***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

Subscribing!

Thank goodness I found this thread! I've been trying to find what the offerings are w/very little luck! Leave it to the DISBoards to have the scoop!

Did anyone get the brochure in the mail like last year? That is what we kept waiting for and started getting nervous when last year's reservation date passed.

We will be there for F&W 10/5 thru 10/10! Yea!

Thanks again!

When I called PassHolder Services this morning they confirmed that the first day to make reservations is August 25th at 7:00A EST. :cool1:

Nothing new ... sigh. :confused:

An updated list of events would make my aching back feel better ... really. ;)

Can anyone provide some more information on the Sweet Sundays??

I am sending DH to Richard Petty Driving School and DD to BBB. Something needs to happen for the mom here people!!! I thought this might be something I'm interested in. When they say a breakfast buffet is included, is it regular breakfast fare and of decent variety? Does the pastry chef then make 3 desserts? Do you get one "sample" size glass of champagne or does it "flow"?? If the chef in question is a specialty cake baker, will she bake 3 cakes while you watch??

I do dabble in some cake decorating, so I would be interested in seeing a pro in action. My DD is an avid Food Network fan so I'm not sure I could escape without her. Has anyone else ever brought kids with them?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any answers you can provide.

Not to be a pest, but has anyone done Sweet Sundays that can elaborate on how it was??

I was not impressed with the Sweet Sunday and won't do it again. I thought the one I went to was badly run. And three desserts in the mid-morning isn't all that as far as I am concerned. I will not be doing another Sweet Sunday.

But other posters really like them. And the buffet was pretty good, especially the chicken sausage.

I don't usually post this because I never bothered to finish it. But if you want to see the Sweet Sunday from last year you can look at

http://cathlam.tripod.com/eatthis/

Not to be a pest, but has anyone done Sweet Sundays that can elaborate on how it was??

I'm a bad person to ask because we had a bad experience the one time that we did it - mostly over the lack of organization and poor seating arrangements. The food was tasty but I think the success of the event really depends on the presenter. We had Warren Brown from Food Network and he was wonderful and so personable ... he posed for pictures and signed autographs.

We're thinking about giving it a try again this year if nothing else pops up during our visit that sounds more promising ... at $75 pp it's not a bad deal.

Martini & Rossi is pretty generous with the alcohol - they serve Proseco which is an Italian sparking wine. The glasses are out on the buffet so you can have as much as you want. And the breakfast buffet is OK - nothing that will knock your socks off but it's tasty enough ... and you don't want too much because hopefully you're going to get three yummy desserts to eat.

Not exactly rave reviews then huh? I guess I'll just stick with the spa.....again. :rotfl2:

Is it the type of event you can get tix for close to the date? I guess if my heart isn't set on it, if I can great, if not, oh well.

I just really like the idea of seeing the cooking presentations while I'm there, but I don't want to shell out unlimited cash for it either.

I'll probably just stay content with the food booths and the ADR's we have booked. I went with the deluxe plan so hungry we shall not be!

The only Sweet Sundays event that sold out last year was the one featuring Colette Peters. You could probably wait a bit to book this one and still be fine if you decide you want to attend.

well, I think this may be it so far for me - some things might drop off by the 25th

9/26 Cook Book & Bottle
10/5 French Regional Lunch
10/18 PFTS
10/20 Japan pairing
11/3 maybe another Japan pairing
11/7 Taste of Louisiana
11/8 PFTS

It isn't the list I had in mind. Maybe it will expand a bit, don't know yet.

Hey is there anywhere I can get tips/previews/reviews of this year's food booths (International Marketplaces)? I have never been to F&W before and I am going Oct 1st. I want to know what items are good and which ones not to miss! Thanks!

The list of items is in the first post. Most of the items are the same as 2007, so you could look for reviews of 2007.

I wish Disney would hurry up and post the full brochure online...gettin' a little impatient :cheer2:

well, I think this may be it so far for me - some things might drop off by the 25th

9/26 Cook Book & Bottle
10/5 French Regional Lunch
10/18 PFTS
10/20 Japan pairing
11/3 maybe another Japan pairing
11/7 Taste of Louisiana
11/8 PFTS

It isn't the list I had in mind. Maybe it will expand a bit, don't know yet.

We'll be at PFTS on 11/8, would love to see you! Hope you enjoy our Louisiana food, wish I could be there for that.;)

We're going to PFTS on 10/18! :) What is the history of beer thing? Is that the one with the four samples of Sam Adams?

Hey is there anywhere I can get tips/previews/reviews of this year's food booths (International Marketplaces)? I have never been to F&W before and I am going Oct 1st. I want to know what items are good and which ones not to miss! Thanks!

Here is our trip around from last year with reviews! Hope this helps and have fun!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1621168

Kabuki, you and your Jason are sooooooo cute! :goodvibes

Thanks for posting the link ... I just took a walk down food-memory lane! :rotfl2:

We will be at the PFTS on 10/18 with friends and the Taste of Louisiana on 11/7 too (hopefully!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter