Epcot food and wine fest. 2015

My DBFF and I have a few ADR during our visit. One specifically to watch "Illuminations". We plan on hitting F&W early in the day, taking power naps and hitting the other parks at night. Definitely going to MNSSHP!

I've tried searching for this answer, but I'm not having too much success. How exactly does the festival work? Do we pay a certain price for an food that we want to try at a booth? Do we have to pay a ticket price to enter the festival? This is our first time going, and we have three kiddos.
I'm hoping to get into Epcot that day to Akershus, but are willing to sample our way around the world later in the day.
Thanks, from a F&W newbie

This will be the first year I have not attended The Food and Wine Fest :sad2::sad2:. I will miss the Shrimp Tacos they were fantastic, even my 7 year old loved them!

My DS went on and on about the Shrimp Tacos (I got the steak and he didn't share).

So Shrimp Tacos are definitely on my list...

SHRIMP TACOS on our list, first F&W!:Pinkbounc SO EXCITED to be going to WDW in October. Think the weather will be great too!:cheer2:

Oh man! You are my people, the shrimp taco is my FAVORITE. My sister actually makes fun of me for loving it so much! I can't wait to have one in October. I'm also holding out hope they bring back the Banoffee Tart from Scotland because that thing was also amazing.

I've tried searching for this answer, but I'm not having too much success. How exactly does the festival work? Do we pay a certain price for an food that we want to try at a booth? Do we have to pay a ticket price to enter the festival? This is our first time going, and we have three kiddos.
I'm hoping to get into Epcot that day to Akershus, but are willing to sample our way around the world later in the day.
Thanks, from a F&W newbie

There are food booths set up all around the World Showcase where you can purchase small bites and sips from a variety of countries, although some of them are a pretty good size. They usually cost anywhere from $2.50 - $10 each and it will say on the board what is available and how much. Access to the booths is included in your park ticket. There is also a festival center with demonstrations and tastings, which cost extra. In addition, there are special lunches, dinners, and other events, such as the Party for the Senses and French Regional Lunch, which require advanced booking and have an additional cost. We usually spend our time walking around and tasting at the booths. As others have said, more information will be released in the coming months. Usually, you can begin making reservations for the parties and things on or around August 1. I would expect the same this year. Food and Wine is great fun, though I recommend going during the week and earlier in the day since you do have kiddos. Saturdays are the busiest and rowdiest. I myself think there is a wonderful energy and vibe to Epcot during this time. I think kids are absolutely welcome and could have a good time if they are adventurous eaters, but you know your kids best and the types of environments you want them in and around. Others will disagree. Either way, have a great time! Food & Wine is the best!!

Oh man! You are my people, the shrimp taco is my FAVORITE. My sister actually makes fun of me for loving it so much! I can't wait to have one in October. I'm also holding out hope they bring back the Banoffee Tart from Scotland because that thing was also amazing.

There are food booths set up all around the World Showcase where you can purchase small bites and sips from a variety of countries, although some of them are a pretty good size. They usually cost anywhere from $2.50 - $10 each and it will say on the board what is available and how much. Access to the booths is included in your park ticket. There is also a festival center with demonstrations and tastings, which cost extra. In addition, there are special lunches, dinners, and other events, such as the Party for the Senses and French Regional Lunch, which require advanced booking and have an additional cost. We usually spend our time walking around and tasting at the booths. As others have said, more information will be released in the coming months. Usually, you can begin making reservations for the parties and things on or around August 1. I would expect the same this year. Food and Wine is great fun, though I recommend going during the week and earlier in the day since you do have kiddos. Saturdays are the busiest and rowdiest. I myself think there is a wonderful energy and vibe to Epcot during this time. I think kids are absolutely welcome and could have a good time if they are adventurous eaters, but you know your kids best and the types of environments you want them in and around. Others will disagree. Either way, have a great time! Food & Wine is the best!!
Thank you so much! It sounds like great fun. My husband is from Mexico-the shrimp tacos sound like a dream to him right now!

We planned our F&W days for a weekday; read repeatedly that weekends are MUCH BUSIER!:scared1: Our agenda is lunch at the booths, strolling around Epcot, back to Poly for late afternoon swim and R&R, then back to Epcot for more sampling! SO EXCITED!:dance3:

Week-ends are busier but I don't find it to be a problem! I live in Fl so it's easy for us, doing it 3 times! I hope they bring back the escargots in brioche cups, I much prefer it to the escargot tart they put out last year! Now, the passion fruit slushy, please, please.... It was so good!

This year will be my first F&W festival
Is it possible to fit both FW as well as WS/F&W into one day. It will be myself and DBF, and we are definitely capable of doing an entire day without an afternoon break and don't have to worry about children.
I was leaning towards 2 separate days but DBF is adamant that we can squish it all into one day

There are something like 28 booths. I would not enjoy trying to cram everything I would want to do into one day. Yes, you will be able to visit a few booths, but I can only do about a quarter of the booths, having one small item from each, and I hit the food wall.

I plan 10 nights at WDW during the F&W fest so I don't have to "cram" anything in. I'm on vacation and don't want to rush.

Another excited person checking in! This will be our first F&W and I couldn't be more excited!!
I check the Disney Food Blog site every day for updates to the Eat to the Beat schedule and possible menu releases (even though I know this doesn't typically come out until around July, I still check like a good-read::ppsychotic-planner Diser would :))

This will be our 2nd annual trip during F&W it's now my favorite time to visit

For anyone going with the DDP, how do you plan out F&W Festival + dinners and lunches? Our plan is go to Epcot every night of out trip and have dinner at Epcot too. I made dining reservations around 7-7:30, figuring we'd have food at the festivals in between lunch and dinner. I just don't want to get too full since I feel sluggish when I eat too much and walk.

Last year, our trip dates just happened to fall with the last date of our trip being the first day at F&W.

So essentially we tried to eat EVERYTHING.

We started at 11 when the booths opened and munched our way to about the Morocco area where we quit and went back to pack up our stuff at the resort.. we came back around 4 (knowing we had an ADR at 6:30ish...) and ate some more. We were determined to try everything we wanted to try during our short time frame.

Well, we tried a ton of items and still missed out on a bunch that we just couldn't find room for, I barely managed to eat a few bites of my dinner at Teppan Edo. My point is - I would definitely schedule more than 1 day if it fits in to your schedule. We have plans to do F&W in the evenings a few nights during our November trip so that we can try everything we would like without needing to cram it all in to one day!

I am a bit bummed that they moved the start date from the 18th to the 25th. We had already bought airline tickets and booked our DVC rooms by the time I learned that they went back to the last Friday in September. There were numerous sites saying the 18th. So we thought we would be ok. DH and I will be there the September 19th through October 1, but DD and her husband are leaving on the 26th. So they only get one day at the FWF. And from past festivals it appears that none of the special events will take place on the first day. So I am sad that we won't get to do any of the fun dinners together. How fast do the daily seminars fill up? The wine and mixology ones sound fun. We have been before, but have never done those. Anyone ever been on opening day? Do they have anything special on that day? We have left the entire day open. But DSIL will easily tire of just eating and drinking all day. He likes to do things. I did make late dinner reservations at BluZoo that night. But I made them through the restaurant direct. So if we decide not to go, I can just call them.

The latest press release (may 27th) http://wdwnews.com/releases/2015/05...es-two-delicious-decades-sept-25-nov-16-2015/

Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

Milestone Celebration Queues Up New Tastings and Events

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – A global culinary journey celebrating 20 delicious years of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will tantalize taste buds from Sept. 25-Nov. 16, at Walt Disney World Resort. The 2015 festival, presented by Chase, will welcome celebrity chefs, debut new marketplace tastes from around the world and celebrate guests’ favorite dining traditions.

Disney chefs and festival programmers are whipping up a feast of surprises to celebrate the 20th annual event in style. New wine tastings, rockin’ parties and culinary experiences built around the 20-year milestone will bring together loyal festival fans and first-timers. As part of the celebration, Chef Remy of the Disney animated film “Ratatouille” will invite guests to join a culinary scavenger hunt.

Growing in scope each year since 1996 and lauded by the Travel Channel as one of America’s top food festivals, the 53-day Epcot event features inspired bites and sips from around the world at more than 25 outdoor marketplaces, nightly Eat to the Beat concerts of many musical genres, signature dinners and featured tasting events.

This fall, the 20th festival will debut dishes like Pepper Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese at the Farm Fresh Marketplace and refreshing sips like the Scottish Citrus Thistle at the Scotland Marketplace. Culinary icons like Cat Cora, Jamie Deen and John Ash will entertain foodies and inspire their palates at new and returning premium events that include weekly Party for the Senses grand tastings in October.

Festival guests can pair wines and beers with savory and sweet dishes as they stroll the World Showcase Promenade and earn stamps on their complimentary festival passports. Champagne, cocktails and “mocktails” also will bubble up on festival menus. In Future World, the popular Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog returns for a fourth year so that families can discover the cranberry’s rich agricultural heritage and learn fun facts about the tart fruits.

Whether guests’ taste buds prefer savory, spicy, sweet (or all of the above), there are plenty of delectable surprises at every stop along the way. Here’s a sneak peek:

New marketplace menus debut and chefs celebrate festival favorites – Among many dishes set to debut are Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Kumara Dumpling at the New Zealand Marketplace and Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Peppers, Onions and Snap Peas at the Australia Marketplace. For many, there’s nothing like a yearly dip into classic favorites like the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup.

Four new Eat to the Beat concert acts debut; fan favorites return to festival stage –Rock singer-songwriter David Cook opens the Eat to the Beat concert series Sept. 25-27. Four new acts in the concert series lineup — Tiffany, Everclear, Maxi Priest and Chaka Khan – will belt out chart-topping tunes. Other popular acts, including Wilson Phillips, Smash Mouth, The Pointer Sisters, Jo Dee Messina, Boyz II Men and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, will return to rock the America Gardens Theatre stage this fall.

Celebrity chefs dazzle – Renowned chef and cookbook author John Ash, who participated in the inaugural Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in 1996, will return to celebrate the 20th milestone year. Other notable chefs including Cat Cora, Robert Irvine, Jamie Deen, Rock Harper, Kenny Gilbert and Buddy Valastro will cook for Epcot guests and share their culinary know-how during demos and premium events.

Ratatouille rocks — Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak invites kids of all ages to join a World Showcase scavenger hunt for little Remy statuettes hidden around the park’s World Showcase. Maps, stickers and prizes are involved.

Festival Center gets cookin’ – Guests can join culinary demonstrations, beverage seminars and mixology seminars daily for a nominal fee. More festival fun will include the complimentary Back to Basics weekend series featuring epicurean tips and tricks from the pros.

Chase Lounge offers perks – Anyone who owns or wants to own a Chase debit or credit card will find complimentary refreshments and interactive fun at the Chase Lounge at American Adventure.

Get ready for . . .
•More than 270 chefs including Disney chefs and culinary stars from across the country.
•Party for the Senses grand tasting events every Saturday in October showcasing tempting bites from eminent chefs, more than 50 wines and beers and live entertainment.
•Premium events including the new “French Family Meal Traditions” lunch on Fridays and Sundays; new “Rockin’ Burger Block Party” on select dates; and new beverage events to include “Exploring Wines from 1996 to Now” that salutes the festival’s 20th year.

Included with Epcot Admission:

Back to Basics series, Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog, World Showcase Scavenger Hunt, special book signings, Eat to the Beat concerts, cultural adventures, Marketplace Discovery Passport and all attractions and park entertainment are included with regular Epcot admission.

Special Programming by Reservation:

The Party for the Senses grand tasting events, signature dinners and other special wine and culinary programs require reservations and separate event admission. When a reservation booking date is announced this summer, guests can call 407/WDW-FEST (939-3378) and get details at EpcotFoodFestival.com.

###

- See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2015/05...des-sept-25-nov-16-2015/#sthash.geilVjL8.dpuf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter