• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Enough time? Park Fare, slipper,mickey!

excitedmomma

Mouseketeer
I have a ps at 1900 Park Fare for 7:00 pm on a Spectromagic night, which starts at 9:00. I want to order dd a slipper and ds a mickey. My question is will we have enough time to enjoy them and still make it to Spectro. My dh will already be there holding a spot for us. I realize it may be hard to "get" to him anyway.

Is this the only place to get these desserts? And if ordered before hand, will they arrive to our table quickly? We've never been to PF, is seating pretty quickly?

Whats an average time it takes leaving the Poly to arrive a MK?

I can't answer how long it would take to get the slipper and the Mickey but if your dh will hold a spot to watch the parade, then you should be in good shape, if you leave dinner by 8:30 you should be fine.

Two hours prior should be enough time for everything as long as you don't have to wait long for a table. If it is a very busy night you may end up waiting so be prepared for that. (you might want to try getting there a little earlier to give you some cushion).

Once seated, it should take about an hour to eat, the character buffets usually take about that much time for the characters to cycle around, sometimes a little longer.

Keep in mind you will actually be taking the monorail from GF, not POLY. GF is just one stop from MK so monorail time with waiting may take 5-10 minutes tops. Don't forget you'll need to go through security and the main gates, then you'll need to find your dh:p

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

I don't want to burst your bubble here but I personally do not feel that you have enough time.

You will have to eat fast, get desert fast and hopefully see all the characters. I think a lot of the dining factor would get lost if you rush through dinner and desert.

It sounds like your husband is not going to have dinner with you either (as he will be holding your spot for the parade) and this dinner may be something he would enjoy - Cinderella is there.

Also, you will need to get on the monorail so you may have to wait for one - also you have to go through security before you get into the park and then you will need to find your husband.

I think it will be rushed and things would have to go smoothly and without a hitch for this to happen.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!!

Lisa

I also think your cutting things too close. Is DH going to MK just to hold a spot for Spectro?? I personally wouldn't want my Dh to miss a special meal with the kids to hold a parade spot. Doesn't seem fair. I'd either go earlier say 5pm or another night. Depends on your priorities.

I would also try to get an earlier PS. Just because your PS is at 7pm doesn't mean you will get in at 7pm. As it is you are trying to get everything done in 1 hour before you must leave for the MK. You also need to call 1900 Park Fare a couple of day's in advance to get the slipper and mickey. I would want a 6pm PS for dinner if it was me. I hope it works out for you. Susan

7 was the earliest I could get when I booked it many weeks ago. I just called and still couldn't get ANYTHING else. So, I'm stuck with what I have. DH and older ds17 didn't have a desire to go to the dinner before we even knew this was the only night for Spectro. Now I'm afraid we'll miss Spectro. :( But, I guess DD6 would probably enjoy the dinner more then Spectro.? (we couldn't get any other princess dining!) We'll hope for the best! Guess, I'll go ahead and get those desserts ordered! yummy!

I can see how long planning is certainly good! Ours was a short (60 day) notice First time trip!

Thanks All for the comments!:D

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Melinda

I would go over to the Grand at 5:45 and ask to be seated earlier. With just you and 2 kids they will most liekly take pity on you and seat you! I would say go EARLIER definately! WE almost never make a PS unless we are meeting friends for dinner otherwise we always get right in with no more than 30 min. wait.

GOOD LUCK!:earsboy:

Hey girl! :D I agree that you should just get there an hour early. I bet they'll get you seated and then you won't have to worry.
Don't let this one thing worry you so much that it puts a damper on your trip. It will all work out. ::yes::

Hugs,
Sherry :wave2:

Why not have DH video-tape the parade. That way if you do miss it you can watch it later. I agree that a 7:00 PS is cutting it a little close. People start lining up at least an hour before the parade for good viewing areas. The area around Main Street is very crowded.
My suggestion to you is that if you can't get an earlier PS, have your DH find a spot in Frontierland on the Country Bear side of the street. It is less crowded in this area and you will probably get a better spot. When you enter the MK go up Main Street and turn left at Adventureland. Cut through Adventureland to Frontierland and you should find your DH much easier than on Main Street. If I remember correctly, the parade starts in Main St and ends in Frontierland so that will give you added time to get to your DH.

BTW, easiest way to Adventureland is to cut through the stores (Emporium, etc.), come out at Casey's, go past the Crystal Palace, and turn left into Adventureland. You will bypass most of the crowd this way.

Don't give up on getting an earlier PS. Last year we had a difficult time getting a PS at Chef Mickey's for earlier than 7pm and a week before our trip an earlier time opened up. We also could not get a PS for 1900 Park Faire before we went and showed up one night at 5:30pm with 9 people and were seated in 15 minutes. If you really want to see the parade, I would try and get there early.

Thank you, Jiminy14 for the specific directions:worship: I've printed them! lol

Hey Sherry! :wave2:

I believe we will go early. It sure can' t hurt and maybe we'll get in! And I think I will get DH to video the parade just in case, but with a little pixie dust we wont need it princess:

Thank you All!

It won't matter, too much either way, b/c we'll be in DisneyWorld!!:teeth:

:thewave: :thewave:

Could someone explain to me what the "Mickey" is that the original poster is ordering? I haven't been on the boards as often as I would like these days. I have read about the Cindy's slipper dessert and am curious about the Mickey dessert for my son on our first trip.

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by bweagle
Could someone explain to me what the "Mickey" is that the original poster is ordering? I haven't been on the boards as often as I would like these days. I have read about the Cindy's slipper dessert and am curious about the Mickey dessert for my son on our first trip.

Thanks for your help!

Check out this link for info on the Chocolate Mickey's
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=567108

Thanks so much for posting the link! They will definitely be on our next "to do" list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter