• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Epcot crowds on last day of F&W?

Amusement

Mouseketeer
How crazy is it on that last Monday of the Food & Wine Festival? We're doing the Undiscovered Future World tour in the morning and this will be the only day where we will be in Epcot for a full day. We're coming back on the day our flight leaves, but we'll have to leave the park between noon and one so there won't be much World Showcase time that day.

I'm hoping it will be better than Saturday and Sunday, but does it get really busy in the evening? We're trying to decide if we want to spend the afternoon/evening in World Showcase and finish the day out with the fireworks or move back to the front of the park around 6:00 to avoid the crowds if it's going to be really bad.

How crazy is it on that last Monday of the Food & Wine Festival? We're doing the Undiscovered Future World tour in the morning and this will be the only day where we will be in Epcot for a full day. We're coming back on the day our flight leaves, but we'll have to leave the park between noon and one so there won't be much World Showcase time that day.

I'm hoping it will be better than Saturday and Sunday, but does it get really busy in the evening? We're trying to decide if we want to spend the afternoon/evening in World Showcase and finish the day out with the fireworks or move back to the front of the park around 6:00 to avoid the crowds if it's going to be really bad.
We went to the last day, last year and it was very very busy. It didn't seem to be better than the previous weekend. Lots of people were getting their last fix. Enjoy whatever you decide.

Granted, I've always had extremely good luck going at low volume times (even my last week of March 2005 trip was fine) but the Monday night that was the last day of F&W in 2013 was the busiest I've ever seen. My 2 year old was terrified (he hated crowds) and it was all in all not a good experience for us. He did have a great time in Future World that night.

Now, I've never been on a weekend night so I can't tell you if it's less busy but it's definitely crowded.

As an added note, everyone was very well-behaved. There were just a lot of them.

Thanks for the input! I think we're going to bite the bullet and get park hoppers so we can head to Hollywood Studios after our tour and then we'll do the reverse on our HS day and boat to Epcot after lunch to enjoy a less crowded WS. That will also let us see the Osborne lights one evening and illuminations the other.

We were thinking of going at a time that'd be during the Food & Wine Festival but now we're planning for after that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter