Epcot FP+ tiers gone...for now.

I don't see how a guest would expect Disney to honor a clear mistake that guest wants to take advantage of, no matter how trivial.

what if a guest was not aware and did this by mistake?

now 9pm rolls around and they go try to use their last of three fp+. do they only get two?

I think this should work the way it works if a store makes a mistake in ads and print the wrong price. If the mistake is one that a typical person wouldn't realize it was a mistake, the store has to honor it.

I'm not sure this is a glitch. Seems like the code is written a certain way and it would have to be re-written to allow something like this to happen. Who knows.

I feel very comfortable keeping the multiple tier 1 fp's and don't believe they would not honor them vecause THEIR system allowed it to happen. Someone goes in to change an event and is presented with TT for example and decides to pick it. That isn't really their fault...

Anyway, I was able to get 3 Tier 1's at epcot. On some of them you have to play around with selecting certain tier 2's OR certain times before you can get what you want (for ex moving the tier 2 you want to replace Illuminations with to a later time).

I don't see how a guest would expect Disney to honor a clear mistake that guest wants to take advantage of, no matter how trivial.

Because it was not a clear mistake, nor is it something that will cause Disney to lose money. No one knew for sure whether it was a glitch or a new option being tested, the uninformed could have easily done it by accident, and it would be a greater hassle for Disney not to honor it. I doubt those who took advantage are more than a drop in the bucket.

I'm not sure this is a glitch. Seems like the code is written a certain way and it would have to be re-written to allow something like this to happen. Who knows.

No, code wouldn't have to be re-written for this change to be made. Any programmer that would hard code these types of configuration settings is a pretty crappy programmer. I would wager it was something as simple as a check box either accidentally or intentionally being selected/deselected or a Boolean operator in a config file being changed either by design or accident.

It really isn't uncommon at all for someone to make a change in the live environment they meant to make in an off-line environment or to change the wrong option by accident if it was, indeed, an accident.

No, code wouldn't have to be re-written for this change to be made. Any programmer that would hard code these types of configuration settings is a pretty crappy programmer. I would wager it was something as simple as a check box either accidentally or intentionally being selected/deselected or a Boolean operator in a config file being changed either by design or accident.

It really isn't uncommon at all for someone to make a change in the live environment they meant to make in an off-line environment or to change the wrong option by accident if it was, indeed, an accident.

I have NEVER done anything like that!!!! (today):lmao:

I went on yesterday to redo a couple fast passes I had chosen and saw that I could switch little mermaid for test track. I thought "sweet they must have stopped doing the tiers". So I changed all of mine that I could. I then read about it on the Dis last night. So not everyone is twirling their mustaches trying to mess disney over.

To those of you that feel I have stolen something from disney or other customers, I will think of you as I go on Test Trak.....then Soarin'.

Oh and LIGHTEN UP.

Just an update from here...

Had

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Soarin'

All booked as of yesterday. This morning, changed to

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Meet Disney Pals

I just went back in for a goof and I am still able to choose Soarin' to replace Meet Disney Pals even though I already have Test Track picked.

So, I don't know about anyone else, but I can still choose two Tier 1's.

I think this is because once you have a tier 1 FP+ reserved, your change to that tier 1 limits you to another tier 1.

Since you have all tier 1s already, the system lets you (limits you) swap with another tier 1.

If I'm right, you won't see any tier 2 choices to pick when you're modifying any of your multiple tier 1s one at a time. The only way to get back to one tier 1 and two tier 2s is to start over for the day.

I don't think anyone will have a problem as long as you don't change them.

Epcot was untiered back when it started, and then got tiered. The people who picked before the tiers got to keep their picks. Same for DHS.

And same for MK, when MK had 4 FPs.

I don't think we will have problems using our fp+. 1. It is a trial period so they usually are extra nice to guest since everyone is trying to figure out. 2. The system has so many glitches that changes everyday so I think they will cut everyone a break.

To those of you that feel I have stolen something from disney or other customers, I will think of you as I go on Test Trak.....then Soarin'.

Oh and LIGHTEN UP.

How dare you ride Test Track and Soarin in one day! You obviously have no morals. :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

Could someone walk me through this? When I log on and try to "change" to new options or time. I've selected Little Mermaid to change, but it only gives me options of other 2 tier things to change to. How are you making this work?

Could someone walk me through this? When I log on and try to "change" to new options or time. I've selected Little Mermaid to change, but it only gives me options of other 2 tier things to change to. How are you making this work?

The system has been fixed, the tiers are back today! :rolleyes1

It is amazing how much relief being able to select multiple tier 1 FP was. It totally changed our days and took a TON of the stress out of the EP and DHS days.

I hope that as the 'test' progresses this comes back.

Yea I agree this really depends on how the server side interaction is setup.

I imagine this isn't an issue in code, this is probably an issue with options selected through the server interface.

I imagine the code is set up to allow a multitude of flexible options. 1,2,3,4,5,6,10 Fast Passes per person, Tiers on, Tiers off, hard limit 3 FPs, Extra FPs after 3 are used, etc etc, Set parameters over time. Select X options from DATE until DATE ... etc.

This might just be the result of someone clicking the wrong box, or not setting date restrictions to options etc.

This really depends on the separation between operations and management control and hard code. But I really do imagine the scenario is something like what I have laid out, where coders are setting up a system for park/operations management to be able to interact with without requiring additional code.

It is amazing how much relief being able to select multiple tier 1 FP was. It totally changed our days and took a TON of the stress out of the EP and DHS days.

I hope that as the 'test' progresses this comes back.

I think this thread is a testament to how many people are actually unhappy with FP+.

Despite how often people have suggested there are only a few people who don't like FP+ ... this is clearly not true. The excitement and pure joy expressed in this thread really demonstrates just how many people have real issues with the current iteration of FP+ with Tiers ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter