Epcot MLK weekend

meeshi

<font color=green>Partial to finger toes<br><font
Please help me decide if I should plan a day at Epcot. I live in FL and have MLK weekend off and want to go for Festival of the Arts. Since it’s the first weekend AND a holiday weekend is it going to be unbearable? Would any particular day that weekend be better? Should I skip it and wait for the Flower and Garden Festival? I love strolling around world showcase and trying different foods from the booths.

Please help me decide if I should plan a day at Epcot. I live in FL and have MLK weekend off and want to go for Festival of the Arts. Since it’s the first weekend AND a holiday weekend is it going to be unbearable? Would any particular day that weekend be better? Should I skip it and wait for the Flower and Garden Festival? I love strolling around world showcase and trying different foods from the booths.
If it’s not too far to drive for a day trip, I would suggest Monday for your visit. People who came to visit for the three day weekend will be leaving to go home during the day, so any crowds will gradually decrease. I have visited over that weekend for many years and, of the three days, Monday was usually the least crowded.

If Monday is not convenient, I would pick Sunday over Saturday. The Festival starts on Friday, so Saturday would be the first day a lot of locals would be able to visit. Sundays are typically a little less crowded than Saturdays anyway, although I haven’t felt the crowds at Epcot to be too bad either day.

Have fun whichever day you decide!

Thank you for your response. I was actually considering going on Monday, so this helps a lot.

If it’s not too far to drive for a day trip, I would suggest Monday for your visit. People who came to visit for the three day weekend will be leaving to go home during the day, so any crowds will gradually decrease. I have visited over that weekend for many years and, of the three days, Monday was usually the least crowded.

If Monday is not convenient, I would pick Sunday over Saturday. The Festival starts on Friday, so Saturday would be the first day a lot of locals would be able to visit. Sundays are typically a little less crowded than Saturdays anyway, although I haven’t felt the crowds at Epcot to be too bad either day.

Have fun whichever day you decide!
Hi! do you have any advise for the Tuesday-Thursday the following days? I've been told it will be crazy busy the whole week. I will be doing AK Tuesday with a friend and then thinking about Epcot Wednesday and MK Thursday solo.

Hi! do you have any advise for the Tuesday-Thursday the following days? I've been told it will be crazy busy the whole week. I will be doing AK Tuesday with a friend and then thinking about Epcot Wednesday and MK Thursday solo.
Well, I hope it won’t be too busy the week following, since that is when I will be there. I have been visiting in January for, well, decades now. The busiest times I have experienced, in order of busy-ness, have been:

week that includes New Year’s eve/day (very busy)
Marathon weekend (busy)
MLK weekend (busy)
remaining weekends (not bad)
remaining weekdays (not bad)

Out of those, the only one I would not personally do again is the week of New Year’s. Busy in January is not like busy Christmas week. Obviously, there are no guarantees that whatever week we pick won’t be crowded, but going during the week during what is typically one of the least crowded months should make it enjoyable (so long as the weather cooperates).

Reactions: M&E

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter