• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot International Food & Wine Festival *2011*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes a difference, the last PFTS I went to for the past two years (they were among the last two PFTS in November) were so uncrowded that they were offering half price tickets to cast members. Not that I can ever predict what crowds at any specific event will be like from year to year.

Good to know! We're planning an onsite trip near the beginning of F&W, but we are close enough we can drive up for the evening for a PFTS, especially if it's less crowded.

Thanks so much for the input. I appreciate it!

This will be our 4th Food and Wine Festival. Going Oct 5 - 11. Going to try the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic on the 7th and 8th.

DH and I've been wanting to do PftS, but I've heard bad things. Your review is the first I've heard on here that was positive. Care to elaborate? Did you do the special wine package or go with general tickets?

Just the regular seating. I have always enjoyed PFTS. DH will go and get a few things and bring them back to the table, then the next time I will. We have always found a table except one year when we got there late.

This will be our first F&W festival and we have no idea as to events there will be and those that require tickets. Does anyone have last year's schedule to give us an idea? We're going Columbus Day weekend and I hear there are not many special events because of the crowds.

Thanks so much.

Does anyone know if there are any discounts offered for F&W Festival? Specifically for PFTS or any of the food seminars or wine tastings?

This will be our first F&W festival and we have no idea as to events there will be and those that require tickets. Does anyone have last year's schedule to give us an idea? We're going Columbus Day weekend and I hear there are not many special events because of the crowds.

Thanks so much.

Here's a link to wdwinfo.com's page on the 2010 festival including the guide

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/

Can't wait to see more info on this year's festival but we probably have a few more months to wait...

Does anyone know if there are any discounts offered for F&W Festival? Specifically for PFTS or any of the food seminars or wine tastings?

The special dining events like Party for the Senses never have discounts of any kind.

But during the past two years when Disney started charging for the seminars for food and wine demos, those who were annual passholders or DVC members were able to purchase discounted admissions. The discounts were limited, so a popular presenter like Robert Irvine, for example, would sell out of the discounted tickets while non-discounted tickets might still be available. Those tend to be snapped up very quickly. The most popular presenters are usually scheduled on weekends.

And we tend to call these "deminars". I like it. :laughing:

It's been five years since my last Disney trip - always went to F&W fest when we lived an hour away. Will be there October 28th through November 1st. Can't wait!!!!!

Dawn

The special dining events like Party for the Senses never have discounts of any kind.

But during the past two years when Disney started charging for the seminars for food and wine demos, those who were annual passholders or DVC members were able to purchase discounted admissions. The discounts were limited, so a popular presenter like Robert Irvine, for example, would sell out of the discounted tickets while non-discounted tickets might still be available. Those tend to be snapped up very quickly. The most popular presenters are usually scheduled on weekends.

And we tend to call these "deminars". I like it. :laughing:

I'd also add that for the popular book signings, at least last year, they had tickets you had to get earlier in the day and then get in line with your ticket closer to when the book signing started.

A lot of people didn't know about this and got shut out of getting to see the author despite getting in line really early

We went to F&W for the first time last year, we are hooked. Heading back again this year. Nov 9th-13th. Beyond excited.

Looking forward to two trips during Food and Wine.

September 29-October 1st for Moms Panel Reunion and Foodie Fest

October 7-18th for family vacation!

Cheers!

My last two days at WDW are that Friday and Saturday, the first two days of F&W. We didn't care much about the F&W fest but thought we'd check it out since we'll be there anyway. Would you recommend just staying away in our case or is it worth at least a pass through? We have park hoppers. Thanks!

I am hoping that Saturday night will have the local crowd as the half marathon runner will be lining up by 7pm for a 10pm step off. Epcot will definately be busy later in the eveing as the runners join in. :banana:

I am hoping that Saturday night will have the local crowd as the half marathon runner will be lining up by 7pm for a 10pm step off. Epcot will definately be busy later in the eveing as the runners join in. :banana:

The runners line up over at the WWoS. They FINISH outside of the International Gateway at Epcot. But since the race starts at 10:00 (I thought it was 10:30, gotta check!) and it's a half marathon distance, the runners certainly won't impact Epcot Satuday night. If anything, the runners will make Epcot less crowded Saturday night, since they and their families won't be there.

I read that the weather in October could be quite inconsistant but even so switched my dates for Sept 25-Oct 3 to Oct 19-25 fearful of the dreaded hot and humid weather I kept hearing about in September.

I just want it not to be hot hot hot and I am going to be upset if it is since it is costing me more for 6 nights than the previous dates did for 8 nights due to discounts , although I have read that cooler weather is likely after Oct 15th I was not thinking "freezing" :scared1:

Inconsistent is right - We went last year during the third week in Oct. -weather was nice the first two days, but it was extremely hot and humid by the time we left. We're going the first week in Nov this year- hoping it will be cooler.

How do you book the discounted tickets? Are ANY of the events,demos, seminars free? Thanks.

Alicia

The first week of the wine and food festival is usually completely booked for DVC resorts, so it is busy...but i've found over the years that even the busier crowds these day are more manageable than they used to be..lines and such seem to move much faster

How do you book the discounted tickets?

Disney will release them for booking online. You cannot book these tickets by phone. You can book them either online ahead of time, or buy them at the festival center on the day of the demonstration (there will be no discounts at the door).There will not be any discounts for anything other than the Festival Center seminars (except perhaps cast discounts for some of the Parties for the Senses)

Are ANY of the events,demos, seminars free?

Only those that do not provide a sample of food or beverage. There are seminars called "Authentic Tastes" that as of last year still had no charge, which may provide taste tests, but not a serving sample. Before 2009, all the seminars were at no extra charge...but things have changed.

This will be our 10th F&W Festival. We are very excited again. Going the beginning on November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter