• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Gift Cards with Wristband

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I just listened to the discussion of this on the email show and wanted to offer some tips. I saved my gift card/wristband and add money to it regularly at our local Disney Store. Each time I am in the mall, I add another $10 and this adds up before my next trip whether it is for Food & Wine or not. There is no expiration on the card and it can be used at WDW, DLR, and Disney Stores across the country. It's definitely worth getting especially if you are a nutty shopper like me. It makes for a great DTD spending spree! ;):lmao:

I really need to come to the boards more often. This is such a good idea! I still have my F&W gift card from last year, with a whole $18 on it. Love the thought of adding to it and having another stash of money for the trip. Also gives me an excuse to visit the malls that have a Disney Store. =)

Great idea. I wish we still had a Disney Store around here so I could use the idea.

The way I save a little extra spending money is this: Every time I have spare change in my purse, I put it in a special jar. Normally by the time we go on our next trip I'll have around $100 saved up. Between that and the rewards on our Disney Visa, we end up with a pretty nice chunk of change to spend. ::MinnieMo

I still have one from last food and wine festival. I liked having it handy on my wrist, even though the band was tight enough to think your circulation might get cut off. :laughing:

This is all great info- thanks!

I have not been to Food & Wine before, but am going this fall. Does anyone have a picture (or direct me to a picture) of the wristband cards?

I actually kept mine. I don't have a picture. But the gift cards are very convienient and this option is much better than carrying a lot of cash around.:thumbsup2

I started to use this idea yesterday. We went to our local Disney store and just purchased a regular gift card. The b/f and i put money on it and plan on putting at least $40 every 2 weeks that way we will be stocked up for November.

This is all great info- thanks!

I have not been to Food & Wine before, but am going this fall. Does anyone have a picture (or direct me to a picture) of the wristband cards?

Here I am modeling last year's design. :laughing:

DSCN0062.jpg

The lovely photo of Lori's hand shows what the whole card looks like when you purchase it.
You can actually break away the bottom half so it becomes a long, narrow card and not as bulky as a whole credit card on your wrist. :thumbsup2
More like the size of the "key ring" loyalty card you get from many stores.

The way I save a little extra spending money is this: Every time I have spare change in my purse, I put it in a special jar. Normally by the time we go on our next trip I'll have around $100 saved up. Between that and the rewards on our Disney Visa, we end up with a pretty nice chunk of change to spend. ::MinnieMo

To kick this up a notch we spent a year not spending any change... we only used bills and put all of our change in our water jar. We would also throw in ones when we knew we had to go to the ATM anyway. That year we saved over $700 and it did not really hurt our wallets at all.

The lovely photo of Lori's hand shows what the whole card looks like when you purchase it.
You can actually break away the bottom half so it becomes a long, narrow card and not as bulky as a whole credit card on your wrist. :thumbsup2
More like the size of the "key ring" loyalty card you get from many stores.

Lori's card has already had the piece broken off. I have the same one. :)

:blush: oops! I stand corrected!
I could have sworn that they broke down smaller than that.

Thanks Nikki. :flower3:

Wow, Lori, are you going for a hand model job? ;)

Ooh, be careful with the wording there. :rolleyes1
Family board...family board... :laughing:

I thought my arm looked awful. Eek!

Thanks so much! I will be styling!

Maybe you have smaller wrists, which won't feel like you're wearing a tourniquet. ;)

And Linda:
If I had to wear the other half of the card, it would have been pretty unwieldy for sure! :lmao:

I just listened to the discussion of this on the email show and wanted to offer some tips. I saved my gift card/wristband and add money to it regularly at our local Disney Store. Each time I am in the mall, I add another $10 and this adds up before my next trip whether it is for Food & Wine or not. There is no expiration on the card and it can be used at WDW, DLR, and Disney Stores across the country. It's definitely worth getting especially if you are a nutty shopper like me. It makes for a great DTD spending spree! ;):lmao:

Wow... Great idea!

I just found out about this card when I called on Tuesday to purchase my Party for the Senses tickets. Can this wristband card only be purchased at EPCOT? If so, is it available at any store at EPCOT? Can this be purchased at a Disney Store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter