EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I thought I would tell you my experience. I called tonight to book the premium package. I was able to book it and my ISDP for October 1. We already had some deminars booked. They allowed me to cancel one deminar per person in my party since these details came out after I booked. I was told that you CANNOT send the swag bags to guest services. I was told that you could get a locker (which seems ridiculous to me) or carry it out. Each person in the party has to come to get their bag. Also, Lori (the super nice CM who helped me) said that they are not booking the deminars right now. There are issues with booking it right now. Before I could ask if it is the same deminars or not and what happens if one is sold out, my phone dropped the call. I guess I will be calling back to find out more about that.

I did check my MDE and my package is already showing on the night I chose the ISDP for. I think that is everything I found out. Hopefully, someone finds something out about the deminars!

Seriously. I wouldn't hold your breath.
I just went thru this "forgotten promise to call me back" with the vaunted Victoria & Albert's.
IMO Disney is becoming unreliable in this regard. "We'll contact you" reads like an excuse to end a call, when they don't know how to answer one's specific questions. I would keep calling back, over and over, and asking the same question, over and over, until you get an answer that makes sense and is satisfactory.
I have to make the same call about the party and the deminar. I'm dreading it.
I am sorry to say I had those feelings and planned on calling at 7 in the morning.

How much I get card is very dependent on a few things for me -

Disney seems to always card me when I'm solo at the Flower & Garden Booths or Food & Wine Booths. If I am with my husband, we usually are no longer carded (or at least haven't been for the past 4 years).

At the special events - I've never been carded at the Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining, Party of the Senses, 3D Dessert Party or Taste, Shake & Indulge with or without my husband. At the events at the Festival Center - again its dependent on if I'm with my husband or mother or not.

I'm glad they think I have a young face then :)

At the margarita booth this past February, my friend who is older than me and I were in line to get a drink. She had an older Florida license (pre them adding the Star on it by the ID Number in 2010) and they refused to serve her as they didn't believe it was real. They took my license though and let me by.

Its always better to have it just in case you are someone that gets carded some at home.

I didn't mean not to have your ID, I always have mine as I need it for discounts but in your previous post you implied people are carded more often or not . I am always solo and never get carded to be quite honest it would make my day if I was!

I thought I would tell you my experience. I called tonight to book the premium package. I was able to book it and my ISDP for October 1. We already had some deminars booked. They allowed me to cancel one deminar per person in my party since these details came out after I booked. I was told that you CANNOT send the swag bags to guest services. I was told that you could get a locker (which seems ridiculous to me) or carry it out. Each person in the party has to come to get their bag. Also, Lori (the super nice CM who helped me) said that they are not booking the deminars right now. There are issues with booking it right now. Before I could ask if it is the same deminars or not and what happens if one is sold out, my phone dropped the call. I guess I will be calling back to find out more about that.

I did check my MDE and my package is already showing on the night I chose the ISDP for. I think that is everything I found out. Hopefully, someone finds something out about the deminars!

So I guess it is okay to carry wine around this year or maybe they are making an exception for the Premium Package I think I will go pick mine up early on Monday and since I am staying at the Boardwalk I will take it back to my room and head back to Epcot later in the day.

I am not sure where the 'you can't carry wine around' comes from. I have always been allowed to take my wine from the France Pavilion to wherever.

Hopefully they will pack it well for you.

I thought I would tell you my experience. I called tonight to book the premium package. I was able to book it and my ISDP for October 1.
Did you have to reserve the dessert party above and beyond reserving the Premium Package, or was it just automatically included for that date? Thanks.

We just so happened to plan our trip, then find out that this was going on. We are luckily bringing my parents-they will be taking the kids for an afternoon, I'm pretty sure we will be spending it here--the food choices look too amazing to pass up!

I am not sure where the 'you can't carry wine around' comes from. I have always been allowed to take my wine from the France Pavilion to wherever.

Hopefully they will pack it well for you.

Last year at Food and Wine, if you bought wine at the festival center or at any of the countries you had to have it sent to package pick up at the front of the park or to the international gateway, they would not let you carry it out. If you weren't going to be in the park for another 3 hours (the time it took you package to get to pickup) you couldn't buy it.

This has not been my experience. I've bought bottles of wine at the Festival Center and have always taken them with me.

So I booked the Discovery Sampler package...anyone else have to have a time set? The CM put down something like 6:45pm(she said while confirming it at the end and I could barely hear her). Earlier she said she has to put a time despite the fact that it's all day. I shouldn't have a problem picking up my stuff earlier in the day, right?
The 6:45 time is for the concert seating, the CM who made my reservation clarified that it would show up that way, but that we could pick up our package entitlements anytime that day--I asked because we won't be there until later in the afternoon.

Agreed- that was my understanding as well. Plus, there's no way I could redeem all those vouchers in a few hours- I'll NEED the whole day to walk it off.
I'm a little worried about this! :)

Did you have to reserve the dessert party above and beyond reserving the Premium Package, or was it just automatically included for that date? Thanks.

She asked which day I wanted and that is the date we chose. I also asked about deminar, but was told those were not ready for booking yet.

I just got off the phone to reserve the Premium Package. I was told that I would be contacted in the next few days about scheduling the Dessert Party and the Deminar because they weren't in the system yet. I was also able to get in to the Tequila Lunch! I was out of town last week when bookings opened, so I was worried it would be sold out. So yay!! :)

I just got off the phone to reserve the Premium Package. I was told that I would be contacted in the next few days about scheduling the Dessert Party and the Deminar because they weren't in the system yet. I was also able to get in to the Tequila Lunch! I was out of town last week when bookings opened, so I was worried it would be sold out. So yay!! :)
I just booked our premium package and this was what the CM told me as well.

The CMs not knowing any information about the booking of the desert part and the deminar makes me nervous. Does that mean that the one I booked is not correct? It is crazy that they do not know the information yet. What happens if the deminar you want sells out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter