Epcot Food & Wine 2014

BettyBoo29

Mouseketeer
Just wondering..

Is Epcot food & wine festival only once a year?

We are going on the 16 Sep till 1 Oct and it's something I REALLY want to do.

Will be so disappointed if it's only once a year :-(

Also, the drinking around the world, can you just do that any day and there is no specific festival or anything?

Thank you! :-)

Yes Drinking round the world is always possible, and yes F&W festival is once a year as far as I know.

You may be there for a few days of it, if it falls on similar days to 2013?? I think it started on September 27th??

Food & Wine is once a year - usually the last weekend in September to the first or second weekend in November.

Here the official website that will show dates and events.

You may catch the first weekend which is historically one of the busiest so good luck :goodvibes

You can drink around the world anytime - just get a drink from the countries. It's more popular during food & wine as people tick off the wines/beers/other alcoholic beverages from the different booths :thumbsup2

Yes, it's just once a year. Can you not move your dates slightly to make sure you're there while it's on?

So me and DBF have been having a debate on Epcot F&W festival, it's something I love looking at other people's TR's on and I love seeing all their pictures, so we've been talking about it and he says that he doesn't want to waste a full day just eating and it's will cost lots of money? I can see wha he means of it's going to take up most of the day.

So I thought I should ask you fellow Disers if it is a NOT TO MISS festival! Or not worth the day & money.

Oh and I think we will only catch the first weekend of it as we are there from 16th sep - 29th October. So busiest time I'm guessing?

to be honest I don't book a holiday because its on but our holidays do normally fall when it is. We really like wondering around Epcot but we don't use a whole day just for the F&W. It is worth going to have a look and have a nibble here and there, but we do wonder past quite a lot of it if the menu doesn't appeal. If you're there than yes do it and see how you go.:)

We did a full day in Epcot last year for Food and Wine.
Started the day by doing the rides at the front of Epcot & meeting characters.
We then headed across to food & wine from around 2 and carried on making our way around world showcase until illuminations at 9. We walked through the pavilions as we went, watching the shows, browsing through the shops & saw the eat to the beat performance.
The menus are normally posted online ahead of the start of the festival so you can see if anything takes your fancy. We really enjoy food & wine so made a day of it.

We never do full days in any Disney park. If we we were going to the F&WF we would do something like MK in the morning then Epcot for the evening.
I know some people are real fans of it but we just have a walk around and look with the odd drink. Tiny portions of food do not appeal to me, only thing I did try last year was a Kimchi Dog, I expected a whole one, I got a tiny taste, one mouthfull. I am not into paying $4-7 for a mouthfull of food but plenty do.

Thanks wayneg that sounds more like it, plus I can't believe how much money it would cost!

Most of the food from the F&W booths are snack credits, so if you have dining plan, it needn't cost much.

We have missed Food & Wine on our last two August visits. For our October trip I am looking forward to allocating all our snack credits to 'eating around the world' rather than on a load of Goofy Candy to take home!

Yes, its a good option for snack credits if on DDP. Unfortunately we never have been.

You can spend as long or as little time as you want there. If your visiting Epcot's World Showcase anyway then you can combine that with the F&W festival easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter