Envelopes for Mousekeeping ?

mindy20

Mouseketeer
Hi this is our 1st trip to Disney and Ive seen some posts about making decorated envelopes for mousekeeping. Are these the only decorated ones I should make ? What about tips at restaurants ? Club level staff ? I dont want to leave anyone out.

We pay OOP (out of pocket) at TS (table service) & CS (counter service).
At TS we tip 15 % or 20% depending on service.
At CS no tipping.

We tip $1 a bag for bell service.

For our room we tip each day. You can get a different mousekeeper each day of your vacation. Since we are 4 people, we tip $5 per day - in cash.

We place it in an envelope each day on the counter in plain sight or in the bathroom on a uncluttered service - we decorate a #10 envelope with the words " For Mousekeeping" "Thank you for your service" and add lots of Disney stickers. The outside edge is colored with a bright colored marker.
We also add in Spanish " Gracias por su servicio."

I hope the above helps.

We made these for our trip this past May on the Cricut. They were super easy to make. We had made 5 one for each day we were there but they house keeper always left the one we left out, guess she didn't want to keep them. We ended up bringing them home and giving them to our cousins to take with them on their vacation.

We always leave $1 per person in the room plus $2 for the room flat.

cimg3006z.jpg

We don't usually do envelopes for the other services. These are a blast to make with the family to keep them excited for the upcoming trip. We tried to create one for each day that represented what we were doing that day. Example: Epcot day we put Mickey heads on the envelope and decorated each Mickey head to represent the flags of the countries in the World Showcase.

I have seen that others on the DIS make up something special to hand out to CMs that have done an exceptional job. We are going to adopt this as well for our next trip. They couldn't believe the smiles and gratitude from the CMs as they received them.

Tons of fun! :goodvibes

You do know mousekeeping is not a tipped position? Even so I will tip $2 a day for myself.

Make sure to tip your mousekeepers every day, they change from day to day. I think I saw it told here on theDis that CL staff cannot take tips,[except mousekeepers]

We always left our tips for the mousekeeping on the counter top by the sink with a note. I had never thought about decorating an envelope. What a cute idea. I think we will do that on our next trip.

Last time we went we forgot to lock our wall safe and didn't think about it until about 3/4 through our day. We were so paniced thinking we would have no money when we got back. We checked and nothing had been taken at all. So we called the head of mousekeeping and asked who our mousekeeper was that day. The head of mousekeeping came to our room so that we could give her a big reward. He took it and gave it to her infront of all the other mousekeepers as a way of praising her. We thought that was really nice.

My little girl had a great time making our mousekeeping envelopes. She drew mickey mouse and other characters on them with alot of bright colors and stickers.

We always decorate envelopes with Disney stickers and write "MOUSEKEEPING" across the front and leave it on a pillow when we leave the room in the morning. This year, we found at the the Dollar Store, Tinkerbell thank you cards (10 in a pack with envelopes) that were too cute not to purchase, so we're going to use those and still decorate the outer envelope. :banana:

someone in another post suggested this site for pics to print out on envelopes that this person had made: http://www.arwolff.com/heidi/

FYI, i found the pdf popup pics too small when printed directly. what i did was make a new Word document to the specs of the envelope i'm using and then copy/paste the pics from the site into the Word doc i made. then the pics were larger on the envelopes when printed out.

You do know mousekeeping is not a tipped position? Even so I will tip $2 a day for myself.

Have you ever cleaned rooms? Do YOU know they get paid minimum wage? And that cleaning up after the public (who mostly are slobs) is a backbreaking job?

These people do their best (no matter the hotel, anywhere) to make a guests' stay comfortable. They may be tasked with 12 - 14 rooms to ready a day. And be required to complete each one in 15 - 30 minutes.

I have done this job. It was many years ago but the memories remain. It's hard and for the most part, thankless. And I think people who DON"T tip their housekeeper should be forced to do the job for week with no pay.

On our first trip to Disney we tipped at the end of our two week trip never thinking it may have been a different maid each day! Then I discovered disney forums and realised I should tip daily,we have always left $4 a day on all our visits best housekeeping was at OKW:thumbsup2 I have never made envelopes just left the money on the bed it has always gone when we come back from the parks!

Have you ever cleaned rooms? Do YOU know they get paid minimum wage? And that cleaning up after the public (who mostly are slobs) is a backbreaking job?

These people do their best (no matter the hotel, anywhere) to make a guests' stay comfortable. They may be tasked with 12 - 14 rooms to ready a day. And be required to complete each one in 15 - 30 minutes.

I have done this job. It was many years ago but the memories remain. It's hard and for the most part, thankless. And I think people who DON"T tip their housekeeper should be forced to do the job for week with no pay.

The mousekeepers at Disney earn a very good wage, quite a bit over min. If you take the time to read some of the small print on the brochures, you will see it is not a tipped position. I'm just saying...even so, I do tip when I'm there.;)

someone in another post suggested this site for pics to print out on envelopes that this person had made: http://www.arwolff.com/heidi/

FYI, i found the pdf popup pics too small when printed directly. what i did was make a new Word document to the specs of the envelope i'm using and then copy/paste the pics from the site into the Word doc i made. then the pics were larger on the envelopes when printed out.

I used this site for making my mousekeeping envelopes. I didn`t print them directly on the envelope because i have a new printer and have been too lazy to figure out the envelopes. I just cut and pasted into a word document and also cut and pasted a bunch of clip art of different Disney characters. I will let dd cut them out and glue them on the envelopes.

Why is it when anyone mentions tipping mousekeeping, someone always has to point out that it is not supposed to be a tipped position. Whether it is or is not, the fact is people do tip them. Unless the question is, should I tip them, then stating that it isn`t a tipped position really isn`t relevant.

To op, good luck and have fun with your envelopes.

I take the easy way out! :rotfl: I use plain envelopes and write "Thank you!" and put a Disney sticker on them. We get the come-ons from Disney Movie Club every few months, and I use those a lot, or scrapbooking stickers I pick up on clearance.

For tips, I make envelopes at home with the restaurant name and my estimated tip (which I get by using a spreadsheet to calculate our probable bill based on online menus - I'm rarely off by more than $1). I sort that money into the envelopes before we leave home and leave them in the room safe, getting out the one(s) I'll need each day before we leave in the morning. We leave the cash in the folio with the bill, we don't leave the envelope.

We have only had bell services deliver our luggage twice, we usually take it to the room ourselves, so I don't separate tips for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter