• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I've never been to F&W before but we're planning on going next year. Does anyone know of any non-alcoholic specialty drinks that are there? Anyone have pictures or descriptions?
I believe that some of the specialty drinks offered at the kiosks can be purchased as a non-alcoholic option. Not all of them but some definitely can be made with or without alcohol. The ones served at the Joffrey's Coffee stands definitely are available either way.

Yay for kid free trips! Yes, I recognized you from the Wine & Dine thread too! It's so hard not to over plan our trip but I have a feeling we are going to enjoy sleeping in too! BUT there's so much to do at Epcot, PLUS all the rides we've been skipping since the kids are still little!

Maybe we'll see you at a last minute tasting!

Rider swap has been or savior on family trips! I have curly red hair so I'm easy to spot! If you see us, say hi!

Congrats :),

I have not heard about mine, I'm a little sad now.

Oh, gosh. Please don't be. The email I received specifically said they are processing in batches. The email was pretty innocuous - "reminder" was the subject line. Keep the faith! Good luck!!!!

What day did you get? I haven't heard anything yet.

I was granted tickets for the first taping on 10/8. As a local, I requested all tapings (not that I'd take them all but didn't know how selection worked & knew you have to confirm). All other dates still show as waiting list. I just wanted to share that they have started processing - have no idea how they go about it. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!

I was granted tickets for the first taping on 10/8. As a local, I requested all tapings (not that I'd take them all but didn't know how selection worked & knew you have to confirm). All other dates still show as waiting list. I just wanted to share that they have started processing - have no idea how they go about it. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!

I requested all tapings as well. We don't live in Orlando, but live within driving distance. My husband has marked off his calendar for those days, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We will be at F&W a couple of other times before it's over. I would really like to see a taping, though.

Do you have to wait to purchase the food festival gift cards on the bracelet until you get there? Hoping you can order them early cuz I'll need to order 12 of them! :(

Do you have to wait to purchase the food festival gift cards on the bracelet until you get there? Hoping you can order them early cuz I'll need to order 12 of them! :(
They have only ever been available to purchase at EPCOT during the actual F & W Festival. You can't even get them elsewhere on property.

Hi,:wave2:

So sorry if this has been discussed before i just can't find the answer.:confused3

Am i understanding correctly that we can use our magic bands to purchase food at the F& W kiosks? We have our cc attached.
Will i also be able to pay down the charge on our cc at our resort say mid week with Disney gift cards we have?

:thanks:

So sorry if this has been discussed before i just can't find the answer.:confused3

Am i understanding correctly that we can use our magic bands to purchase food at the F& W kiosks? We have our cc attached.
Will i also be able to pay down the charge on our cc at our resort say mid week with Disney gift cards we have?

Yes on both questions. Your MB can be used at the kiosks and most everywhere onsit except maybe the small vendors at the parades. Disney will automatically charge your credit card on file when it reaches a certain dollar total. Value resorts it is at $500 , not sure about mod or deluxe.

If memory serves me correctly I used my magic band with cc attached to purchase at food kiosks.
Yes you can stop at the front desk anytime to pay on your account with gift cards, cash, or even a different cc.

Yes on both questions. Your MB can be used at the kiosks and most everywhere onsit except maybe the small vendors at the parades. Disney will automatically charge your credit card on file when it reaches a certain dollar total. Value resorts it is at $500 , not sure about mod or deluxe.
Unless it changed they don't charge it automatically when you hit the stated limit. You have to stop and sign so they can charge your card. Your account balance is then reset to zero. This happened to me while at dinner. I could not charge any more to my account until I stopped at the front desk to settle on previous charges. Fortunately my mother had her wallet with her because all I had was my magic band. Lesson learned :rolleyes1

Please bring a back up method. Or you can be like the VERY upset people I saw on a Friday evening during the Flower Festival when the Tragic Band system failed (yet again!) Those of us with cash or credit card walked right up and bought food. Those with only Tragic Bands whined!

:thanks: so much for all your help. Luckily my hubby will have cash and his cc on him just in case we have a "Tragic Band" LOL:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter