• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entertainment Book -- Meal and Deal coupon

vhoffman said:
I also noticed they are for sale on Ebay. Wonder where people are getting all those coupons to sell? Dang..........I sent mine to someone, won't say who, perhaps I should have sold mine on Ebay? Perhaps this thread is a scam to get those coupons to resell them? I really hope the person I sent mine to is legit and using them just for her own family, not reselling them, and its not my intention to make trouble for anyone----I sent it of my own choosing just hoping to help someone else a little with vacation expenses, but who knows? Maybe I should look at Ebay and see what type of coupons are selling? :confused3

I'll admit that I sold two coupons on ebay, but here was the situation. I was stupid and purchased two of these coupons on ebay for $20.00 because at the time (without me doing any research - STUPID) it seemed like a good deal. So anyway, once I realized that I had made a dumb mistake, I turned around and resold them on ebay and took about a $5.00 loss. I posted on www.craigslist.com and was able to get two coupons for free by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to a couple of nice people who were not using their coupons. So, in the end I came out with two coupons, and only having to be out around $5 for my stupid mistake. So anyway, if you happened to see my name on ebay selling a couple of coupons a month or so ago, I wasn't cheating anyone, I was just trying to rectify a stupid mistake that I created for myself.

We just got back from Universal and I was so fortunate to have a nice DIS member, bobbiwoz, send me her coupon. I exchanged it at guest services and got the actual ticket you need for the free meal and movie ticket BUT guess what? I forgot to use it. I thought about it on the way back to the hotel after our meal. So I am going to pass on the good fortune to someone else. I am not sure when it expires since I already redeemed the actual coupon so if you are going in the next few weeks then PM me and I will send it to you.

We now have enough coupons for all four of us. We leave 4/14 for WDW!I had given up on this and was surprised by the generosity of board members who PM'd me and sent them.Thank you Thanks you!

What is the actual value for these? Meaning, how much is dinner and a movie?

I was thinking of purchasing multiple Entertainment Books because they are half price now with free shipping. I was hoping to see if the Winnepeg, Canada book had these coupons. If they did, then the book would be only $12.

If you can't get more coupons for free, $6 for a dinner and $6 for a movie isn't too shabby.

I can't even imagine selling them. I bought the book because I wanted it for some of the local coupons and for the car rental code. It's been great and hubby and I are always checking out our book for other things we'll use. I bought it at full price because our trip was in January so I bought it pretty much as soon as it was available, but I also received MyPoints credit for it, so I feel that I've more than gotten back what I paid for it and more.

And I would much rather share the coupons with someone who will actually use them instead of trying to make a buck. Honestly, I feel much better doing something nice for someone than I'd ever feel about the money I'd make.

Pay it forward!!! Someone just did something very nice for me this week and I love the idea of paying it forward. If more people did that instead of always trying to make the extra, the world would be a more pleasant place, I think.

This is my opinion. I did not read all the posts here, so if anyone here has sold theirs, please don't take this personally. These are my opinions and my feelings and I hope that everyone gets to feel the same type of magic I did when I receive and turn around a good deed.

also - if you are considering buying the Ent. books - check your reward sites - I just got the book for half price - and still got the 750 points from MyPoints!!!! :sunny:

:wizard:

aikman_fan_8 said:
What is the actual value for these? Meaning, how much is dinner and a movie?

I was thinking of purchasing multiple Entertainment Books because they are half price now with free shipping. I was hoping to see if the Winnepeg, Canada book had these coupons. If they did, then the book would be only $12.

If you can't get more coupons for free, $6 for a dinner and $6 for a movie isn't too shabby.
The value is 19.95 each. There are a number of restaurants on City walk to choose from.Take a peek at the city walkuniversal web site it even has menus.

pansmermaidzlagoon said:
also - if you are considering buying the Ent. books - check your reward sites - I just got the book for half price - and still got the 750 points from MyPoints!!!! :sunny:

:wizard:
I purchased books but what are the points?
PS
If anyone needs some of the other Orlando ones let me know. We already have rental car and hotel so those are available. I gave away Dolly Dixie Stampede to another Board member but have some for other shows. I also will not be using the one for the Disney on Ice which looks like it is good wherever the show is not just in Orlando.
PM me and I will send. :love: Paying it forward. :cool1:

Still looking for 2 more -- Movie and Dinner coupons from any states Entertainment Book.

Thank you very much!

P.S. WE got them,, thanks to disners for helping out ,,,,
just wanted to update ,,,, We got the last one we needed

Woo Hoo,, going to Disney / Universal

I would surely like to have one as well for my trip in June.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :goodvibes :) :teeth: :love: :bitelip: :woohoo: :wave: :wave2: :yay: :lovestruc :bounce: :bride: :banana: :cool1:

Thank you!

I have the above coupons in my Entertainment book that I do not need - have APs - if anyone would like them PM (first come first served) and I will get them out in the mail

Each coupon is good for $5.00 off admission for up to 6 guests.

Also US coupons, except for th Meal and Movie Pass

1) $7.00 ($5.00 if child ticket) in Universal Scrip with each 2 Day/2 Park Admission - up to 4 per coupon
2) $10.00 ($7.00 child) in Universal Scrip with each 3-Day/2 Park Admission. up to 4 per coupon

Bumping up ..... still looking for one more Entertainment Book - Universal Meal And Movie coupon (from any U.S. States Book).

Thank you in advance and for your good deeds!!!!!

ines248 said:
The Disney boards needs a new section called COUPON so people will be able to swap entertainment coupon for an entertainment coupon. This is fair to everyone and this is how I found my 1st coupon. I swapped the hotwire coupon for a Citywalk meal coupon.[/font][/color]

They are really supposed to be used only by the person who owns the Entertainment book. Sometimes, when we use more than one coupon, I'm asked to see more than one E card. I've send one of mine to someone, and it's up to them how they handle it if asked to see a card, but just thought I'd mention this...that selling them on eBay is not right..but I don't think we are suppose to share them either.

We were able to try two restaurants using the Movie/Meal Deal. I exchanged the coupons at CityWalk Guest Services w/no problems...they didn't even ask to see an Ent. Card. The one thing I didn't like was that on both occasions the servers seemed to "forget" us once they realized we were using the vouchers. They were friendly while taking our food orders but didn't come around very often to refill drinks, etc. At Hard Rock Cafe they seated us right next to the restroom and didn't even give us a menu, the server said we had to look at the flyer they gave us at Guest Services to see what our choices were. He got our drink order mixed up as some had ordered sweet tea while others did not. Of course we couldn't tell until after we had taken a sip. When we mentioned the mistake he told us to just trade with each other instead of offering to bring new drinks. The way we were treated made our whole party feel embarrassed to be using the voucher there. It wasn't quite as bad @ Margaritaville, but our server never even came back to see if we wanted dessert or anything.

Ahhh...the things I will do for a free meal! :teeth:

DMRick said:
They are really supposed to be used only by the person who owns the Entertainment book. Sometimes, when we use more than one coupon, I'm asked to see more than one E card. I've send one of mine to someone, and it's up to them how they handle it if asked to see a card, but just thought I'd mention this...that selling them on eBay is not right..but I don't think we are suppose to share them either.

Is "sharing them" the same as trading/swaping?
you mean to say:
ebaying= selling = prohibited by at any forum.
giving away for free = sharing = It is okay to do this at the Disney Boards.
trading= for another coupon= also, a type of sharing because we feel it is fair to give back what you receive.
Sometimes we may ONLY trade/get a Thank You!

I don`t know about you DMrick but I feel it is ok to share what we have even if we are sharing/trading a coupon just for a Thank You at the Disney Board.

Ohh and thanks for reminding me to bring my Entertainment cards (3) with me when I go to citywalk.

ines248 said:
I don`t know about you DMrick but I feel it is ok to share what we have even if we are sharing/trading a coupon just for a Thank You at the Disney Board.

Ohh and thanks for reminding me to bring my Entertainment cards (3) with me when I go to citywalk.

Everyone can feel however they wish...and I would never sell mine. I'm just saying, before we condemn those who sell them on eBay (and I'm not one of them selling coupons on eBay although I am one of those guilty of sharing coupons from my book)..the coupons are meant to be used by the person who bought the book. At any time you can be asked for the card..and sometimes people are. Rightfully so. So it looks like both those "sharing" and those selling are not going by the rules of the Entertainment book. The Entertainment Company makes money by selling the booksSo is one doing a better thing than another? It just makes us feel better to be sharing, than be selling.

This is from the entertainment book website.

The barter, trade, sale, purchase, or transfer for compensation of this Book, any of its offers, or printed "web" coupons by any person or entity, including but not limited to travel services, travel providers, and printers, publishers, and distributors of this Book or any of its offers is strictly prohibited, unless expressly authorized by ENTERTAINMENT PUBLICATIONS. This Book and its offers are intended for the personal use of the individual purchaser of this Book. Additionally, the use of this Book or any of its offers for advertising purposes, in any form or fashion, is strictly prohibited. Any use of an offer in violation of these Rules will render the offer VOID, and violators will be prosecuted. Offers may not be reproduced and are void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter