Epcot FP+ Watch Thread: Soarin' & Frozen Ride

Are there ever soft openings right when a park opens for the day? I've got PPO ADR at Garden Grill the 2nd week of June and am hoping for a soft opening at Soarin if they arent open with the old film.

1. Does anyone know if both Soarin' and Frozen will be Tier 1 rides?
2. Will we still be able to only select 1 Tier 1?

1. Nobody knows. (Although, that would seem likely.)
2. Uo to now, that's been the deal.

1. Are there ever soft openings
2. right when a park opens for the day?
I've got PPO ADR at Garden Grill the 2nd week of June and am hoping for a soft opening at Soarin
3. if they arent open with the old film.

1. Yes.
2. Much less likely at park opening time.
3. Could be.

Are you guys trying for June 21? I thought I saw that even though Soarin reopens on 6/17, FP doesn't start til 6/21

Are you guys trying for June 21? I thought I saw that even though Soarin reopens on 6/17, FP doesn't start til 6/21
I just searched for 6/21 and 6/24 this morning. It shows and open date but it won't let you book the Fastpass.

No, what you saw was that Soarin' reopens on June 17th and you can start reserving your FastPass+ for it on April 21st (today). That said, nobody has been able to book it yet today as of right now.

It is still coming up as unavailable for me.
I'm a little upset because I normally wake up at 4:45 am. I had to stay up on a weeknight last week to get my 60 day FP+ (well, I mostly just got 7DMT on my MK days because there was nothing else hard to get) and I set my alarm and woke up at 11:55 pm last night. And the dang FP+ for Soarin' still aren't available!

Heaven help me when the A&E meet and greet or FEA open up...
(First world problems, I know)

I checked some other forums and no one has any insight as to what happened FP-wise. Perhaps @rteetz can also post some news here if he receives info for the Rumors & News forum.

Touring Plans said they aren't available yet but Disney said they would be. Best bet is to check periodically.

I checked some other forums and no one has any insight as to what happened FP-wise. Perhaps @rteetz can also post some news here if he receives info for the Rumors & News forum.

I haven't seen anything yet but it seems no one can book Soarin right now. It was supposed to be able for booking today. I would keep trying, and I'll look into it more.

Thanks so much for checking!

Saw this on another thread on TPAS board:
Okay - I just called Disney and spoke with someone in IT in regards to the app not showing FPs available. They said that the communication was sent in error and that the FPs would not be opening today, nor could she tell me when. They are working on the problem and I still feel like I need to stalk the site in case their corrective action is to make them available. Just to clarify she did not know what the corrective action would be.

ETA this was on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/opening-date-for-soarin-announced.3503412/page-3
Posted by 1971DBday

Last edited:
Saw this on another thread on TPAS board:
Okay - I just called Disney and spoke with someone in IT in regards to the app not showing FPs available. They said that the communication was sent in error and that the FPs would not be opening today, nor could she tell me when. They are working on the problem and I still feel like I need to stalk the site in case their corrective action is to make them available. Just to clarify she did not know what the corrective action would be.
Thank you for posting this news! @rteetz will be interested in this too.

I'll keep checking too! I'm holding out hope for FEA for my DD! She will be so excited if I can get it booked. I deleted my tier 1 FP on our Epcot day in hopes that will speed things up.

I wonder if they will re-announce the FP opening up? I won't stay up till 11 every night if it's not announced but wonder if checking first thing in the morning will be too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter