epcot must do's with 3.5 yr old girl?

meredith1

DIS Veteran
First visit for me in 30+ years and I'm pretty clueless on Epcot. We are going the week after Thanksgiving. Are two days good or should we dedicate just 1.5? What are the must do's with a 3.5 yr old girl in Epcot? TIA!!!!

That's a tough one........I think Epcot is geared more for adults which is why I like it so much. I think a lot of what is there will be over her head at 3.5 years old.
I know each country has a child's area that they do arts and crafts with the kids.
Make sure to get a glass of wine in either Italy or France or both. It's a wonderful treat.

My daughter fell in love with Snow White in Epcot when she was 3.:love:
We did the princess breakfast in Norway and that was a big hit. She really enjoyed meeting all the princesses and they made a fuss over her. She was dressed as Jasmine for the breakfast but we changed her into just shorts and t-shirts right after breakfast. She enjoyed Kidcot and coloring the masks. When we got to Germany, Snow White walked out between two buildings and saw my dd. She motioned her over and said, "Weren't you dressed like my friend Princess Jasmine this morning?" Well, my daughter was just over the moon that Snow White remembered her! To this day (she's now almost 9) - Snow White holds a special place in her heart.
She really enjoyed the little things in Epcot in the WS - the koi pond, the fountain in Morocco, etc. She liked the big vegetables in the Land tour, Soarin', and Finding Nemo. What she hated was loud noises/fireworks - so we were running out of Epcot trying to beat the start of Illuminations.
We went in May and it was not too crowded - we saw everything that we wanted to in a day - and we went back to the resort for a nap in the middle of the day. This year we are planning on 2 days now that my girls will be 9 and 5.

my youngest is 4 and we have gone to Epcot since he was maybe 18 months. He loves the nemo ride, then the aquarium after.
My 3 kids have always loved walking around and seeing the countries and stuff. We found so many princesses in the countries with little or no wait. Snow white, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Mulan. my dd was thrilled she was maybe 5 or 6 when we first went to Epcot. but I am sure she will have plenty to see and take in
They also have the Character spot where you can meet Mickey, Minnie, Donals, Pluto, and Goofy. the most we have ever waited was maybe 30 minutes.

last year when we went with my ds2.5 i'd say we rode nemo about 20 times maybe? He LOVED it. Also loved turtle talk, that is a must do for you. He liked journey into imagination and running around the innoventions play areas.

I think Epcot has a lot for kids to do. In addition to the kidcot stops (where she decorates a mask and gets stamps and other fun stuff like her name written out if it is different than English), there are a lot of character stops, lots of performers in each country (some may appeal to kids), Turtle Talk with Crush, Three Caballeros (my DS loved this one), Soarin (if she's 40 inches), the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Innoventions, Akerhaus Princess storybook dining and more. You could easily spend 1.5 to 2 days here without ever hitting a single adult attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter