Enough Already!!

SheriN

Mouseketeer
We booked our rooms last week, I've spent days and days combing through DIS looking for tips/tricks and other info.

And now... I CAN"T SLEEP!!! :Pinkbounc

I woke up at 4am yesterday planning. Thinking, we need to take this, we need to take that.

This morning was a little better, I woke up at 5. After not getting to sleep til midnight!

How do you put your mind at ease, get over the excitement of going and get some much needed sleep?

I have the Ultimate Packing List someone posted on here and have been on numerous trips so I know how to pack, so why is my brain constantly going over "we need this, we need that"

Any BTDT's or tricks would sure be helpful!

Maybe because I have been there before, although it's been 20 years. So I know the kids will be excited! Shoot *I'll* be excited! LOL

But man I want some sleep!

Sheri

-------------------------
Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Ha, I did this to myself last year too! I think I was really looking forward to going again and kept reviewing the DIS any chance I could to make sure I didn't miss anything. The first day or 2 there I felt like I had to rush to get in all the tips. Finally, I calmed down, realized I needed to enjoy my trip and if I didn't do everything I would next time! It sounds like you've done everything possible for your trip. Take a few days off from planning and you'll be able to sleep!

:earsgirl:

HEHEHEH! Typical excitement! I am all over the boards from the moment I book a trip and then it wears off for a few and then it comes back just in time to make me over the top excited for the trip! PLAN AWAY! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

LOL I am SO glad I'm not the only one doing this! Last night was better, and hopefully as I keep telling myself that it really isn't that much more involved from other trips we've taken it will get better. I packed for those, and we've done a LOT of trips, and didn't have too many "we should have brought this" moments.

Now I have to be careful I don't get the kids over-excited! LOL

Sheri

Sheri - I still have over 80 days but I am doing the same thing you are. In order not to feel the $$$$ crunch I have been buying things for the trip a little at a time and already have our luggage laid out in our basement. As I have been washing the last of the summer clothes ( my kids would wear shorts in 40 degree weather) I am slowly packing their clothes for the trip. Great way to insure they have no more shorts to wear to school. LOL.

I have bought toiletries for all of us, new socks, new underwear (remember what your mother always said about making sure to wear new underwear, LOL)(plus my kids want me to wash all new stuff before they wear it). I have even put aside new coloring books for my DD and a new Gameboy game for my DS.

I am on the DIS and other boards almost 24/7. Every free minute at work (like now) and even at home. My family calls me SDP - Sick Disney Person. I'm more ready for this trip than for the holidays this year. Maybe because our entire family (in-laws and all) are going this trip. I just want it to be perfect.

So you are not the only one.........almost everyone on the DIS is like you and me.

Enjoy your trip.

Dina Marie

I was wildly excited about our trip in Feb/2006 when we were first planning it...all over the boards...(my first time on boards just about anywhere...as i'm sure most can tell). I was a woman obsessed. My husband is not a "Disneyphile"...as my DD and i are. He is not joining us on this trip....
Whenever we first begin to plan a trip. :love: it is like... :cloud9: ........
Now....it is beginning to temper down a bit....as i need to work on Christmas....but after the Holidays....
....i know.....DISNEY....will set back in..... :bitelip:

Dh and I arnt going till Feb/06 but we have set up a time line of things that we need to do each week for the trip. Right now its us paying things off, like the hotel and the credit card. Our goal is to have the trip fully paid for before the end of 2005. Once Christmas is over and the tree and stuff is all packed away the suitcases will come out and I will pack us up, then unpack us and take out only what we need. ;)
This week its passports because our old ones have expired and getting DH some new running shoes that dont have holes in them so they are all broken in by Feb.
I go on the Dis everyday but planning wise I dont plan out each day of what we are going to do too much, DH and I are on vacation. We do have it planned out this much. We do the parks in order of opening, and then we hop between park to park after that and do things that we love, like RNRC and TOT.
I only set up three ADR's because DH likes sometimes to do things on the spur of the moment. Being that its just the two of us sometimes we can get snuck in at resturants that may be busy. Sometimes is the key word.

Usually about the last two weeks " Im too excited to sleep!". So a glass of wine always seems to help too :)

Enjoy

Sara

SheriN the excitement is contagious. I developed WDW tripinsomania from last 2 days. Cant wait to go to DIsney!!!

Ditto... When I first started planning months ago, I also crammed my poor little brain with SOOOOOOOOO much WDW info reading online and such, that I couldn't sleep, all I did was think about it all. Well, now that it is getting closer (19 days)... it's not AS bad... but I am excited. I am trying not to think about it as much.

TIP: I did take some over the counter nighttime medicine to sleep a few times. I know I will have to do this the night before we leave FOR SURE!

I am down to 2 days too. I have the suitcase out and unpacked. I want to go over the clothes with DS! Then zip them up and sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a tough day. Lucky for me I do have a few errands to run tomorrow so that will help.

I am so ready! :cool1: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I love planning for trips, that seems to be part of the fun for me. Maybe I'm an obsessive compulsive vacation planner like I read on someone's message. I'm working on Feb. 2007 now. WDW is waiting for us in Dec. and April. Can't wait! I keep lots of lists especially next to the bed so I don't have to get up when I think of something I need to remember. Enjoy the anticipation! It's like waiting for Santa.

I will be leaving on Dec 2 - just 13 days away. I am so excited that the receptionist at my work is even doing the countdown days with me. I have found that the only way that I can sleep before I go on vacation is to take 2 Tylenol PMs. Even with that in me, I can hardly sleep.

that normal for me. I think about all the time once I start planning. I wake up in the middle of the night and go on the discussion group. Right now I am hoping to plan for next Nov. for my 50th Birthday!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: princess:

Hi Sheri, I am planning our family's first trip, too. I can't believe we leave in 23 days! I am so excited that I, too, plan in my sleep! I think after reading these boards for so long that I am destined to be a Disney addict :)

I too used to suffer from "tripsomania".....I would troll internet for info...print it out and organize into a 3 ring binder etc....bought all the books....etc.

We traveled here many times.....then one fateful January2000 trip when the weather in Florida was GORGEOUS compared to Illinois where I was from....we decided we were just gonna MOVE here.
By December 2000 the house was built and we moved south!

5 years later....we are still very happy with this decision.....
Consider this your warning though....too many wonderful trips to Disney leaves you longing for more. Sometimes even uprooting your family and relocating.

Special note for school teachers: The school districts here have TONS of jobs! So it is easy to relocate.
Special note for construction workers: There are LOTS of job opportunities for this as well.

That is what my DH and I were....a school teacher and a Construction man....we took the big leap and here we are!
Then you pick up the fun part time job at Disney and go for FREE!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter