Epcot FP+ tiers gone...for now.

Thinking of changing my fastpasses back to what they where. I don't want to get there and lose my fastpasses. Is anyone else thinking about doing this or is everyone planning to keep them and see how it goes?

No way, even if it was a glitch, they should honor it. Or pry them from my cold, dead hands (okay, so they're not in paper form, you get the drift). :)

No way, even if it was a glitch, they should honor it. Or pry them from my cold, dead hands (okay, so they're not in paper form, you get the drift). :)

If it was a mistake, they should say so, and either change people's new FPs back or ask you to do so. And you should.

If it was not a mistake, they can just move on quietly or say so, but they are under no obligation to say anything.

But if it was something you got because of their error......

Never profit from someone else's mistake.

If it was a mistake, they should say so, and either change people's new FPs back or ask you to do so. And you should.

If it was not a mistake, they can just move on quietly or say so, but they are under no obligation to say anything.

But if it was something you got because of their error......

Never profit from someone else's mistake.

Um, I think the $5,000 + I am paying for the trip will more than make up for my ability to ride Soarin twice in one trip. ;) It is a little different than let's say a bank error.

Thinking of changing my fastpasses back to what they where. I don't want to get there and lose my fastpasses. Is anyone else thinking about doing this or is everyone planning to keep them and see how it goes?

It's a game of odds. Which would you rather be holding:
A 100% chance of fast passing an attraction that has a 20 minute SB wait, or a 50% (or 40%, or 30%) chance of fast passing a ride with a 70 minute wait? Smart money bets on the latter.

This is so disappointing. :(

I was actually thinking of switching our August trip back to Beach Club from offsite when I read this yesterday. For some reason, the tiers in Epcot really get to me. It's the reason I turned on FP+ even though I was initially a supporter of the concept of FP+.

Now I'll just go stay offsite and save lots of $.

I am keeping mine too! I don't feel there will be a problem at all before the tiers there were people that already had them and they let those go with no problem, I expect the same in this situation.

The only problem I see with mine is if the adding on more fast pass after using your 3 pre selected ones is really happening then all my pre seclected fast passes are in the afternoon. I won't be able to move them around at all... so I would have to be happy with the 3 I have in the afternoon. :)

It's a game of odds. Which would you rather be holding:
A 100% chance of fast passing an attraction that has a 20 minute SB wait, or a 50% (or 40%, or 30%) chance of fast passing a ride with a 70 minute wait? Smart money bets on the latter.

Yup, in many cases 3 tiered FP = 1 FP. In those cases, you are better off sticking with the multiple Tier 1s.... if they don't work out, it wont have a huge impact on your vacation, if they do work out, it may have a huge impact on your vacation.

I so wish I could have done this for our FPs, but we are still 79 days away. I did use the loophole to book Epcot days with Multiple Tier 1s though ...

I would think that Disney puts a cap on the # of FP's allowed for each time slot, to avoid abnormally long FP lines. I hope at least!

if this was truly a glitch, then it stands to reason that any safegaurds against handing out too many could of been effected by the glitch as well, right?

in my tests, it seems like every single tier 1 fp was available at any time of the day, which makes me think it was not properly preventing any restrictions on fp.

Let it ride.

Agreed. They had a glitch earlier this year when they opened up Candlelight Processional packages for a few hours one morning about a week before they were supposed to.

Tons of people got reservations for the CP and posted about it here, but by the time I got to it, it was closed.

I called and they said, No, there were no reservations made this morning, and if it was it must have been a glitch, and they won't be honored. But they were.

I don't see how they can not honor it to be honest with you. It's probably such a small number in the totality of circumstances, it'd be silly to deny them.

Tons of people got reservations for the CP and posted about it here, but by the time I got to it, it was closed.

I called and they said, No, there were no reservations made this morning, and if it was it must have been a glitch, and they won't be honored. But they were.

I don't see how they can not honor it to be honest with you. It's probably such a small number in the totality of circumstances, it'd be silly to deny them.

yes, ITA. It seems every time something like this happens, someone calls Disney and the phone reps are total hard liners about it. People will be caught! Reservations will be cancelled!!! And then nothing ever comes of it. ;) If a phone rep tells you something is going to done you can almost be positive it will not!!

Just an update from here...

Had

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Soarin'

All booked as of yesterday. This morning, changed to

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Meet Disney Pals

I just went back in for a goof and I am still able to choose Soarin' to replace Meet Disney Pals even though I already have Test Track picked.

So, I don't know about anyone else, but I can still choose two Tier 1's.

I printed a hard copy of my picks for my EP days in March and will carry it in my pocket. I am sure the CM manning the FP+ entrance will let us in, even if the Mickey Head does not initially turn green.

But...............I printed them out about 18 hours since I made the changes and they appeared to "stick". I don't expect any problems.

I don't see how a guest would expect Disney to honor a clear mistake that guest wants to take advantage of, no matter how trivial.

But to do that, Disney has to come right out and state in no uncertain terms that it was a mistake. If the situation is left ambiguous, Disney can hardly fault or blame people who arranged for certain FP+s during a "testing" phase. As of right now, there has been no admission of error. If there is, then Disney can send an email to the account holder of every person now in possession of multiple tier 1 attractions and let them know that no more than one will be honored. I agree with that. But Disney cannot just let this slide by quietly and then pounce on people when they get to the Mickey head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter