Ep --> cm --> ep?

sahoenshell1218

Mouseketeer
How long will it take to get from Epcot to Chef Mickey's and back to Epcot (including mealtime)? And what is the best way (monorail vs. bus)?

(sorry if this should be in the transportation board; I wasn't sure!)

Thanks for any help offered!

How long will it take to get from Epcot to Chef Mickey's and back to Epcot (including mealtime)? And what is the best way (monorail vs. bus)?

(sorry if this should be in the transportation board; I wasn't sure!)

Thanks for any help offered!
Alot of variables but I'll give it a shot. Bottom line, I would "plan" for 4 hours.
45 - 60 minutes to get from EP to CM; monorail [1 stop at TTC] or bus direct to CR. Don't want to rush you through your meal and assume a 10 - 15 minute wait once you check in for a total of 90 - 120 minutes. Ditto above trip back to Epcot. Again, it could be quicker if all of the "moons" align, but want to give you some realistic guidelines so you are not disappointed.

And what is the best way (monorail vs. bus)?

Not one of your options, but for me, quite often, the BEST way to get from point A to B is by taking a taxi. But for us "best" means quickest with the least hassle. And Disney transportation more and more is a hassle and is slow. So taxi is MY best way. :)

I would also take a taxi because it saves a lot of time.

If you're taking Disney transportation you need to allow an hour each way. If you're near the front of Epcot you would have to take the monorail to the TTC, then transfer to a second monorail - the resort monorail will stop at the CR (4th stop) or the express monorail to MK (and walk back to the CR).

If you're closer to the back of Epcot, walk out the International Gateway, walk to the BC and take the bus to the MK, then walk to the CR.

Overall I agree you'll need to allow 4 hours for travel and the meal if you use Disney transportation. It would save a lot of time if you had your CM meal on a MK day, a non-park day or at the beginning or end of the day.

If you want to save a great deal of time, hire a taxi.

If you wish to take Disney transportation, when exiting from the front of the park take the monorail. Depending on how long you have to wait for it, allow about 30 minutes travel time. Then you will need to switch to the resort monorail at TTC and ride to the Contemporary. I'd give that another 30 minutes. So an hour each way to be safe. You can switch to the express monorail, get out at MK and walk to the Contemporary but I don't think that would save a great deal of time.

That's the only way to go from the front of Epcot, there is no bus from there to the Contemporary.

From the International Gateway you can walk to the Beach Club, take the bus to MK, and walk to the Contemporary. Again you will need to factor in at least 20 minutes possible wait time for the bus, so give it an hour.

4 hours does sound about right to me: an hour travel time each way, possibly 2 hours at the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter