EPCOT morning to MK evening

Judgey Judgerson

Eating My Ears
We’re headed to EPCOT 9-10-22. We plan on hitting the park early (staying offsite), eating lunch at F&W, then hopping to MK.
Our goals are to ride Soaring, Guardians, Test Track, and Remi and hopefully Space Mountain. We’ll be doing Genie+, LL, and ILL. But, I’m not sure how to plan everything? I don’t have high hopes for hitting all the rides, but does anyone have a good plan/suggestion for hitting as many as possible?

I would book Remy for as early as you can at 7am and rope drop Test Track. Soarin is the easiest of the major rides to ride standby and most of the time an easy LL as well after you ride Remy or two hours after park open, whichever comes first.

Guardians is virtual queue/ILL only so you could try to get an early BG right at 7am. If it’s a late BG you could try for ILL at park open. Sometimes there are still morning slots then but you have to be quick.

You could book Space Mountain after you ride Soarin or after Remy if you do standby for Soarin. The time will have to be after 2pm for you to be able to book it for park hopping.

Pretty much what everyone else is recommending. Have two phones logged into the same account. At 7am book Remy and Guardians. If you don’t get the 7am Guardians, you can pay for ILL or you have a great shot at getting it at 1pm. You can also do both to ride twice. This depends on how late you want to stay at Epcot. Rope drop Test Track. If you get an early Remy, you’ll have a good shot at getting an early Soaring. If you have to wait 2 hours for the next selection, consider standby for Soaring after Test Track and start stacking for MK. Return times for Space may be around 2pm by 10:30am. This is going to highly fluid depending on your guardians and Remy return times. But you should have no problem getting on these rides.

The Soarin' line time can be really inaccurate. I like the Touring Plans line time app for this. Soarin' standby is indoors, which is good for a date that hot.

The other school of thought is to Uber to Beach Club, rope drop Epcot in the back and go to Remy standby. This puts you behing the on-site people, but ahead of the off-site. You should be able to get in for the convention center, but just walk through the parking lot if you can't get in the gate. It's not that far. Other option is Boardwalk, which has an Uber drop off without a gate, but is a longer walk. Starting on the other side makes the rest of your later rides more geographically close, and close to the monorail, which you need to leave, so you don't have to crisscross the whole park to go to Remy. Criscrossing back would take as long as just waiting at rope drop. And you can have breakfast in France.

Remy is a new ride, so it's a beast of a people mover, and the line moves FAST when G+ isn't in play, like rope drop. I'd rope drop Remy and G+ TT + Space Mountain as prioirity.

Last edited:
The Soarin' line time can be really inaccurate. I like the Touring Plans line time app for this. Soarin' standby is indoors, which is good for a date that hot.

The other school of thought is to Uber to Beach Club, rope drop Epcot in the back and go to Remy standby. This puts you behing the on-site people, but ahead of the off-site. You should be able to get in for the convention center, but just walk through the parking lot if you can't get in the gate. It's not that far. Other option is Boardwalk, which has an Uber drop off without a gate, but is a longer walk. Starting on the other side makes the rest of your later rides more geographically close, and close to the monorail, which you need to leave, so you don't have to crisscross the whole park to go to Remy. Criscrossing back would take as long as just waiting at rope drop. And you can have breakfast in France.

Remy is a new ride, so it's a beast of a people mover, and the line moves FAST when G+ isn't in play, like rope drop. I'd rope drop Remy and G+ TT + Space Mountain as prioirity.
There's no guarantee they will let you in at Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club if you don't have a room reservation or ADR. I would Uber to Swan or Dolphin instead.

You could book Space Mountain after you ride Soarin or after Remy if you do standby for Soarin. The time will have to be after 2pm for you to be able to book it for park hopping.
I believe the recent update is that the distribution times have to be 2pm (or thereabout) or later in order to book it so it depends on how quickly or slowly for that matter a ride runs out on distribution times.

It used to be if park hopping you could book your LL when able to but the times selected would be for 2pm or after automatically. The update now means you have to wait until the distribution time for whatever attraction you want in that other park is at 2pm (or thereabout) or later thereby needing to keep an eye on the LL times.

Here's an example from one of the blogs

Let’s say you purchased a park hopper ticket and Genie+ (the regular version). You decide to spend the first part of your day in Animal Kingdom, and want to hop to Hollywood Studios later and book a Lightning Lane for Tower of Terror. Under the old rules, you’d be able to immediately book a 2PM Tower of Terror Lightning Lane at 7AM (when guests can make their first selection).

However, with the new rule, if you want to book that Tower of Terror Lightning Lane for when you park hop after 2PM, you’ll have to wait until all Tower of Terror Lightning Lanes prior to 2PM have been booked.

There's no guarantee they will let you in at Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club if you don't have a room reservation or ADR. I would Uber to Swan or Dolphin instead.
You don't really care if the car makes it in. You can just get out of the car at the gate. It's a very small parking lot.

All the Uber driver has to do is say he's making a pickup. They do this all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter