Entertainment Card

luckycharms2010

Mouseketeer
Everybody keeps talking about it... what is it? I thought at first it was a card you got for being a Disney season pass holder... but now I read you can buy the card so I'm confused. :confused3
If it's not associated with Disney where can I get one and how much does it cost?

Everybody keeps talking about it... what is it? I thought at first it was a card you got for being a Disney season pass holder... but now I read you can buy the card so I'm confused. :confused3
If it's not associated with Disney where can I get one and how much does it cost?

You can get it when you but an entertainment book..its full of coupons and what not...main benefit on here for it I'd for hojos. If thats all you want it for you can get the card alone on ebay

You can usually find just the card on Ebay for a few dollars if you don't want the entire book. :goodvibes

Another thing to consider is buying the card for your local area. For example, I live in the Seattle area so I bought the Seattle Entertainment Book through a fundraiser (kids schools quite often sell them) or you could buy online. It comes with the card, which is ALL you need to show when checking in at the HoJo's.

I was actually quite surprised....when I made our reservations the first time, I was never asked for any card#'s or anything to prove I had the ET card. However, you MUST show it at check in.

So if you decide to buy just the ET card from ebay (which I did last year and worked out great!) then make sure you buy one that is still current. I think they all go Nov-Nov, so it should have an expiration date of Nov 1, 2011. I paid less then $2 total and saved well over $300 just at the HoJo's. So well worth it:thumbsup2

The cards do NOT show city or states on them so it really doesn't matter which ET book you buy. I didn't think I would be able to use all the SoCal coupons in my 1 week visit, so opted to buy my local Seattle book and was then able to use it all year long. Either way, it's a great deal...IMO.

If I am making a hotel reservation for Dec 2011 (checking out in Jan 2012) which entertainment card would I require (2011 or 2012)?

Thank you

If I am making a hotel reservation for Dec 2011 (checking out in Jan 2012) which entertainment card would I require (2011 or 2012)?

2012 - the 2011 cards expire Nov 1, 2011

I believe you'll be able to start buying the 2012 Entertainment book online this summer. If you order in online, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get it. I think it takes like 3 weeks to arrive with standard shipping. I'm not sure if there will be many discounts on the new book before you'll need it (that would actually arrive in time for you to use it. They ran some good specials last December, but since shipping it so slow, I'm not sure if it would arrive in time for your trip). During the spring, they sometimes run a special of get the current book free when you pre-order the new book, so that may be the best special you'll find.

Also, when you purchase online, you can designate a school/organization in your area to get the credit/earnings from the sale

Thanks for asking this question. I didn't know what it was. But I have another question, can the entertainment card be only used for HoJo? Or can it be used for any hotel?

You can also wait until about April or so and the books go on sale on the website (maybe even sooner). They go down even further as summer comes closer. We often buy one in June as we tend to go out more in the summer and use the services in the book. When you get the book, you register your card on the website which gives you access to all the available hotel listings. Mousesavers.com usually has alerts when the books are on sale.

I'm not really a fan of buying the card on ebay as they were intended to raise money for charity and not for resale. Sort of rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not really a fan of buying the card on ebay as they were intended to raise money for charity and not for resale. Sort of rubs me the wrong way.
The entertainment book discount is mant to be applied for entertainment card members who have purchased a book. It defats the program if you are using a card that you didn't actually pay for through the legitimate channels. What is the incentive to HoJo's to continue offering the program to Entertainment Book purchasers if you bypass that requirement? It's cheating the system to just buy the card for a one-time discount.

Thanks for asking this question. I didn't know what it was. But I have another question, can the entertainment card be only used for HoJo? Or can it be used for any hotel?

It is good for possibly hundreds of businesses. But Hojo is the only hotel that I'm aware of. There are different ones depending on who sells it.

You can search on the web for entertainment card really easy and find many. Up the thread I posted a link, you can see some sample discounts if you follow the link to any area.

It is good for possibly hundreds of businesses. But Hojo is the only hotel that I'm aware of. There are different ones depending on who sells it.

You can search on the web for entertainment card really easy and find many. Up the thread I posted a link, you can see some sample discounts if you follow the link to any area.

Staybridge in Anaheim also offers Entertainment rates.

Another thing to consider is buying the card for your local area. For example, I live in the Seattle area so I bought the Seattle Entertainment Book through a fundraiser (kids schools quite often sell them) or you could buy online. It comes with the card, which is ALL you need to show when checking in at the HoJo's.

The cards do NOT show city or states on them so it really doesn't matter which ET book you buy. I didn't think I would be able to use all the SoCal coupons in my 1 week visit, so opted to buy my local Seattle book and was then able to use it all year long. Either way, it's a great deal...IMO.

I did not know that! Thanks for the information. :thumbsup2

The entertainment book discount is mant to be applied for entertainment card members who have purchased a book. It defats the program if you are using a card that you didn't actually pay for through the legitimate channels. What is the incentive to HoJo's to continue offering the program to Entertainment Book purchasers if you bypass that requirement? It's cheating the system to just buy the card for a one-time discount.

You know, I never really thought about it that way -- that's a good point. Someone that worked for the Entertainment book company actually gave away a bunch of cards a couple of years ago through the boards (that's how I got mine at the time), and I never really considered that. We have our APs again now, so don't need the card anymore, but something to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter