Entire family got sick!

I agree with a previous poster. Did you have travel insurance? If so, you should be able to be reimbursed for the unused portion of your trip. Check on that ASAP.
Soooo sorry that everyone got sick. If you can get reimbursed, you can start planning another trip!!!! :goodvibes Keep us posted.
Barb

I am sorry about your family illness. We ended our trip June 17 with the same experience but at least it was the last night of the trip. Youngest son got sick just before Fantasmic and the flight home the next day was misery for him. DW got sick Monday morning and I followed up about 12 hours later.

I really hope that you and your family will have the opportunity to experience WDW again someday with better results. It truly is a great place but there is no happy place in the world when you are sick like that.

TruBlu said:
Thanks everybody. Hopefully we will feel better soon. I am going to try to get us all doctor's appointments tomorrow for some IV fluids. That should help some. Now I am going back to bed. :sad1:

The worst thing is that our four year old wanted to watch the Disney Travel Channel specials that we taped before our trip. We watched them over and over today. It was so depressing to see all that we missed, and to know that we can't afford another trip for years.

That Sucks! Sorry your family got so sick. :sad2:

i really feel awful about your ruined trip. i'm hoping that it won't take years for your family to go back to disney and that you'll be planning another trip sooner then you think!

Adding my sympathies for the unfortunate sickness and hoping that you are all feeling better soon. I hope this does not put you off ever going back!

(And I hope you had a good first three days anyway!)

:sunny: Amy

I am so sorry to hear of your awful experience. It is something that I have always worried about. Hope you all recover soon.

After reading all the posts....that's really weird that so many of you got sick around the same time. Can you pinpoint a place that everyone was??? Were you at the same hotel or did everyone go to HDDR??? My 3 year old was sick last year for days in the park but thank goodness no one else got sick. I think she had too much sun and chlorine. We spent 3 days in the hotel and then she continued to vomit on our 25 hour ride home....such fun!!! Feel better and I really am sorry that you missed so much of your trip!!!

I'm sorry your trip was ruined, and hope you are able to find a way to go back sometime soon and make up for it! :-( I got a stomach virus AFTER my trip, thankfully. I can imagine you must be so disappointed, though.

I am so sorry that your trip ended up with everyone violently ill. If you all got sick at the same time and ate at the same places, then my vote is for food poisoning. I really hope everyone is well soon. Try to focus on how great your first 3 days were. I really hope you will be able to return to Disney again soon.

Max is my favorite cat! :love:

I am so sorry this happened to your family .

That is so awful!! I'm scared to death about something like this happening to us in August. If there's a stomach bug within 50 miles my kids manage to catch it - and then spread it around the whole family. I'm a handwashing fanatic too. :p

I wish there was something that could be done for you. What rotten luck!

I'm so sorry to hear about your trip. It happened to my family a few years ago at a beach resort. I feel your pain. Hope you all get better soon :wave: .

When we were in Disney in 4/05, my nephew got sick as we were leaving MK on our first day-at first we laughed and said he "christened" the parking lot. My the end of the next day, it hit my 4 year old son, the next day took my six year old, by day 4, we had 3 kids who were so ill, they didn't know which end it was coming from. My nephew ended up in the hospital before we flew home-it was terrible! I cried for 2 weeks afterward!
On the last day, we attempted AK, and while in one of the medic areas, there were at least 3 families w/ sick young kids-it seemed to be a terrible virus making its way through.
We can laugh about it now-but just thinking of all that wasted $$ is depressing.
We have planned a return trip for 1/07 and we are hoping all will be well!

I am so sorry for all of you families who got sick on their WDW trip. We have 5
children and stayed at POP last June. On our 2nd day my 13 year old was extremely sick, and spent the next 5 days violently ill. I work at a hospital so was able to call &
get a script, but it didn't help my son at all. We finally cut our trip short, it was so
sad as it was the 1st Family Vacation we ever had. My prayers are with you! Next
time I go I am going to Lysol the whole room before entering and use ALOT of hand sanitizer!!!!

I'm curious about the trip insurance, too. If you saw a doctor, there's documentation, so you should be able to get reimbursed for the missed days...did you have trip insurance for this trip?
Nevertheless, so sorry that you had such a miserable time of it...nothing worse than stomach ailments, IMO.

Thanks for all the tips about trip insurance. I have a bit of a black cloud over my head, so we did have trip insurance. I called them yesterday and they are sending a form for me to fill out. I'll let you all know how much they cover. I'm a little worried because the receipt from the doc. only has my name on it. The official appointment was for me, but he checked us all out while he was there so we wouldn't have to pay for 4 visits.

I think I am going to give up on travel! My last three vacations have gone like this...
1) Emergency surgery shortly after landing at the airport in RI. The ambulance took me from baggage claim!
2) Make-up trip for RI. Skiing on my birthday. I fell getting off the lift and broke 3 bones and severed my ACL. That took a surgery and almost 2 years to recover.
3) Disney....
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

TruBlu said:
Thanks for all the tips about trip insurance. I have a bit of a black cloud over my head, so we did have trip insurance. I called them yesterday and they are sending a form for me to fill out. I'll let you all know how much they cover. I'm a little worried because the receipt from the doc. only has my name on it. The official appointment was for me, but he checked us all out while he was there so we wouldn't have to pay for 4 visits.

I think I am going to give up on travel! My last three vacations have gone like this...
1) Emergency surgery shortly after landing at the airport in RI. The ambulance took me from baggage claim!
2) Make-up trip for RI. Skiing on my birthday. I fell getting off the lift and broke 3 bones and severed my ACL. That took a surgery and almost 2 years to recover.
3) Disney....
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
That is just awful, i really feel for you and your family! :sad2:

So sorry. We had that happen to us once so I know how you feel. I think we had the Roto virus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter