• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot crowded today

Delphinidae said:
Aww you guys are bumming me out! :( We leave on Saturday and will be there for a week and I was so hoping for lower crowds than in the summer, which is the only time I've ever gone. EasyWDW's crowd calendar has next week all 3's and 2's but I see the past two weeks were supposed to be that way too and apparently they weren't. We are ALSO planning on doing all the EMH parks.

Fingers crossed I didn't mess up by planning this way!

Ditto. Exactly the same situation for us. Hoping for the best.

we have gone in septembers for many years now. during the last two years (11 & 12) we have seen an increase in crowds. still very manageable but no longer as slow as past years. whether this trend will continue remains to be seen.

We have gone Labor day week several times over the years because our kids are out of school that week because of our county fair. It has been low crowds for years except the past couple of years. I totally agree about the increase in crowds. It use to be almost walk on the rides but the past 2 years it has been 30 to 50 minute wait times for the popular rides. It has went from low crowds to a little over moderate crowds.

Here now and definitely agree about the crowds. Much more crowded than expected. Animal Kingdom today was the first reasonable crowd we have seen all week with minimal wait times.

After seeing postings last week about low crowds I was kinda surprised with how busy parks have been. was expecting 2-3 crowd levels and experienced 6-7 crowd levels most of the time.

I have also noticed a very large foreign crowd. Figured Brazilian because most seem to be speaking Portugese. Not groups but families. There has been many times when we were the only ones around not speaking the language.

We were in HS today and thought it was crowded as well, even though it is a recommended park and easywdw rates today as a 1 crowd-wise. TSM had a 55 wait 1/2 hour before the park was suppose to close. All the shows were full.

Kind of disappointed to hear about the crowd levels being up. We leave in the AM for a long weekend, just DH and I. We were just there the first week of August and were hoping the crowds would be way down and we could leisurely get everything done in a weekend. We have always gone in the summer for the last 15 yrs due to the kids and school. We went in Sept about 20 yrs ago and it was amazing! Anyway, hoping for the best since a weekend at Disney is certainly better than a weekend without Disney.

Delphinidae said:
Aww you guys are bumming me out! We leave on Saturday and will be there for a week and I was so hoping for lower crowds than in the summer, which is the only time I've ever gone. EasyWDW's crowd calendar has next week all 3's and 2's but I see the past two weeks were supposed to be that way too and apparently they weren't. We are ALSO planning on doing all the EMH parks.

Fingers crossed I didn't mess up by planning this way!

Just plan to get to the parks when they open and have a solid plan for what you want to do. If you do those two things, the crowd levels shouldn't affect you too much.

I would also open your day in a non-EMH park and hop to the EMH park in the evening (if you have hoppers).

Have fun!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We also just returned and go every Sept. The reason the parks were so packed is because Disney offered Free Dinning to the Brazilian's.

lesson 1 avoid EMH parks..and number 2...if main rides are being refurbished and closed...the park always seems more crowded and longer lines..well because less rides to go on ..if a big one is closed say test track in this case..

Rain also plays a big role in crowds. It rained quite a bit on the 18th, pushing more people into the parks the following day.

With free dining and also room discounts for those not doing free dining its drawing a larger crowd than in the past. Disney marketing at its finest.

We have been going in Sept for the last 10years and I find that it gets more crowded every year. I think there were a lot of people from Panama there this last week as I talked to a few of them. It is still doable if you get there when the parks open but it becomes really crowded around 11. I think Soarin is always crowded right now because of Test Track being closed and not many people go on Mission Space. On Wed we went to Epcot for EMH and decided to go to HS around 10:30 and found the TSM fast passes to be for 4:30. I think more and more people are aware of and take advantage of the free dining during this time. Now that they have bounceback you don't have to wait for the general public announcement.

I think the economy may have gotten incrementally better in each of the last couple of years. So more people may feel more comfortable vacationing than they did 4, 5 or 6+ years ago.

With free dining and also room discounts for those not doing free dining its drawing a larger crowd than in the past. Disney marketing at its finest.

Yep. they've done an excellent job at spreading crowds out throughout the year. "Low" crowds are gone. Forget about them. Now it's just lesser crowds than say, summer or holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter