Epcot bus stop, monorail station

kcchief

Mouseketeer
My son is a train freak and is excited about riding the monorail. We are staying at Caribbean Beach and on our firt evening we have an ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe. So since CB is close to Epcot I thought we would take a bus to Epcot, monorail to MK, and then monorail to GF. My question is does the bus from the resort drop you off at the front of Epcot near the monorail station or the world showcase entrance?

My son is a train freak and is excited about riding the monorail. We are staying at Caribbean Beach and on our firt evening we have an ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe. So since CB is close to Epcot I thought we would take a bus to Epcot, monorail to MK, and then monorail to GF. My question is does the bus from the resort drop you off at the front of Epcot near the monorail station or the world showcase entrance?
You will have to leave CBR awfully early in order to make that ADR if you're going to do this. You're talking about waiting for a bus, getting to Epcot, walking to the monorail station, waiting for the Epcot monorail, riding to the TTC, waiting for the resort monorail and finally riding to GF. This is going to take you well over an hour to accomplish and possibly closer to 90 minutes.

I suggest that you ride the bus from CBR to the MK and then take the resort monorail to GF instead. You can still do the resort monorail-Epcot monorail-bus to CBR for your return trip if you want more time on the monorails after dinner.

You will have to leave CBR awfully early in order to make that ADR if you're going to do this. You're talking about waiting for a bus, getting to Epcot, walking to the monorail station, waiting for the Epcot monorail, riding to the TTC, waiting for the resort monorail and finally riding to GF. This is going to take you well over an hour to accomplish and possibly closer to 90 minutes.

I suggest that you ride the bus from CBR to the MK and then take the resort monorail to GF instead. You can still do the resort monorail-Epcot monorail-bus to CBR for your return trip if you want more time on the monorails after dinner.

Yeah I was planning leaving at least 1 1/2 hour early to do this. I know its not the fastest way but I am ok with that. Thanks

I agree to take the bus to MK first as well. THEN you can take the mono-rail to the GF, have dinner and ride the monorail as long as your child wants. You can ride around the resort loop or, take the TTC route to ride through Epcot without needing a ticket to get in. When you are done ridding, get off at Epcot and bus home, or reverse back to the MK and bus back from there. When my oldest was little, we always had to ride the monorail the 1st evening! This way there is no stress of making your ADR and you arrive fresh and not worn out from a long trip AND you don't have to make you child get off right away if he wants to ride longer.

I would also suggest the bus to MK and skip the bus to EPCOT. We also did similar lately (ate at 1900 Park Fare) and it took us a solid hour just to go from POFQ to MK to GF via the same route. After dinner, you could ride the monorail for awhile if he was having a great time on it :) DD loved the monorail!

Yeah I was planning leaving at least 1 1/2 hour early to do this. I know its not the fastest way but I am ok with that. Thanks

Give yourself at least 2 hours. You are taking 3 forms of transportation and each may have a wait for the vehicle to arrive and then you have travel time plus the walk to the next vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter