• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

I would think the Eat to the Beat Dining package would get first 'dibs" on the seats so one check in for them. Maybe the sampler and the FP go together?

Wonder if this is coming to Candlelight Processional this winter.

The Sampler Package was sold as including the priority seating in a reserved area as part of the price that was prepaid, too. Problem is if we were to call to ask, there is no one who would know. I would not be getting in line a long time ahead for a seat since I've prepaid for a guaranteed seat in a certain (who knows where area)! Actually, most of the concerts are not worth that anyway.

Since the FP is rolling out for the concerts I am skipping the dining package, as for 2 dining credits I would rather go to Le Cellier or Yachtsman.

There is absolutely no need to waste a FP on Eat to the Beat

...Especially if you're going to be there the week Wilson Phillips performs. I don't think people will be lining up super early just to hear an hour of "Hold On"

PS If I offended any Wilson Phillips fans, I'm sorry.

I had a revelation and wanted to get thoughts from you experienced F&W participants. Is there a reason #2 is a bad idea? We wouldn't "drink ourselves silly" by any means
We will stay all day at Epcot on Thursday.
For Friday, Saturday and Sunday, should we
1 - (original plan)
Hit AK/MK/HS in the mornings using our FP for rides.
Head to the resort (BC), rest a bit
Head to Epcot for F&W, staying till close.

2 - (my revelation I had today)
Sleep in a bit, head to Epcot about 10 or so each day
Eat/drink/tour till 4-5
Head to another park to use FP to do some rides.

Only park #2 doesn't work for is AK. Either we'd do it in the morning as currently planned or leave Epcot earlier. I'd just skip it but we've missed EE the last 2 trips because DGD wouldn't ride it. We want to ride it if we can get ourselves our there

I had a revelation and wanted to get thoughts from you experienced F&W participants. Is there a reason #2 is a bad idea? We wouldn't "drink ourselves silly" by any means
1 - (original plan)

Eat/drink/tour till 4-5

Only park #2 doesn't work for is AK. Either we'd do it in the morning as currently planned or leave Epcot earlier. I'd just skip it but we've missed EE the last 2 trips because DGD wouldn't ride it. We want to ride it if we can get ourselves our there

The earlier you arrive to the food booths on the weekends (Fri-Sun) the better. the lines start out not too awful at 11am, and just build to terrible. The walkways become so congested. We said we would never go back to Epcot on a Saturday during Food and Wine again, but then we always tend to book something (deminar, lunch, etc) and are reminded why we say we won't go back. So yes, go early, stay as long as you can handle it, then move on to the other parks to use your FP+. We've never gone on a Sunday, but I would guess that maybe (just maybe) the lines at the booths might be not as bad at night as on Fri/Sat since locals may not want to stay out too late having to go to work in the morning. I would say maybe do AK early on Sunday for that reason.

OK, help. There are 103 pages here. We are going on a trip with two couples, no kids the 2nd week in October. We have never been to Food and Wine. I don't even know where to start here. I don't know if I should be reserving any kind of event. I don't know what is the best time of day or night to go. I don't know how many nights/days I should give up of the rest of my trip for this. We do love epcot so tend to spend a decent amount of time strolling through there anyway.

I'll try to help.

I don't know if I should be reserving any kind of event.
Personally, I don't reserve any of the events. I just love visiting the booths and enjoying what they have to offer. If you read about something that really interests you then by all means book it.

I don't know what is the best time of day or night to go.
Generally speaking, Monday-Thursday will be less crowded than Friday-Sunday. That being said:
Any day the lines will be lower right when the World Showcase (and booths) open at 11 a.m. Crowds and lines will build from there. However, I must add that I never thought the wait was too long at any time Monday-Thursday. The main slow down seems to be at the cash registers, but they have multiple registers at each booth.

Since I have avoided the festival on weekends in the past I can't report on them first-hand. But I've read that, again, if you go right at 11 a.m. and plan to leave by 1 p.m.-ish it's not terrible.

I don't know how many nights/days I should give up of the rest of my trip for this.
My trips are usually around ten days, and I try to spend part of almost every day at Epcot visiting the F&W booths. There are around 30 booths. How many booths you'll be able to visit each day or night will depend on if you're sharing or not. I go solo and if I visit 5-6 booths and that's a meal for me. If you're sharing, you'll have smaller portions at each booth so you can probably visit more booths in one day/night.

There may be some booths that don't interest you. With four people it's probably unlikely that no one in the group will not be interested in any booth. But I know the New Zealand booth doesn't seem to ever have anything I want.

I always have either an annual pass or a hopper - so I can and do hop. I might start the day at Epcot and go to F&W as soon as the booths open, have lunch by grazing at the booths, then hop somewhere else. Other days I start my day at another park and hop over to Epcot in the afternoon to enjoy dinner at the booths and IllumiNations. Helpful hint: If you're hopping from MK or AK over to Epcot for F&W, don't take the Epcot transportation. Take the bus to either Beach Club or BoardWalk then enter at the World Showcase entrance. That way you don't have to walk all through Future World. If you're hopping from DHS, take the boat.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions I'm sure someone here can answer them.

Yes, wines from the booths are at the Festival Center, and maybe others, too. There seemed to be a nice selection. Possibly also the beers, too. We found the Hanson Mmmhops Beer there.

Last year our alcohol purchases had to be sent to the exit gate for pickup later. We couldn't take them out of the Festival Center bldg. So you might time your purchases so that you don't buy and then want to pick up your package immediately. I don't know how much time to allow before pickup. And your alcohol purchases can't be sent back to the hotel by package delivery. Disney rule of no food or drink delivered thru package delivery service.

When I've purchased vodka from Norway, they said to allow at least three hours for the package to be available at package pickup. It might be available earlier, but I wouldn't count on it.

The earlier you arrive to the food booths on the weekends (Fri-Sun) the better. the lines start out not too awful at 11am, and just build to terrible. The walkways become so congested. We said we would never go back to Epcot on a Saturday during Food and Wine again, but then we always tend to book something (deminar, lunch, etc) and are reminded why we say we won't go back. So yes, go early, stay as long as you can handle it, then move on to the other parks to use your FP+. We've never gone on a Sunday, but I would guess that maybe (just maybe) the lines at the booths might be not as bad at night as on Fri/Sat since locals may not want to stay out too late having to go to work in the morning. I would say maybe do AK early on Sunday for that reason.
Thanks. Great points. Next year we will make changes to our vacation time so we can hit F&W during the week. 2 WDW trips and a DL trip took most of vacation days

Thanks. Great points. Next year we will make changes to our vacation time so we can hit F&W during the week. 2 WDW trips and a DL trip took most of vacation days

I hear ya! I know that if I could only go for a long weekend, I would still go and make it work! As long as you go in knowing what to expect, you will be just fine. Just be patient and enjoy!

1 - (original plan)

Eat/drink/tour till 4-5

Our plan is the same as your #1. I know it goes against of the advice here but we like being there at night vs during the day. The atmosphere is more "festive" at night. The way our vacation dates fell this year we are only there for the first weekend. Since we go in September and it can still be really hot. We like going at night since it helps with the temperatures and we have more of an appetite. We are expecting it to be crowded but we don't mind standing in the food booth lines and find that the food is fresher then. Last year we went right at 11am and found the food had been sitting there waiting for the 11am mark. We do have an ADR for Saturday night just in case so we don't have to rely on the booths 100%.

Our plan is the same as your #1. I know it goes against of the advice here but we like being there at night vs during the day. The atmosphere is more "festive" at night. The way our vacation dates fell this year we are only there for the first weekend. Since we go in September and it can still be really hot. We like going at night since it helps with the temperatures and we have more of an appetite. We are expecting it to be crowded but we don't mind standing in the food booth lines and find that the food is fresher then. Last year we went right at 11am and found the food had been sitting there waiting for the 11am mark. We do have an ADR for Saturday night just in case so we don't have to rely on the booths 100%.
Thanks. That is some good things to think about. I'm not sure my plan will work out anyway.
I was moving FP last night when I noticed everything closes too early, not just AK. I came up with the plan thinking about hours I'm used to (summer) where you have AK till 7:00, HS till 9:00 (or later) and MK till midnight (or later).
MK has parties on both Friday and Sunday nights, so no FP after 6:30 and then AK closing at 6:00 and HS at 7:00 makes it pretty hard too. So option 1 may be the only viable option. DH has said he does want to do some rides at each park, though for the most part it's just rides we can FP so that is good at least.

I would do a hypri
1 - (original plan)

Eat/drink/tour till 4-5

I would do a hybrid. Friday and Sunday , plan 1 Saturday, plan 2

I'll try to help.

Personally, I don't reserve any of the events. I just love visiting the booths and enjoying what they have to offer. If you read about something that really interests you then by all means book it.

Generally speaking, Monday-Thursday will be less crowded than Friday-Sunday. That being said:
Any day the lines will be lower right when the World Showcase (and booths) open at 11 a.m. Crowds and lines will build from there. However, I must add that I never thought the wait was too long at any time Monday-Thursday. The main slow down seems to be at the cash registers, but they have multiple registers at each booth.

Since I have avoided the festival on weekends in the past I can't report on them first-hand. But I've read that, again, if you go right at 11 a.m. and plan to leave by 1 p.m.-ish it's not terrible.

My trips are usually around ten days, and I try to spend part of almost every day at Epcot visiting the F&W booths. There are around 30 booths. How many booths you'll be able to visit each day or night will depend on if you're sharing or not. I go solo and if I visit 5-6 booths and that's a meal for me. If you're sharing, you'll have smaller portions at each booth so you can probably visit more booths in one day/night.

There may be some booths that don't interest you. With four people it's probably unlikely that no one in the group will not be interested in any booth. But I know the New Zealand booth doesn't seem to ever have anything I want.

I always have either an annual pass or a hopper - so I can and do hop. I might start the day at Epcot and go to F&W as soon as the booths open, have lunch by grazing at the booths, then hop somewhere else. Other days I start my day at another park and hop over to Epcot in the afternoon to enjoy dinner at the booths and IllumiNations. Helpful hint: If you're hopping from MK or AK over to Epcot for F&W, don't take the Epcot transportation. Take the bus to either Beach Club or BoardWalk then enter at the World Showcase entrance. That way you don't have to walk all through Future World. If you're hopping from DHS, take the boat.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions I'm sure someone here can answer them.

When I've purchased vodka from Norway, they said to allow at least three hours for the package to be available at package pickup. It might be available earlier, but I wouldn't count on it.
This post 8s extremely helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time.

Do you guys know when we can expect the prices for the items to come out? Just trying to plan my budget :)

(Sorry if this has already been asked)

Do you guys know when we can expect the prices for the items to come out? Just trying to plan my budget :)

Maybe as early as the soft opening on the 24th. I'm going on the 25th, and hope to post some pics of the price boards. As the night goes on, I make no promises about the focus or orientation of my photos. Lol

This post 8s extremely helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time.

My pleasure. There are so many people here with so much more experience than I have, I like when I can help!

The PP is sooo right on this. Honestly, like the day after the soft opening or a couple of days afterwards, one of the blogs will post photos of the actual menu boards. That will show the price and what's available as a DDP snack credit. In the past all food items have been available with a snack credit. However, I think last year there was a price increase or two a bit after the event began. Like a couple of things went up by a quarter or something.

What I do is set up a spreadsheet in my trip planning Excel workbook with the booth name, food item and price of everything I want to try. Just so I can get an idea of what the basic cost is. Of course, there will be things I have to have more than once, like the Singapore chicken and the Argentina/Patagonia beef on a stick. I just couldn't get enough of those. Oh, and the Africa beef...o.k. I need to stop.

Opinions please:flower3:!

We arrive on a Thursday morning and plan to be at Epcot between noon and 1pm. Our flight lands at 10am and we are taking DME to Pop Century, dropping our bags and heading to Epcot. Mom is a bit...shall we say..."frugal":D, but she has been to Disney and understands that it is pricey. That being said, I really want her to enjoy her first F&W Festival without experiencing too much "sticker shock". Dad has arranged all the financial stuff and has allowed for a very generous food budget ($400 for 5 days...just mom!) and mom has not looked at it yet. She just says, "Whatever you guys want to do" when we try to explain it to her:lmao:.

Here's what I am thinking...even though it may not be the best financial value, I was thinking about purchasing ONE Sampler Package for our arrival day (Thursday) and then share the 8 entitlements (and cost) between the two of us. This would let mom have an introduction to the Festival offerings without having to concern herself with the prices on the menu. We have no interest in the concert so that is a moot point. The pin is a nice touch, but it's probably not something I would be buying anyways.

I talked to my dad about it and he said it was "not a bad idea". He also suggested that since we will also be there on Monday, perhaps we should buy a second, single package for that day too. His only hesitation, which is also my main hang up, is that FINANCIALLY, it is probably going to actually cost us a little more to book the packages. I figure $62 (incl tax) for 8 selections means that each item has to average $7.75. I know that the mushroom filet in Canada is about that much, but we aren't going to eat EIGHT of them:crazy:. I will be curious to see the prices of the alcoholic beverages that are included. We are not beer drinkers at all. Mom will drink some wine and I prefer the mixed drinks. I know the slushies at the booth in France are usually around $10 so if they are included, I would buy this package without hesitation:drinking1.

So, without knowing what items will be included, and what the list price will be, would you advise me to buy this package now? Since we aren't going until the middle of October, do you think I should wait until the Festival opens and prices/exclusions are "official"? And along that line, do you think if I wait, the packages may sell out? What about the idea of buying it for the two days? Any thoughts?:disrocks:

ADDITIONAL:

I went through last year's booths and compared them to the items announced for this year and came up with some selections.
Canada: Mushroom Filet ($7.25)
China: Kung Fu Punch ($8.50)
France: La Passion Slush ($9.95)
Greece: Tzatziki Martini ($7.75)
Hawaii: Aulani Sunset *2014* ($6.75) ...assuming Mai Tai will replace this
Mexico: Mango Strawberry Margarita ($8.50)
Poland: Frozen Szarlotka ($8.75)
Puerto Rico: Mango Rum ($7.25)

TOTAL: $64.70 (assuming these prices include tax)
So, with these prices presumably going up, and the price of the package being $62.84, I would, in fact, come out ahead if all of these items are available and included.

Last edited:

We arrive on a Thursday morning and plan to be at Epcot between noon and 1pm. Our flight lands at 10am and we are taking DME to Pop Century, dropping our bags and heading to Epcot. Mom is a bit...shall we say..."frugal":D, but she has been to Disney and understands that it is pricey. That being said, I really want her to enjoy her first F&W Festival without experiencing too much "sticker shock". Dad has arranged all the financial stuff and has allowed for a very generous food budget ($400 for 5 days...just mom!) and mom has not looked at it yet. She just says, "Whatever you guys want to do" when we try to explain it to her:lmao:.

Here's what I am thinking...even though it may not be the best financial value, I was thinking about purchasing ONE Sampler Package for our arrival day (Thursday) and then share the 8 entitlements (and cost) between the two of us. This would let mom have an introduction to the Festival offerings without having to concern herself with the prices on the menu. We have no interest in the concert so that is a moot point. The pin is a nice touch, but it's probably not something I would be buying anyways.

I talked to my dad about it and he said it was "not a bad idea". He also suggested that since we will also be there on Monday, perhaps we should buy a second, single package for that day too. His only hesitation, which is also my main hang up, is that FINANCIALLY, it is probably going to actually cost us a little more to book the packages. I figure $62 (incl tax) for 8 selections means that each item has to average $7.75. I know that the mushroom filet in Canada is about that much, but we aren't going to eat EIGHT of them:crazy:. I will be curious to see the prices of the alcoholic beverages that are included. We are not beer drinkers at all. Mom will drink some wine and I prefer the mixed drinks. I know the slushies at the booth in France are usually around $10 so if they are included, I would buy this package without hesitation:drinking1.

So, without knowing what items will be included, and what the list price will be, would you advise me to buy this package now? Since we aren't going until the middle of October, do you think I should wait until the Festival opens and prices/exclusions are "official"? And along that line, do you think if I wait, the packages may sell out? What about the idea of buying it for the two days? Any thoughts?:disrocks:

I'm thinking about waiting until we know what the actual exclusions are. As you said, if the France slushies are included, and other higher priced alcohol, it could totally be worth it. My fear, like you, is that once this info is out there, they will sell out much faster. Sorry, that's not really much help.

I'm doing something similar..............

I purchased the sampler package for 2 separate days. Though I know it may end up to cost a little more than the average price of most kiosk items, I'm doing it because the friend who is going with me is celebrating a major birthday and I thought it would be a nice gift. I'm going to tell her to go ahead and indulge in the higher priced items, and we can pay out of pocket for the lower priced items those days or other days if there is something else we want. We will be using this for the entire day so bought 2 packages for each of the 2 days. I'm thinking that our alcohol choices will also be more from the mixed drink items as well. There is one musical group that I'm kind of looking forward to but not on the other day that we have the package. I figured it would make a nice gift and that she wouldn't need to worry about the prices each time she makes a selection, as she will likely be more price conscience that me, as well!

I don't know if the packages will sell out. There would have to be a finite number sold due to the concert priority seating. I wasn't willing to take the change of them selling out only due to my circumstances with my party. My friend is really wanting to eat at the kiosks as much as possibly on this trip and not being tied down to dining reservations is important to her.

If it were just me on this trip, I wouldn't be buying the sampler package and would just put the money on the F & W gift card, but thought this would work better in our situation for this trip. Will probably also buy the gift card for use on other days. I think you have to weigh your situation, knowing your mother, as I did for this upcoming trip. Have fun!!!

Last edited:
I do not think the price of the Sampler Package it worth it unless you really want the pin that is included. I think you would be better off putting the value of the Sampler Package on to a gift card & get whatever you want from the booths. If the slushies in France you are referring to are the ones you can get year round that kiosk is not a F & W booth so you wouldn't be able to use the Sampler entitlements at that drink kiosk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter