EPCOT...Is it a 1 day or 2 day park?

kiwi2013

Mouseketeer
Trying to figure out if I need 1 or 2 days for EPCOT....I am planning on doing the worlds, but really how long will that take....I'm in no rush which is why I'm questioning needing/taking the extra day.
Also, other than Soaring, Test Track what are some other things to do...15yr old DD will be with me

Trying to figure out if I need 1 or 2 days for EPCOT....I am planning on doing the worlds, but really how long will that take....I'm in no rush which is why I'm questioning needing/taking the extra day.
Also, other than Soaring, Test Track what are some other things to do...15yr old DD will be with me

Probably just a one day park for you, but it is a two day park for some. You may not know until you get there.

On a seven day trip Epcot is a 2 or 3 day park for us.
On a ten day trip Epcot is a 4 day park for us.

Check out Mission Space and the Sum of all Thrills too.

Everyone will say personal preference and that's true. My two cents? It's a one day park, especially with a 15-year-old. Now, all 15-year-olds are different, but I don't see the average 15-year-old being that interested in EPCOT after Soarin', Test Track and maybe Mission Earth.

I'd do the three attractions I mentioned, wander through the different countries and stick around for Illuminations.

If you have time, 2 days. I usually do one full day and at least two partial days in a week with a hopper. I think the world and the other stuff will feel rushed in one day.

Mission Space is a thrill ride and good if you don't get motion sick. Spaceship Earth is fun, but not a thrill ride. And I really liked Living with the Land. Plus you've got the shows and rides in the World Showcase.

2 days for us! I LOVE Epcot, but not everyone does, so I guess it really depends on you. We love to eat, drink and shop around the world and take our time. :goodvibes

Epcot is minimum two days. The showcase has so many things to offer evern for older children. Just took my 11 year old granddaughter and she bought a pack of post cards with all the countries on them. She had the Kidcot area in each country write on them instead of the mask or bear. She used it for a project in school when we got back. But she had a great time getting the info on the cards and the stamps they would put on the mask etc. The CM's in each place took time with her so it made it extra special. You really need to go into each country and walk around and see all the different things. Test Track and Soaring are the highlights. But we also love the boat ride next to Soarin takes you through the garden areas and see how some of the food is grown through different means. Also some of the food is served at the restaurants. If you can ride simulators the Misson to Mars is loved by my daughter (36) and my 11 yr granddaughter. Nemo is kind of nice memories of the movie but we love Turtle Talk with Crush. Ellen energy is a good break. Also my girls like journey into immagination. Not sure if Captian EO will still be there but it brought back some grat memories and was good to see again.

Probably just a one day park for you, but it is a two day park for some. You may not know until you get there.

Gonna second this.

When we went, my younger sister (18 at the time) was convinced she wasn't going to like Epcot and even lobbied we skip it entirely. Well, we got there and she really ended up loving it, both Future World and World Showcase. So you'll know if you want the extra day once you're there for a bit. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When it was just DH and I, it was a one day park. We love EPCOT, but we didn't have any trouble doing everything we wanted in a day. DD is 7, and we have been to WDW with her every year since she was 2, and with a little one slowing us down, EPCOT is a 2 full day park. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we have to wait in line for about every single character in the park (some lines are really short, but lines like Jasmine and Belle's can get long and involve some planning). I think with a 15 year old, you can probably do it in one day, unless your 15 year old is interested in meeting all of the characters throughout the park. If you want to take it at a really leisurely pace, you might want to stretch it out to a day and a half or 2 days.

If you are planning on catching some of the live entertainment in World Showcase, I would say you definitely need 2 days. My DD is 14 and she loves Epcot. You could always plan some TS meals since there are so many great places to eat. That takes up quite a bit of time too.

What are "the worlds"? Not being difficult, I really don't know what you are thinking. Walt Disney World consists of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studio's and Animal Kingdom as the 4 major theme parks.

On a 7 night trip we do 2 full days at Epcot and 5 evenings. It is our favorite park and we love dinner in the International restaurants of World Showcase.
Have Fun.

I would plan at least two days. Are you getting hopper passes? I don’t usually plan our days, just Adrs. With teenagers it’s always good to be flexible. In the morning we just go to whatever park sounds fun at the time. With AK closing so early and HS not my fav park, we end our nights at either Epcot or MK. Epcot has great places to eat dinner too.

When we went last time it was a one day park but that was 13 years ago. I'm planning on one day again this time.

freddyttt- Yes! One of my fondest memories of our last trip was walking through the countries at night. It was soooo beautiful!

What are "the worlds"? Not being difficult, I really don't know what you are thinking. Walt Disney World consists of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studio's and Animal Kingdom as the 4 major theme parks.

On a 7 night trip we do 2 full days at Epcot and 5 evenings. It is our favorite park and we love dinner in the International restaurants of World Showcase.
Have Fun.

I took it to mean the countries in World Showcase.

Spaceship earth, test track, land pavilion, living seas, club cool, ellen's energy, mission space, imagination pavilion, mouse gear, illuminations, and 11 countries. Definitely more than a day's worth of stuff to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter