World. But in time, I think Epcot will improve.

Australia would a be a great addition to Animal Kingdom. I mean Africa, Asia, and Austrailia would be a great trio of lands and themes. Plus they could have lots of unique animal exhibits. Animal Kingdom hasn't been shy about offering exotic food offerings as well.

For Epcot I think future world could benefit from a Marvel tie in/ Big Hero 6 theme area in Innovations showing robotics and making a permanent meet and greet for Baymax and Hiro. Perhaps some other Marvel tie in like Iron man, Transformers, etc could be featured here as well. I think an area for meet and greets and some attractions here could be a big draw for boys and their families.

I'd like at least one building to be turned into a trade show featuring the latest technology, perhaps a look at what they think next year's hottest Christmas toy will be. Things like google glass could be featured, and allowed to be tested. Anything destined for a home consumer. It would be pretty easy to get sponsorship for booths, and as long as they're carefully selected, it could be amazing.

Honestly I may be in the minority but I love Epcot, Future World and all. I love the attractions and the show buildings. And the music is so special to me. It may be for nostalgic reasons but I would be quite upset if they did a major overhaul. If they did some changes like maybe added one or two new attractions, or put something else in the place of Captain EO/HISTA. I also wouldn't be too heartbroken if they put something else in Ellen's Energy Adventure even though that's another nostalgic rice for me. But I don't mind the fact that it's semi-dated. I don't think its as bad as everyone is saying

I'm right there with you. The thought never crossed my mine about changing or updating anything in Epcot. I love it just the way it is. I guess I feel like we are SO wrapped up in new technology in everyday life. I appreciate the simple times. It's a momentary escape back in time. Same thing with Carousel of Progress. Sure it can use an huge update, but it wouldn't be the same. I can ride that over and over, and never get sick of it.

EPCOT needs a new management team that is more into the customer experience.

Remember the show "Around The World With Mickey"? Can we get another show like that again, but with different characters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter