• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Yeah I think it went down for a bit, but haven't noticed anything changed?

Scratch that I think they just put Eat to the Beat packages online. Online booking for this wasn't available yesterday was it?

Has anyone been able to book the Discovery Sampler Package?
I booked it for 11/10! My daughter and I are excited about seeing Hanson! That's probably sad, but I don't care! :love: Does anyone know how long the lines get for their shows? I don't know if we'll go to the other two or not, but figured I'd better be prepared just in case.

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tasting Sampler — NEW!

I was curious about this package for my mother and I so I looked into it. First of all, the concert is a moot point for us since we won't be going anyways. Second, the pin is a nice add-on, but not something I would place any value on. Finally, I looked at it as a way to "pre-pay" for 8 food/beverage options at the booths so I checked further to see if there would be any value in it for us.

Each entitlement has an approximate value (to me) of $7.50. I looked at last year's menus (which contained the prices) and saw that most of the food options are around $3-$6, which would make this a bad deal. Then, I checked out the alcohol prices. Mom will drink some wines while I prefer the mixed drinks and neither of us like beer. I assumed that the alcoholic beverages were NOT included. When I called to book our culinary demo, I asked about this package. The CM was very nice and apologetic because she had to put me on hold several times until she could find someone that had the information I needed. This is what I found out...

1) The alcoholic beverages ARE included:drinking1:cheer2:
2) You can buy the package for ONE person and SHARE the entitlements. This works out great for us since we planned to share the food and drinks anyways.
3) You must select which day you want to use the package and the entitlements are valid on THAT DAY ONLY. There are a limited number of packages being sold for each day. This is a sticking point for us right now because I am not sure yet which day we will be spending the most time at Epcot.

Some things I am not sure about (and I am almost certain that calling would get me nowhere)...Is The Refreshment Port (and other "permanent" booths) included? I'm also wondering about the food "cafe" that is set up at the Festival Center, would that be included?
Good to know about sharing the entitlements--although that would only work if not everyone in your party wanted the reserved seating. If you didn't, I'm not sure it would be worth it to buy the package.

I'm so sad about the cheese seminar--I got to thinking this would be great for me and my husband to do and went to see if I could book it. But it's at 10 am, and our plane doesn't land til 8:30. No way we could make it :(

I was reading (again) about that Premium Package and, wow....Disney has NO CLUE how to handle it:sad2:.

I am toying with the idea of purchasing it since we will arrive at Epcot on Thursday, around noon, and depart Tuesday evening so we would get about 2.5 days out of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they even know what they are selling! I have a few concerns...

1) We already booked a culinary demo (so that we wouldn't get shut out) but it is on Friday. The package implies that it is only valid Mon-Thurs, but it also says it INCLUDES a demo but does not stipulate if that demo must be in the Mon-Thur parameters. There is also no confirmation that the already-booked demo could be attached to the package and refunded.
2) There is confusion about the Illuminations Dessert Party...it is supposedly included, but only offered on Wed and Friday nights. So...can you go to the Friday night offering? Again I'm referencing the Fri-Sun blackout days. Seems like a LOT of people will be at the Wednesday party if it is the only one available to those who purchase the Premium Package.
3) If the culinary demos and Illuminations Dessert Party sell out, how will they compensate those who buy the Premium Package? It seems like if it is INCLUDED, then you should be able to book it. They messed up by opening the reservations for the demos and dessert party BEFORE allowing people to book the premium package. Now, it seems like it is possible to book the package but still get shut out of utilizing what it includes.

I, for one, have no intention of purchasing a $200 package that will get me a bottle of wine, Magic Band, (4) snacks (worth about $30 max) and a shady spot to sit. That seems a bit outrageous. If Disney can straighten this all out before all the events sell out, then I may reconsider it. For now, I will be happy with my $15 culinary demo...and may consider the $59 "Sampler" Plan (since I would split the cost with mom:teeth:))

OK a friend, who lurks but won't bother to register (you know who you are!), wants to know if anyone has ever done a Andrea Robinson seminar. I didn't see many posts about it on here and while I have watched her on TV I have no idea if she's a good presenter (or if 1996 was a good year for wine LOL!)

I attended a champagne and sparkling wine seminar with her back in Telluride, Colorado about three or four years ago. She is very knowledgeable and entertaining, and the pours for the champagnes and sparkling wines were ridiculous (as in huge)! I haven't attended any of her Disney seminars, so I don't know if the pours will be similar, but she is very knowledgeable about wines.

Edited to add: she was pairing the champagnes and sparkling wines with domestic caviars. It was delicious!

I was reading (again) about that Premium Package and, wow....Disney has NO CLUE how to handle it:sad2:.

I am toying with the idea of purchasing it since we will arrive at Epcot on Thursday, around noon, and depart Tuesday evening so we would get about 2.5 days out of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they even know what they are selling! I have a few concerns...

1) We already booked a culinary demo (so that we wouldn't get shut out) but it is on Friday. The package implies that it is only valid Mon-Thurs, but it also says it INCLUDES a demo but does not stipulate if that demo must be in the Mon-Thur parameters. There is also no confirmation that the already-booked demo could be attached to the package and refunded.
2) There is confusion about the Illuminations Dessert Party...it is supposedly included, but only offered on Wed and Friday nights. So...can you go to the Friday night offering? Again I'm referencing the Fri-Sun blackout days. Seems like a LOT of people will be at the Wednesday party if it is the only one available to those who purchase the Premium Package.
3) If the culinary demos and Illuminations Dessert Party sell out, how will they compensate those who buy the Premium Package? It seems like if it is INCLUDED, then you should be able to book it. They messed up by opening the reservations for the demos and dessert party BEFORE allowing people to book the premium package. Now, it seems like it is possible to book the package but still get shut out of utilizing what it includes.

I, for one, have no intention of purchasing a $200 package that will get me a bottle of wine, Magic Band, (4) snacks (worth about $30 max) and a shady spot to sit. That seems a bit outrageous. If Disney can straighten this all out before all the events sell out, then I may reconsider it. For now, I will be happy with my $15 culinary demo...and may consider the $59 "Sampler" Plan (since I would split the cost with mom:teeth:))

I have the same opinion as you regarding paying $200 for something they refuse to Officially explain by putting the details in writing on the website so we know exactly what we are buying into. I've e-mailed several times trying to get something in writing but as I posted earlier I've only gotten useless responses from them. Every person who has reported on this event whether they have booked it or not has been told a different story and from what I've read no one has been able to book a deminar in conjunction with their purchased package or gotten a clear answer about the dessert party. I did the package last year and really want to do it again this year but I can't justify the cost based on the unofficial information being reported. I could book three more special events I'm interested in for that same $200.

So if the package is only valid Mon - Thursday why would they send people to the Friday desert party.

Of course, the desert party is easy to fix. Find an unused location and just set up a special "Premium Event" desert party (with or without the same features as the one you pay for) Viola, desert party requirement met! But the Desert party is currently offered almost nightly during the festival. I could book it any night of my stay!

Sounds like the only seminars you can book are either at 2 or 5 Monday - Thursday so your Friday wouldn't have been covered by the package anyway. I am basing that on reports that those seem to be "locked" for booking at the current time.

But overall I agree, this is just bizarre and I am amazed that people are buying it. I can't wait for the whining when it's not what they 'expected' (And yes, folks Disney does record those calls so you can demand they go listen to them but.. they don't keep them forever so don't be surprised when they say "sorry we can't do that" LOL! )

I attended a champagne and sparkling wine seminar with her back in Telluride, Colorado about three or four years ago. She is very knowledgeable and entertaining, and the pours for the champagnes and sparkling wines were ridiculous (as in huge)! I haven't attended any of her Disney seminars, so I don't know if the pours will be similar, but she is very knowledgeable about wines.

Edited to add: she was pairing the champagnes and sparkling wines with domestic caviars. It was delicious!

Thanks, it's Disney we KNOW the pours will be small!

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Tasting Sampler — NEW!
To celebrate the Epcot Food and Wine Festival’s 20th anniversary, for the first time ever, you can enjoy this sampler package that allows you to Taste Your Way Around the World easier than ever before! You’ll also enjoy priority seating for the 6:45 Eat to the Beat Show!

You’ve wanted that pass to Eat and Drink Your Way Around the World — well, here it is!

This package includes:

• Eight entitlements for food or beverage of your choice at 30 Food and Wine Festival Booths
  • Priority seating at the 6:45 Eat to the Beat Concert on the day the package is purchased
  • Limited release 20th Anniversary pin that comes in 3 different colors
When: Limited amount of packages available daily
Where: Epcot
Pricing: $59, per person, plus tax. Epcot admission required.

I was curious about this package for my mother and I so I looked into it. First of all, the concert is a moot point for us since we won't be going anyways. Second, the pin is a nice add-on, but not something I would place any value on. Finally, I looked at it as a way to "pre-pay" for 8 food/beverage options at the booths so I checked further to see if there would be any value in it for us.

Each entitlement has an approximate value (to me) of $7.50. I looked at last year's menus (which contained the prices) and saw that most of the food options are around $3-$6, which would make this a bad deal. Then, I checked out the alcohol prices. Mom will drink some wines while I prefer the mixed drinks and neither of us like beer. I assumed that the alcoholic beverages were NOT included. When I called to book our culinary demo, I asked about this package. The CM was very nice and apologetic because she had to put me on hold several times until she could find someone that had the information I needed. This is what I found out...

1) The alcoholic beverages ARE included:drinking1:cheer2:
2) You can buy the package for ONE person and SHARE the entitlements. This works out great for us since we planned to share the food and drinks anyways.
3) You must select which day you want to use the package and the entitlements are valid on THAT DAY ONLY. There are a limited number of packages being sold for each day. This is a sticking point for us right now because I am not sure yet which day we will be spending the most time at Epcot.

Some things I am not sure about (and I am almost certain that calling would get me nowhere)...Is The Refreshment Port (and other "permanent" booths) included? I'm also wondering about the food "cafe" that is set up at the Festival Center, would that be included?

I think you should probably anticipate that the higher end beverage offerings like the Dom Perignon and the flights will not be included.

So if the package is only valid Mon - Thursday why would they send people to the Friday desert party.

What they mean about the premium package is that you will only have access to the premium areas in WS on Monday-Thursday. So they want you to purchase it on a day where you will get at least one day's use out of the areas. I think it is entirely possible that if they include an Illuminations party you might have a choice of one on a Friday.

Caveat emptor - I'm getting the impression that those who have already purchased the package have a very good idea why they purchased it. It's those on the fence who will need more info. Why they released this without having the info together, and with so many persons getting different info as to what it actually includes, I have no idea.

Last edited:

I have the same opinion. And, as long as people buy the premium package without the details having been officially announced, Disney will have no motivation to work out details of events and packages before taking reservations. It seems like they're even more unorganized than last year, if that's possible. I do hope, for the benefit of those who have bought the package already, that it works out to be worthwhile. For those who bought it for the reserved eating spots, it sounds like it's worthwhile for them since they know what is important for them.

Last edited:
OK a friend, who lurks but won't bother to register (you know who you are!), wants to know if anyone has ever done a Andrea Robinson seminar. I didn't see many posts about it on here and while I have watched her on TV I have no idea if she's a good presenter (or if 1996 was a good year for wine LOL!)

We attended a wine seminar with Andrea Robinson a few years ago at F&W on Pinot Noirs and loved it. We continue to seek out some of the wines we sampled that day. I've also followed Andrea Robinson online. She is very knowledgeable and prides herself on explaining things well. I felt she was an excellent presenter and very personable. The pours were decent too.

I've been disappointed the last few years because our plans didn't coincide with her being at F&W. This year we were not planning to go to go to F&W. Last week I read that Andrea Robinson was doing the "Boot Camp" with all 1996 wines and we had the weekend free so we decided to go to F&W. I jumped on getting a reservation the day reservations opened for Disney Visa cardholders and was surprised to not see any discussion of the seminar here. My one disappointment is that we can't get in until Friday afternoon so we will miss her Deminar earlier that day. We are also doing the Artisinal Cheese and Beer seminar (wish it were wine) and 2 Deminars.

We attended a wine seminar with Andrea Robinson a few years ago at F&W on Pinot Noirs and loved it. We continue to seek out some of the wines we sampled that day. I've also followed Andrea Robinson online. She is very knowledgeable and prides herself on explaining things well. I felt she was an excellent presenter and very personable. The pours were decent too.

I've been disappointed the last few years because our plans didn't coincide with her being at F&W. This year we were not planning to go to go to F&W. Last week I read that Andrea Robinson was doing the "Boot Camp" with all 1996 wines and we had the weekend free so we decided to go to F&W. I jumped on getting a reservation the day reservations opened for Disney Visa cardholders and was surprised to not see any discussion of the seminar here. My one disappointment is that we can't get in until Friday afternoon so we will miss her Deminar earlier that day. We are also doing the Artisinal Cheese and Beer seminar (wish it were wine) and 2 Deminars.

Thanks my friend hasn't gotten around to booking so I will let you know if she can get reservations.

I keep reading how some posters can't understand how others can book the premium package without knowing the details. There are some of us where the premium areas to sit and have runners are worth the package price. That is my case, I enjoyed the areas last year and I booked it based on that , everything else is a bonus to me. Others may have a different opinion but don't bash people who booked it already as some of us have our own reasons and how I spend my hard earned money is my choice others have a choice how to spend theirs that is great but this is how I choose to spend mine.

Hey if you are willing to pay $200 for just the premium areas and you don't care what else is offered, go for it. It's entirely possible there is somebody out there who is willing to pay the $200 just to get their hands on the magic band.

But Disney should not be releasing something to book without providing correct detail about EVERYTHING that is available.

But Disney should not be releasing something to book without providing correct detail about EVERYTHING that is available.

This is exactly the point (and the only point) that bothers me so much, as well as the fact that this keeps happening with events! I don't care what other people spend their money on, but this affected my own choices.

Last edited:
I keep reading how some posters can't understand how others can book the premium package without knowing the details. There are some of us where the premium areas to sit and have runners are worth the package price. That is my case, I enjoyed the areas last year and I booked it based on that , everything else is a bonus to me. Others may have a different opinion but don't bash people who booked it already as some of us have our own reasons and how I spend my hard earned money is my choice others have a choice how to spend theirs that is great but this is how I choose to spend mine.

I personally am not bashing those who have already booked. I realize everyone is different in which features of the package are important to them. I personally need to be able to justify to myself that the value is there in what I'm being asked to pay based on the total package being provided to me. This is why the Sampler Package being offered isn't a good deal for me. I really enjoyed the concierge service aspect of the Premium Package last year once I made use of it but it wasn't the major reason I booked the package. But that being said I don't consider that to be worth what they are asking for it. I truly think they should be including at least $50 worth of food entitlements since they apparently have eliminated the $50 gift card this year. If the Dessert Party isn't included I definitely can't see what they are offering this year to make up for the $79 party with food that was also part of the package last year, one $15 unknown deminar doesn't even come close. A deminar & the Dessert Party then maybe. Since there are still so many variables out there I want to know exactly what I'm getting before I spend my hard earned money on this package. My mother has zero interest in the dessert party because she liked the Late Night Live Party format & didn't enjoy either the 3D Dessert party or the Wishes Dessert Party so she isn't even interested at all if it's not like last year.

Disney has not been magical at the food and wine booking line today, I've called 4 times now to book something and each time i'm told call back in 2 hours when IT fixes it in our systems...yet its still not fixed or bookable :/

I booked it for 11/10! My daughter and I are excited about seeing Hanson! That's probably sad, but I don't care! :love: Does anyone know how long the lines get for their shows? I don't know if we'll go to the other two or not, but figured I'd better be prepared just in case
Last year, it poured rain for our whole trip. There was a hurricane in Mexico causing all the bad weather. DD and I were at Epcot to see Hanson (end of Sept). Somewhere around 4pm we checked the Hanson line and it was very long. They had the line roped into a zig-zag like the bus lines outside Epcot, and it went all the way to the Italy Pavilion (next door). I noticed a well-dressed man with a Disney name tag and asked if he knew whether the Hanson concert was going to be held in the current bad weather. He said the first show was cancelled, and the line I saw was for the second show (6:45). Those poor people in line were going to wait in the downpour more than 2 hours for the second show (which might get cancelled, too). We didn't stick around much longer, as the rain was relentless and we were soaked after so many hours outdoors.

So, yes, Hanson has a good following at Epcot.

Bonus Hanson info: Earlier in the day we stopped by the F&W Festival Center to buy Hanson's MmmHops beer. That's when we learned that Hanson had been there at 10AM, at the very spot where we were standing, for an MmmHops beer promo & meet-and-greet. My advice to you is to stop by the Festival Center early on Hanson's first day, and try to get info if Hanson will be stopping by to promote their beer. You might get a "pixie dust" answer. Good luck!

I 100% agree! I have worked hard my entire life and if I want to be pamper while on vacation, whose business is that but mine? I cheat no one, take advantage of no one, and in general am a really good person. I stay CL, and go to Disney as often as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter