• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Beer Passport (now that it's started!)

Oh hooray. I have been looking all over for this myself today! I think maybe there must be various prices or else they would have posted a flat price like they do for the Wine passport.

Any updates yet? i think this is the one thing my dh is looking forward to on this trip ( i hope i'm kidding but not sure yet!)

They should have a Beer Passport all the time! That would be so cool. And a wine one as well, although I'm not that into wine. I would think it would be easy to implement assuming each place in Epcot sells regional beers (*gasp* how do I not know this??)

Heh... Given that hubby and I know some people who've done themselves some damage trying to drink their way around the world at EPCOT, this might be entertaining... Hit a sampler in every country, and I expect we might feel it, but we'd be fine. More details, please!

On our honeymoon, my DH and I made a rule that one of us had to eat or drink something from every country. Unfortunately that started with lunch at Le Cellier and filled us. We did it, but took our time - and by the time we got to Mexico we were able to have a margarita and a churro :laughing:

This time I'm scoping out the drinks and the beer passport is a big #1 on my list of "must consume"!

Some asked about the Wine Walk. You can buy it in France, Germany, or Italy. It's $20 for 2 samples in each country. If I remember right, France has two heavier reds, Italy has a rose' and something else, and Germany has a really good white and something else. It was fun....and then I wound up buying a glass of the white from Germany because I liked it (liebfraumilch).

I know a DH who would enjoy a Beer Passport...we're going for our anniversary, maybe that will be his present. Man, I'm a nice wife!!

We have been drinking around the world for years, it is my belief that you can purchase a passport any time, and just have each country stamp it when a beer is purchased there.

DBF is really looking forward to trying some new beers, so hopefully we get some info on this soon!

I'd like to see a beer and/or wine passport be available year round! If anyone hears that this could be the case, please post the details.

Michelle, I was just coming to ask about this :lmao:

Will be interesting to hear costs, how it works, etc. I've seen the $20 price listed for the Wine passport, but I'm way more interested in the beer! :thumbsup2

We'll be there in 2 weeks for the F&W and we may take part in BOTH the beer and wine passport! Many people ask "Is EPCOT a park for the kids?"...
I say HECK YES, they help us back to our resort after noshing our way around the World!:thumbsup2

I'll be there next Saturday, the 26th, and will let you know about the Beer Passport! Of course, I'm sure somebody will have gone on the 25th and will tell you all about it before I get a chance to. :worship:

I want in on this too! We leave next week, and I know my DH will very happy to sample the beers around the world!

I am dying to know too! We leave the day after Food and Wine starts and my Hubby would LOVE this! :cool1:

If you're looking for a good hand-crafted beer in Disney World, just head over to the Boardwalk and the Big River Grille and Brewing Works. Outstanding! I posted a report on the Big River on the dining page:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2143525

As one who thinks that "beerieness is next to godliness" I checked this thread for info on the F&W beer hopper pass. (Hopper? I just love that pun!)

Thank you, however, for this great tip. We happen to be staying at the BWI in three weeks. Its nice to know I don't have to schlep the whole 10 minute walk to EPCOT to enjoy some well crafted amber nectar of the gods!

Will be interesting to hear costs, how it works, etc.

You'll have to be sure to text me while you're there, I can't wait to find out about this.

I think I'm more excited about the beer passport than trying to get to other places and try beer there because this trip is "for our daughter", as my DH and I keep telling each other. We're doing thigns mostly for her. But I'm buying the passport (while we're at Epcot, obviously) and I'll need to get my money's worth :confused3

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter