Epcot is a letdown

cissy

Kindness is Strength
We are in the park now and it is so disappointing. We loved our time at other three parks so it’s not that we are unhappy people!
But lots and lots of stuff is closed. Shops, kiosks, attractions.
Also, with no entertainment it just feels blah. This is DH’s and my favorite park so the letdown is that much the worse.
there is a huge Art Festival starting tomorrow so maybe that’s why so much is closed? But we certainly didn’t get a discount today so it feels like bait and switch.
Oh well. Looks like the festival will be awesome

Was Living With the Land open? That's all that matters.

But all seriousness that really sucks, it's always been my favorite but it sounds like it was hit worse than the others.

We are in the park now and it is so disappointing. We loved our time at other three parks so it’s not that we are unhappy people!
But lots and lots of stuff is closed. Shops, kiosks, attractions.
Also, with no entertainment it just feels blah. This is DH’s and my favorite park so the letdown is that much the worse.
there is a huge Art Festival starting tomorrow so maybe that’s why so much is closed? But we certainly didn’t get a discount today so it feels like bait and switch.
Oh well. Looks like the festival will be awesome
Epcot is our favorite park too. It's sad there without the people from the actual countries manning the pavilions. The restaurants just fall flat. We went to Tutto Italia recently, our favorite, and the service was (uncharacteristically) abysmal. Plus no charming Italians :(

We will be at Epcot on the 25th.....hopefully it would not be a let down. :-( with all the changes that are coming so fast it's hard to keep up.

Was Living With the Land open? That's all that matters.

But all seriousness that really sucks, it's always been my favorite but it sounds like it was hit worse than the others.

Yes, we rode the boat tour and did Soarin, which is even better than it was 8 years ago.

Epcot is our favorite park too. It's sad there without the people from the actual countries manning the pavilions. The restaurants just fall flat. We went to Tutto Italia recently, our favorite, and the service was (uncharacteristically) abysmal. Plus no charming Italians :(

we talked about that, too!! How everyone was from that country and it was lovely to talk with them about it. We felt the lack of that connection.
Our dinner at Biergarten was really bad. I mean, really bad. For the price, it was not worth it.

The lack of Live Entertainment is evident throughout the World Showcase. So much is now a walk on by, keep walking.

exactly! And why?? I think they could have certainly had entertainers behind ropes or barriers so people couldn’t get too close. It was depressing.

We will be at Epcot on the 25th.....hopefully it would not be a let down. :-( with all the changes that are coming so fast it's hard to keep up.

if the art festival is done, I would highly suggest hopping over after 2pm instead of paying an all day ticket.
we all agreed we would have rather spent the day relaxing at our resort then spending the late afternoon at DS and eating there.
we would have skipped Epcot entirely and that is saying a lot as we saved it for the last day cause we love it so much.

we talked about that, too!! How everyone was from that country and it was lovely to talk with them about it. We felt the lack of that connection.
Our dinner at Biergarten was really bad. I mean, really bad. For the price, it was not worth it.
Sorry, ugh. Same with Tutto. We live in S FL and it's our special occasion place (if a weekend trip falls on one). Always great service! The menu was very limited and the server abrupt and rude. Interestingly, Spice Road seemed to still have the same fantastic Moroccan servers when we went last? They must live here. We haven't been back since the place changed though, I'm sure that place is ruined too. We really like the wine in France. Usually the people are so charming! Last time we had some guy named Brad (or something) from Ohio and he snippily corrected my mispronunciation of the wine I asked for (lol) The charming French kids would never do that. I can't wait till they all come back--they make Epcot.

This has been a great time to check out the attractions you normally overlook. For years I have walked past Figment Imagination and saw the short line and had fun and new films were introduced about a year ago inside Canada and France and Awesome Planet is Awesome . I enjoyed the Pixar animated movie selections in the theatre also. These are all places I have not experienced in many years .
Also need to remeber they will eventually remove or update and make changes so enjoy it while you can. With the huge barges being installed for Harmonius, I suspect they will discontinue the boat ... I think they will be updating Spaceship Earth interior and maybe China? Hope not.

I have walked past Figment Imagination

Ugh... I went on it for the first time last trip and was shaking my head at how horrible it was. Not to mention stepping into an interactive 1995 area after.

I might need to duck but I REALLY don't like that ride. I think for most it's due to nostalgia from when it was better... but now? Although I do know I am not alone, I think it makes it to the top three worst rides on most lists. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter