Entertainment Book ?'s

dcookies

Mouseketeer
We have reservations at the HRH 8/27 - 8/31. After reading these boards, I purchased the Entertainment Book on-line yesterday, hoping to be able to get a good rate (right now, we're booked at the "2TIX" rate). The book will be delivered in a few days. I've never had an entertainment book before, so I have a few questions about using it to get the discount at HRH.

When I registered the book on-line, they gave me a 9-digit # - is this what I use when I call for a reservation?

OR

Do I need to wait until I physically receive the book, and then use a coupon for the hotel rate?

Any idea what the chances are for getting the entertainment rate? I don't think the hotel is booked, since I had no trouble when I made the reservation last Thursday.

Thanks!

You don't need the book until you actually check in. They never ask for the no. until then. You should call ASAP to get the entertainment rate, they do go fast. Next time wait until you have the reservation then purchase the book. If per chance they don't have entertainment rates for that hotel try the other two, Portofino and the new Royal Pacific Resort, they have the same perks. Be aware when you get the book what you actually need is the card that comes with the book, that is the 9 digit no. they gave you online. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the info!

I just called and got the entertainment rate of $125 (we originally had the pool view, and that was available at $140, but based onwhat I've read here, I changed to garden view).

I love these boards!:)

One more thing, last year at HRH I purchased our park tickets at HRH and they had this great sale of 2-day tickets for the price of one, I was informed about this when I called and made my reservations. I haven't heard of any discounts like this yet but it wouldn't hurt to ask. . . HRH is a WONDERFUL hotel, I've stayed there twice in the summer and winter and loved it both times. The location can't be beat and those room keys are wonderful at the parks for the Express access. Have a wonderful time!

Another entertainment question: Since the Disney Club card is also a quasi-entertainment card - can you use your Disney Club card for an entertainment card discount at HRH? Has anyone done it? Why pay for an entertainment book if you already have the Disney Club card?

Amy,
The Disney Club Card is NOT accepted at the Universal Hotels.

Thanks gschmerl - that's kind of what I figured, but you never know.

I wondered about the Disney Club card. When we called to ask about Entertainment rates for RPH for Jan. we were asked if we had a Disney Club card and indicated that when rates were available we could get them with that card. :confused:

I read in some thread a while ago that the Entertainment part of the Disney Club card was made with the understanding that it was NOT to be used for hotels in the Orlando area. The reasoning, I think, is that if they give any discounts for hotels other than their own, they would be competing with their own hotels, which makes sense. Anyone else read that thread, I don't remember where I read it but I know it was when they first came out with the new Disney Club card.

I know I've read threads on this board where people have said they were told by people at he PBH and HRH that they could NOT use their Disney Card for discounts at the Universal Hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter