Epcot France Ice Cream Shop now open!

The Fountain blows away all ice cream we have had at WDW. The only one that has come close so far is Ghiradelli and that is about what is in the ice cream more than the ice cream itself most likely.

Looking forward to trying to new one in France.

Can't wait to try the salted caramel :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Am I the only one that noticed that the server is not wearing gloves?? and touching that cone:scared:, I'm the first one to get in line for ice cream, but please people, come back and report whether they're wearing gloves and I'll be sure to partake!:thumbsup2

I am so excited that there is finally homemade ice cream in the World as I have an allergy to a preservative in ice cream--woohoo!

Jillpie said:
Am I the only one that noticed that the server is not wearing gloves?? and touching that cone:scared:, I'm the first one to get in line for ice cream, but please people, come back and report whether they're wearing gloves and I'll be sure to partake!:thumbsup2

When I worked at Ben and Jerry's when I was in high school we didn't use gloves. We had a sink to wash our hands before handling orders and the cones were wrapped in paper. Come to notice I've never really seen anyone wearing gloves at an ice cream parlor anywhere in my area, I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

So, it's an independent Disney owned and operated store? It's not being run by Edy's?

I don't really see how the ice cream will be homemade. They can't be making each quart from scratch on site. They have to be starting with pre-made bases and then adding flavors and ingredients on site.

In any event, I don't see myself paying $11.50 for a scoop of ice cream plus a splash of liquor.

ElizabethB said:
I don't understand what it means to be "homemade" ice cream made by Edy's in an Edy's-sponsored store. They can't be making every quart by hand from scratch on the premises. If they are "making" it on the premises, presumably they are starting with an Edy's base and adding various flavors and ingredients. To me, that does not qualify as "homemade".

So, is it a higher grade of Edy's base and, therefore, Edy's ice cream than the Edy's ice cream sold everywhere else in the parks -- and in every supermarket and 7-11 in America?

I was looking forward to this but I'm not interested now. We enjoy Ghirardelli's and we'll stick with that.

I don't see myself paying $11.50 for a scoop of Edy's ice cream (even if it's a higher grade than the supermarket kind) plus a splash of liquor.

This is not edys ice cream as stated before in this thread. They make it in house presumably with an ice cream maker, all it takes is cream, ice, salt and flavoring which could be their own recipe, who knows. But it is most definitely not edys ice cream you're paying for in France pavilion.

So, it's an independent Disney owned and operated store? It's not being run by Edy's?

I don't really see how the ice cream will be homemade. They can't be making each quart from scratch on site. They have to be starting with pre-made bases and then adding flavors and ingredients on site.

In any event, I don't see myself paying $11.50 for a scoop of ice cream plus a splash of liquor.

No.... not Edy's.

And the bolded... why do you find this to be so unbelievable? :confused3 If one can make ice cream at home, I do believe that they can have an ice cream maker and make ice cream at Disney World. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter