Entry - do they still require finger scan?

jjcm

This work thing gets in my way of a life of holida
A quick question - do they still can your index finger as well as your Disney ticket upon entry to the parks?

The last time we went in Feb 2006 they did but couldn't get anything from my DH as he's a gas installer/plumber and has no fingerprints left (always told me he worked hard so I guess this was the proof!!) :rotfl:

I just wanted to check as it was a pain - he kept having to try different fingers but after several tries each day they let him go in!

Cheers
Ju
:dance3:

Yes, they scan for all ticket media now, but, as you say, if it fails, they let you in anyway. :confused3

Thanks Debbie - sorry to sound thick but what do you mean all meadia?

Ju

All depends how busy they are, we went into MGM on Sunday for rope drop, so busy the turned off finger print scanners. MK about 6pm this evening they were being used for our AP's and friends 10 day MYW hopper.

As a further precaution take photo id with you that also has your signature on, ie photo driving licence. I have never seen anyone turned away who has a ticket.

I did see a family of latin Americans who were all trying to get in using the one ticket last year at AK, that didn't go down well.

I've had problems when the finger print scanner hasn't worked on me sometimes, and i have been asked to try different fingers etc, I do think its one big con though

I do think its one big con though

They had to do something though because when we first started going there was a lot of people just swapping tickets about when the hopper type ticket was introduced.

We saw a classic when we were at AK in Jan, it was a mother and son and the son was ahead of the mother by several people and then passed the same pass back through the gate (we were the first turnstyle at the end) right in front of the CM :confused3

Thanks everyone - do they use these in US and IoA - we purchased our tickets over the internet and printed the sheets off at home so now have bits of paper. Do they check your finger ID with these sheets? They have bar codes at the top (much like the tickets I guess). We will try to swap them for normal tickets - think Jakey Rowling suggested doing this ages ago.

Cheers
Ju

Its not checking fingerprints, so it wont matter if you no longer have any. Its a measurement device. There is an detailed description on the home site I think.

Thanks everyone - do they use these in US and IoA - we purchased our tickets over the internet and printed the sheets off at home so now have bits of paper. Do they check your finger ID with these sheets? They have bar codes at the top (much like the tickets I guess). We will try to swap them for normal tickets - think Jakey Rowling suggested doing this ages ago.
e3:

Yep they do this at US and IOA too!!

I can't find any information on the Ticket Tag system here on the DIS, but there's a good article on AllEars.

We saw a classic when we were at AK in Jan, it was a mother and son and the son was ahead of the mother by several people and then passed the same pass back through the gate (we were the first turnstyle at the end) right in front of the CM :confused3

Really. I am intrigued to know what did the CM say or do? :confused3

last time at disney i went in with wife and 2 of my kids then went back out 2 mins later to see my other daughter and when i went to get back in the system knew this ticket had been used w/in the last 15 mins and refused me entry but staff eventualy let me in after seeing a boss man so i think the person trying to hand a ticket throgh gate would not gain entry.
( i think one hr later and it would have let me in without any probs.)
Also when we went into mgm for 15/20 mins then to epcot this was also recorded as when we handed our tickets in machine at epcot staff worker made a comment that we were not in mgm very long.
i did see people hand tickets back thru railings at universal st. 10 years ago right in front of everyone who were waiting to get in, not sure if it worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter