Epcot EMH and F&W - bad combination?

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with two days at F&W, October 15 (our big day!) and October 16. Epcot has morning EMH on the 15th and evening EMH on the 16th. We really are not planning on doing much at all, if anything, in Future World this trip - its all about F&W. Will the EMHs dramatically affect the crowds for F&W? Resort crowd levels for both days are at a 4, with Epcot, specifically, at a 4.5 and 5.3.

DH and I are going to be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with two days at F&W, October 15 (our big day!) and October 16. Epcot has morning EMH on the 15th and evening EMH on the 16th. We really are not planning on doing much at all, if anything, in Future World this trip - its all about F&W. Will the EMHs dramatically affect the crowds for F&W? Resort crowd levels for both days are at a 4, with Epcot, specifically, at a 4.5 and 5.3.

You should be fine. Those two days are weekdays so the crowds for the Festival will be lower than the weekends. I wouldn't worry about the extra magic hours all that much.

You should be fine. Those two days are weekdays so the crowds for the Festival will be lower than the weekends. I wouldn't worry about the extra magic hours all that much.

Oh, thank you! I was hoping to hear that. :) I mean I could always be flexible with our dates, but I was really looking forward to being in the park on our anniversary date.:goodvibes

I wouldn't worry about it either. The crowds are really low at F&W around lunch time and really don't increase until the dinner hour.

I'm going to be there for my anniversary/combined DH's BD trip this October. Can't wait!

In our experience the Wed night EMH won't make that much of a difference. The F&W booths don't stay open during EMH so after IllumiNations there will be more people heading towards the rides in FW.

Our wedding anniversary is also October 15th! We will be celebrating our second anniversary and are also planning on being in Epcot for F&W on the 15th and/or 16th. We visited F&W during an EMH weekday last year around the same time of October with no problem. As with any day during F&W, it's gets a little more crowded as the afternoon goes on, but nothing overwhelming. Congrats and enjoy!

That's great to hear! Congrats on your anniversary too. :) Where are you staying, if I may ask?

We are hoping to be arriving on that Wed for our 20th anniversary!!!! This will be our first time without the kids and our first time at F&W. We are so excited!

We have found, like others, that as the evening progresses, World Showcase gets busier and busier. On an EMH evening, more will head to Future World to take advantage of the extra hours. Have a great anniversary! We will be down around that time as well... Getting married!!! :)

Thanks! We are staying at OKW. It's our first time staying there, so we're excited. :) How about you?

I've been considering several different options, but as of right now we're at POR. We stayed at POFQ last fall and took the boat from POR to DTD one night and I thought it seemed like a very charming resort. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter