• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

Does Disney eventually fill in the TBD spots on the online versions of their official event calendars for the $15 seminars/demonstrations or is this something you won't find out until day-of?

Does Disney eventually fill in the TBD spots on the online versions of their official event calendars for the $15 seminars/demonstrations or is this something you won't find out until day-of?

They do usually update the PDF files at some point. I just tried to find a date on the current versions but it isn't printed on the pages like it was in the past or part of the current file name. Last year it took them a long time to make the updates. I'm not on my computer right now so I can't check further into the actual files to see if there's a date buried somewhere.

I called first thing this morning and got most of the seminars I wanted but a few "weren't showing up". I called back just now and the ones I couldn't get were now in the system and available. The CM said there were quite a few seminars that weren't loaded initially, but they're there now.

I just saw the same thing on the member web site. It really steams me that things like this can't be announced earlier. DVC knows we book our timeshares 11 months in advance. DVC resorts near Epcot fill up fast during F&W, so it would be impossible to switch reservations at this point. Had I known there was a special booking option for a specific PFTS, it would have influenced the dates we booked for our trip. It's too late to do anything about that now. So this becomes a perk only for the members who were already planning to be there on October 3rd.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a rant there. I'm generally confused by Disney's entire F&W philosophy. For an event that's grown so popular (and certainly makes them a great deal of money), I can't believe it's so poorly managed. Everything seems to be finalized at the very last second. Heck, they should already be making final arrangements for the 2016 festival, much less announcing things for the one that starts in a few months.

I so agree! We are leaving on the 1st. If I had known about this, I would have extended our stay.

Had a crazy morning and wasn't able to call until 12:00 (ET). There was no wait. Luckily I only wanted the 1:00pm culinary demo on September 25. So I guess that Andrea Robinson isn't that popular. I was able to get 4 tickets. The CM was very helpful, but had a difficult time with the reservation. A hint to everyone, make sure they enter your information (including TIW, AP, or DVC number) before looking. That Made the demo go from unavailable to available.

I called around 6:10 PST this morning. System said I had a 59 minute wait, so I left my phone on speaker and showered, fed the animals, and was getting my lunch for work together when the CM answered. Actual hold was only 42 minutes (glad I took the shower first thing!). The CM was very helpful and found exactly what I was looking for. Got tickets for both mixology and beverage seminars I was interested in. Looking forward to next Tuesday (hopefully) morning now; will undoubtedly spend the weekend prioritizing and reprioritizing by event selections.

I really hope information about the special Chase cardholder events comes out soon. The tour sounds very interesting.

Has anyone found any information about the Japanese Craft Beer event?

Just got off the phone with DVC Member services, they are booking 10/3 Party of the Senses today for Members. No other bookings.

Do we (Also a DVC member here) call DVC to book the culinary seminars?

Also, am I the only one who was eligible to book today who hasn't booked yet? I'm looking at 10?20-23, and I don't see anything overwhelmingly terrific. So it really doesn't matter too much what I get. I'm thinking of just waiting a few days, and pretty much taking one of what's still available then. Anyone else?

Also just got the two seminars I wanted that were not showing up this morning. Call was picked up immediately after all the prerecorded announcements played. I am beginning to think that waiting on the phone for an hour for the DVC/TIW/AP discounts is silly. I can probably get what I want by calling after "rush hour". Now that is not true for next Thursday's open booking-calling early is the only way to get what you want!

I think you need to call DVC to book the special PFTS on 10/3. I just called the regular dining line to book a seminar. I had to tell the CM he needed to input my membership # to get the discount. He apparently needed to find out how to do that since he put me on hold for a minute. I only booked one beverage seminar today as I need to book my premium events before I know what else I can fit in around that schedule. I don't really find it to be an advantage to be able to book the seminars prior to the other events. If I didn't want to book anything other than the seminars then I'd appreciate the opportunity to book early.

The Disney Food Blog is reporting that Chase Disney Visa Cardmembers can book all Food and Wine Festival Events beginning on July 28th -

Chase Disney Visa Cardmembers will be able to book ALL Food and Wine Festival Events beginning at 7:00AM on Tuesday, July 28th. This includes Special Events such as the Party for the Senses and the brand new Rockin’ Burger Block Party as well as Low-Cost Seminars and Demonstrations.

For complete details on all the events to choose from, be sure to visit our Low-Cost Seminars and Demonstrations Page as well as our Special Events Page.

Please keep in mind that a limited number of seats will be released for the pre-booking opportunity, and as far as we know Cardmembers must have a Chase DISNEY Visa. All details are subject to change, but this is very similar to last year’s early booking offer. Interested Cardmembers must
call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378) to book events beginning at 7:00AM on July 28th.

Just found this info regarding the special events for Chase Disney Visa Card holders:

• Brews, Breakfast and More
    Experience the versatility of beer with a hearty three-course breakfast that uses beer as an ingredient and a pairing. Learn about innovative beer styles and brewing processes that date back to ancient Babylon and Egypt.
    Event Date: September 28, 2015 from 8:30 am – 10:30 am
    Price: $89 per guest + tax*
    In honor of the 20th Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, Brewmasters from the Florida Beer Company will present Passport 20 Belgian Tripel Ale. This complex beer features 20 ingredients to celebrate 20 years, including 11 ingredients representing each of the countries in World Showcase at Epcot® and one special ingredient to represent the State of Florida. Enjoy this distinctive brew along with delectable dishes like liquid-nitrogen-fried “smoking” s’mores cereal and more.

• The Making of Party for the Senses
    Discover how this popular tasting event comes alive through the culinary team that makes it all happen. Enjoy lunch with paired beverages in the Wine View Lounge while the creators give you a glimpse at their behind-the-scenes magic.
    Event Date: October 27, 2015 from 12 pm – 1:30 pm
    Price: $125 per guest + tax*
    Satisfy your senses with plated dishes that include Malbec demi-braised pork chops with shaved truffles, a microgreen salad, roasted corn button dessert and more. Afterwards, treat yourself to a dessert station filled with creations from our pastry chefs.

• The Creation of Food & Wine Marketplaces
    Enjoy breakfast with a sparkling wine toast on the promenade and meet with a Festival Chef, Beverage Professional and Imagineer as they give you a sneak peek at what goes into the creation of each Marketplace and its menu delights.
    Event Date: November 9, 2015 from 8 am – 9:30 am
    Price: $99 per guest + tax*
    Start your day with beef tenderloin and Yukon Gold hash, topped with eggs and whipped Hollandaise, and paired with maple-cured pork belly and onion jam. Top the morning off with a New England lobster roll, a taste from the Hops and Barley marketplace and more.

You have to log in to your Chase Account & look at the limited time offers.

As of 5PM on 7/24 Cat Cora on 10/17 @ 5PM is sold out.

Wonder if they're sold out of today's allotment and if they held back any for next week, or if they really are totally sold out. Anyway, glad I got our tickets this morning!

Do we (Also a DVC member here) call DVC to book the culinary seminars?

Also, am I the only one who was eligible to book today who hasn't booked yet? I'm looking at 10?20-23, and I don't see anything overwhelmingly terrific. So it really doesn't matter too much what I get. I'm thinking of just waiting a few days, and pretty much taking one of what's still available then. Anyone else?

I booked a couple mainly because the friend who is going with be has never done F&W before and wanted to do a couple demos. I really did not see anything I was crazy about, and we are going to be there around the same time you are.

Just found this info regarding the special events for Chase Disney Visa Card holders:

Just received an e-mail from Chase regarding these events. Unfortunately for me, my trip does not coincide with any of these events. :(

Experience the versatility of beer with a hearty three-course breakfast that uses beer as an ingredient and a pairing. Learn about innovative beer styles and brewing processes that date back to ancient Babylon and Egypt.
    Event Date: September 28, 2015 from 8:30 am – 10:30 am
    Price: $89 per guest + tax*
    In honor of the 20th Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival, Brewmasters from the Florida Beer Company will present Passport 20 Belgian Tripel Ale. This complex beer features 20 ingredients to celebrate 20 years, including 11 ingredients representing each of the countries in World Showcase at Epcot® and one special ingredient to represent the State of Florida. Enjoy this distinctive brew along with delectable dishes like liquid-nitrogen-fried “smoking” s’mores cereal and more.

Discover how this popular tasting event comes alive through the culinary team that makes it all happen. Enjoy lunch with paired beverages in the Wine View Lounge while the creators give you a glimpse at their behind-the-scenes magic.
    Event Date: October 27, 2015 from 12 pm – 1:30 pm
    Price: $125 per guest + tax*
    Satisfy your senses with plated dishes that include Malbec demi-braised pork chops with shaved truffles, a microgreen salad, roasted corn button dessert and more. Afterwards, treat yourself to a dessert station filled with creations from our pastry chefs.

Enjoy breakfast with a sparkling wine toast on the promenade and meet with a Festival Chef, Beverage Professional and Imagineer as they give you a sneak peek at what goes into the creation of each Marketplace and its menu delights.
    Event Date: November 9, 2015 from 8 am – 9:30 am
    Price: $99 per guest + tax*
    Start your day with beef tenderloin and Yukon Gold hash, topped with eggs and whipped Hollandaise, and paired with maple-cured pork belly and onion jam. Top the morning off with a New England lobster roll, a taste from the Hops and Barley marketplace and more.

Just got an e-mail from Disney Visa Rewards with all of the above info and stating that advanced booking will be available on both July 28 and 29. It says to "Use your Disney Visa® Card to book your special events today" (obviously not today, but next week, though). "For two days, on Tuesday, July 28 and Wednesday, July 29, Cardmembers will enjoy an advanced booking opportunity for festival events before sales open to the general public on July 30. Visit epcotfoodfestival.com for a complete list of event details, dates and pricing. " It did not give times for advanced booking and I assume that will be on Disney's F&W page eventually.

Just received an e-mail from Chase regarding these events. Unfortunately for me, my trip does not coincide with any of these events. :(

Just got an e-mail from Disney Visa Rewards with all of the above info and stating that advanced booking will be available on both July 28 and 29. It says to "Use your Disney Visa® Card to book your special events today" (obviously not today, but next week, though). "For two days, on Tuesday, July 28 and Wednesday, July 29, Cardmembers will enjoy an advanced booking opportunity for festival events before sales open to the general public on July 30. Visit epcotfoodfestival.com for a complete list of event details, dates and pricing. " It did not give times for advanced booking and I assume that will be on Disney's F&W page eventually.

I got the e-mail from chase too shortly after I posted the info.

Where can I purchase the ebook about the 2015 Food and Wine Festival? A few people mentioned having one, and I'd like to buy one for my dad for our upcoming trip. He has a Kindle but Amazon only had one listed from 2014.

I got the e-mail from chase too shortly after I posted the info.
I received the email also. Is the phone number that they give, which is different from the usual phone numbers, applicable to the early booking on the 28th for all events, or just the special Chase food and wine events? If I could call a different phone number on the 28th and not have to be in a queue for an hour, I would be ecstatic.

I received the email also. Is the phone number that they give, which is different from the usual phone numbers, applicable to the early booking on the 28th for all events, or just the special Chase food and wine events? If I could call a different phone number on the 28th and not have to be in a queue for an hour, I would be ecstatic.
I called it and got "welcome to the Walt Disney world resort your call may be monitored, etc... Now what can help you with?" From the computer. I'm guessing that's the normal phone answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter